Coronavirus is a fraud

3 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus is a fraud

Post by neptune Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:10 pm

bighax wrote:
Man, I don't even want to think about this celebrity stuff. I've heard rumors that for many of them, most of their life history is made up.

Really?  That makes total sense.  Certainly seems to be the case with the 44th President of the United States at least.  

E.g I've heard Zuckerberg wasn't even a good coder or tech guy at all - he is just the planted face for Facebook. Would take a lot of investigation to confirm or disconfirm it I guess. I can't spare that kind of effort.

Well, in absence of proof, skepticism is the healthiest option.  Wink  Besides, if Zuckerberg and Gates were really so smart, then why did they drop out of college??  

Still, some people have even ended up in jail, being treated worse than rats, for some banal thing they've said on Twitter or FB.

That's why social media can be very dangerous.  I'm certainly not advocating being stupid or anything.  You definitely have to be very careful about what you say—and when and where you say it.  

However the rich sports people likely wouldn't get that kind of response, so they should do more.

They could certainly be blackballed at least.  I mean, look at Margaret Court.  But yes, they should certainly do more regardless.

Not that the tennis tour doesn't pay the top players enough.

Right.  I mean, would they ever end up homeless and begging for food?  Very Happy  Even if you lose some sponsors, you'll still probably be set for life.  So I basically have very little sympathy for any wealthy person who sells their soul just to appease the insatiable bullies.  The most courageous approach is to stand up to them, as this excellent article illustrates:

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2020/06/08/more-than-ever-its-time-to-unleash-the-power-of-no-n2570188

For way too long, too many conservatives and other normal people have failed to deploy our most potent weapon in the defense of free thought and expression – the utter refusal to go along with the demands of the carnivorous left. As has been said before by me and others, we need to introduce these spoiled brats to the concept of “no.” . . .

The rest of us are expected to shut up, and thereby concede and recognize their mastery over us.

We could do that, sure.

Or we could tell them “no.”

I’ll go with “no.”
. . .

In the end, there's no such thing as a "free lunch."  Either way you'll have to pay something.  But I believe the overall price will end up being less in the long run if you stand for your values than if you take the easy way out and cave like a 93-pound weakling.  albino    Besides, when you go look in the mirror each day, don't you want to be able to respect what you see there?

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:56 am

Saw this comment on another site.  The woman who wrote this nailed it:

Whoever screams the loudest, the longest, and the most strident eventually gets his way, regardless of the merits of the substance of his beef (if any). Every two year old in the mall knows this. The reason this works in this day and age is that the parents have been indoctrinated, shamed, and cowed into letting the little rotter have his/her way. Apparently, this has carried over into governance. BLM is a criminal organization. Of course, they hate the police. The police won't let them run their rackets and violence, or prey upon honest innocent contributors to society, unchallenged. There is something totally out of touch with reality about super-ultra-privileged people of color like Kaepernick blasting people who have a fraction of one percent of his income for enjoying "white privilege." And that he is doing it at work, offending and driving off 71% of his employer's customers, and on his employer's nickel, is just unacceptable. With the exception of a very small handful, all of the black men killed by police are either in the process of committing a crime or are taking affirmative actions that directly threaten someone's safety. In sheer numbers, there are many more white men killed by police in a year than there are black men. There is no consideration for those facts. If we are such weaklings, so easily embarrassed, guilted, and cowed by the bad guys, maybe we deserve to be rubbed out. Now they want to unfund the police. Just think this through to its logical conclusion!

Last edited by neptune on Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:57 am

Ain't it the truth??!!! Laughing

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 8 1837713

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:02 pm

They're now claiming COVID also causes neurological symptoms: https://sci-hub.tw/https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ana.25807. Is there anything it doesn't do? Rolling Eyes

A second survey of 58 hospitalized patients (median age 63) with COVID-19 acute respiratory
distress syndrome (ARDS) at Strasbourg University Hospital found that 69% of patients had
agitation, 67% corticospinal tract signs, and 36% a “dysexecutive” syndrome with difficulty in
concentration, attention, orientation and following commands.

Of course this is likely why it is:

Not surprisingly, when compared to those with non-severe disease, the severe
cohort were older (58+15 yrs vs. 49+15 yrs), and more likely to have comorbidities including
hypertension, diabetes, malignancy, cardiac, cerebrovascular, or kidney disease (48% vs. 33%,
p=0.03).

It's just those other diseases again, contributing to neural degeneration. Also funnily enough, the suffering patients tested NEGATIVE FOR COVID:

A second survey of 58 hospitalized patients (median age 63) with COVID-19 acute respiratory
distress syndrome (ARDS) at Strasbourg University Hospital found that 69% of patients had
agitation, 67% corticospinal tract signs, and 36% a “dysexecutive” syndrome with difficulty in
concentration, attention, orientation and following commands. 15 All patients studied (11/11)
had evidence of frontal hypoperfusion on arterial spin label and dynamic susceptibility-weighted
perfusion MRI. Only seven patients had a CSF examination and none had a pleocytosis and none
had detectable SARS-CoV-2 RNA detected by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction
(RT-PCR).

No confirmed COVID, yet it's of course COVID that caused the abnormalities Rolling Eyes

Also here's the Zuck report: https://northerntruthseeker.blogspot.com/2019/11/exposing-fraud-called-facebook.html. The thread kind of went off course, I might post another one just about the celebrity fakery.

bighax
Admin

https://tennisdoping.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Nurse at COVID Epicenter Hospital: “It’s murder”:

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2020/06/13/nurse-at-covid-epicenter-hospital-its-murder/

At the hospital, poverty-stricken patients, mostly black and Latino, come in and are tested for COVID-19. When the conventional tests read negative—meaning no COVID—some of these people are nevertheless marked down as COVID-19 cases.

That puts them on a train to death.

For no good reason, they’re placed on breathing ventilators. They’re sedated, to keep them from moving around and feeling the discomfort and pain of the invasive intubation.

But these patients are HEAVILY sedated for long periods. As much as a MONTH.

Completely cut off from the outside world, they never wake up.

This is no mystery. Any medical professional, doctor or nurse, WOULD KNOW DEATH IS THE INEVITABLE OUTCOME. It’s a protocol for killing.

And of course, the patients’ deaths are marked down as “caused by the virus.”

There you go. Better not be tested for COVID, else they might "treat" you to the grave Rolling Eyes Does that explain part of the death rates? You bet.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:26 pm

bighax wrote: Is there anything it doesn't do? Rolling Eyes

Well, I've heard it doesn't do dishes, but that may change in a few days.  Wink

It's just those other diseases again, contributing to neural degeneration. Also funnily enough, the suffering patients tested NEGATIVE FOR COVID:

That doesn't make any sense!  

Thanks for the link.  So Zuckerberg is bisexual???  Shocked   Surprised I didn't notice that before.  Well, he's definitely a fraud.

I might post another one just about the celebrity fakery.

Yes, it'd be interesting to read that.  So, we have Serena, Venus, POTUS #44 (along with his spouse), and now Zuckerberg.  Probably hundreds of others as well.  bounce

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:44 pm

bighax wrote:
At the hospital, poverty-stricken patients, mostly black and Latino, come in and are tested for COVID-19. When the conventional tests read negative—meaning no COVID—some of these people are nevertheless marked down as COVID-19 cases.

So these people are never told that they tested negative, I guess?   affraid

That puts them on a train to death. . . .

And of course, the patients’ deaths are marked down as “caused by the virus.”

Absolutely horrifying.  This sounds like Nazi Germany!!!    Evil or Very Mad

There you go. Better not be tested for COVID, else they might "treat" you to the grave Rolling Eyes Does that explain part of the death rates? You bet.

When you get these tests, you have no way of knowing if they're actually telling you the truth.  Wow, what are sick people supposed to do—especially if they're poor?  pale

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:40 pm

Speaking of the whole "black lives matter" narrative (don't know if we should create a separate thread for this or not), it's interesting that even some blacks can see through the hypocrisy of it all.  And the overall purpose of the movement is not to protect lives, but to overthrow the U.S. government.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/06/14/young-black-man-asks-why-does-a-black-mans-life-matter-only-when-a-white-man-takes-it/

Earlier this month, Fang interviewed a young African-American man, a supporter of Black Lives Matter, named Maximum Fr. “Max” told Fang that when he was younger, two of his cousins had been murdered by a black man in the East Oakland neighborhood where they’d all grown up. He said that his aunt had never gotten over their deaths.

Max tells Fang, “I always question, why does a black life matter only when a white man takes it?…Like, if a white man takes my life tonight, it’s going to be national news, but if a black man takes my life, it might not even be spoken of…It’s stuff just like that that I just want in the mix.”

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:44 pm

neptune wrote:don't know if we should create a separate thread for this or not

Probably. This thread has kind of become the universal thread. Man, I'd really like to move this forum elsewhere, since on this software I don't think I can even move posts.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 am

bighax wrote:This thread has kind of become the universal thread.

Yeah, I mean I was even thinking about posting a recipe here for Egg Drop Soup, but I suppose that deserves its own thread as well.  Wink

Man, I'd really like to move this forum elsewhere, since on this software I don't think I can even move posts.

Well, whatever you do, please don't move it to New York City.  If folks there ever caught wind of the Serena thread, then this forum would probably be burned down within a week.  Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 8 Laugh1

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:00 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/15/two-metre-rule-has-no-basis-say-oxford-university-experts/

The two-metre rule has no basis in science, leading scientists have said as the Government comes under increasing pressure to drop the measure.

On Monday, the Isle of Man became the first area of Britain to relax the two-metre rule, saying businesses will no longer be required to implement social distancing and employees can return to work as usual.

No basis in science! Yet the whole world followed 2 meter social distancing for months - for no reason! And it's getting lifted - just like that! If this world was sane, the clowns responsible would suffer for this. But they'll keep earning lots of money in their cushy government jobs instead.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 pm

bighax wrote:
No basis in science! Yet the whole world followed 2 meter social distancing for months - for no reason!

Oh, there was a reason . . . just not a scientific one. Smile Is this really a surprise, though? Science never matters when there's agenda. For instance, we've been told for decades that saturated fat is bad, when the evidence never existed. And if biology doesn't determine gender, then what does? Feelings? confused So, if I feel like a giraffe, that means I am one? 🦒

If this world was sane, the clowns responsible would suffer for this.

Well, they'll get their comeuppance eventually.

But they'll keep earning lots of money in their cushy government jobs instead.

In the short term, yes, many of them will.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Why don't they just allow fans at sporting events now?  

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 8 Fk200616

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Get this—Dr. Fauci actually admits that he lied about the effectiveness of masks.   Shocked   He's told so many lies that they're hard to keep track of.  But the ironic thing is that he's so stupid that his lie ended up being closer to the truth, since masks aren't effective anyway.  Razz

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/anthony-fauci-lied-about-masks-now-he-complains-that-people-distrust-authority

Dr. Anthony Fauci lied when he downplayed and even discouraged the use of masks in protecting against the coronavirus. Now, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases has the gall to complain about the glut of “anti-science” people who “don't believe authority.” . . .

Again, it cannot be stressed enough that Fauci knowingly lied about masks and recently admitted it. And even if he were not speaking specifically of the coronavirus, he is the last healthcare expert who should be complaining about a widespread lack of trust in authority. . . .

"[W]e were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply," he told the Wall Street Journal of his supposedly noble lie.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:52 pm

neptune wrote:Get this—Dr. Fauci actually admits that he lied about the effectiveness of masks.   Shocked   He's told so many lies that they're hard to keep track of.  But the ironic thing is that he's so stupid that his lie ended up being closer to the truth, since masks aren't effective anyway.  Razz

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/anthony-fauci-lied-about-masks-now-he-complains-that-people-distrust-authority

Dr. Anthony Fauci lied when he downplayed and even discouraged the use of masks in protecting against the coronavirus. Now, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases has the gall to complain about the glut of “anti-science” people who “don't believe authority.” . . .

Again, it cannot be stressed enough that Fauci knowingly lied about masks and recently admitted it. And even if he were not speaking specifically of the coronavirus, he is the last healthcare expert who should be complaining about a widespread lack of trust in authority. . . .

"[W]e were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply," he told the Wall Street Journal of his supposedly noble lie.

Oh, I remember that. Some people were outraged that "masks are being wasted" on regular people when the hospital workers need them. Then, the "we need more ventilators!" thing which was actually killing people: https://muchadoaboutcorona.ca/nyc-deaths/.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 am

So Coric and Dimitrov tested positive for COVID. Of course MTF ran with it, claiming it's the Adria tour that did it even though Dimitrov was tested before Adria while Coric has no symptoms (false positive? or the virus is simply harmless).

We still need the evidence on how the virus spreads (if it actually does?). Why are the authorities not eager to find it? (rhetorical question). Maybe it's actually IMPOSSIBLE to get infected by hugging someone? That needs testing to prove. I suspect that AT MOST you will find that you can infect someone by spitting onto them - nothing else. But even that I wouldn't be so sure of (see: Spanish Flu, where they tried that exact experiment, and couldn't prove contagion). The virus would need to get into the blood somehow, and that needs entrance to the body - maybe the mouth or a wound in the skin. I don't think hugging would do it.

Edit - hahaha: https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/borna-coric-tested-positive-for-covid-19.989220/#post-41502661.

MWW wrote:Likely Dimitrov gave it to him. Poor guy.

I'm guessing you have some evidence? Or do you just believe it because it fits the global narrative? More gems: https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/borna-coric-tested-positive-for-covid-19.989220/#post-41502727

cpbdea wrote:No matter what some people say, that these countries have few covid cases, one person can spread the disease to countless others and that happening in a larger scale, like in these events, maybe then these countries will go through a large wave of infections.

Again, I'm assuming you have an idea on how COVID spreads? Show us then. Also, Belarus destroys this theory - they've been holding mass events for a long time without a wave of infections.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:20 pm

bighax wrote:Oh, I remember that. Some people were outraged that "masks are being wasted" on regular people when the hospital workers need them. Then, the "we need more ventilators!" thing which was actually killing people: https://muchadoaboutcorona.ca/nyc-deaths/.

It's all misinformation and lunacy.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:30 pm

When I first glanced at your post, I saw the name "MWW" and thought, "Oh, no!!  Goofballs from MTF are invading this forum!!!"  Wink

bighax wrote:
We still need the evidence on how the virus spreads (if it actually does?). Why are the authorities not eager to find it? (rhetorical question).

They think they already know it all.   Rolling Eyes

The virus would need to get into the blood somehow, and that needs entrance to the body - maybe the mouth or a wound in the skin. I don't think hugging would do it.

This all goes back to "terrain theory."  If someone is healthy, what you're saying is probably true.  However, I believe that a vulnerable individual, with a weak immune system, might catch the virus (or any virus) much more easily.  

I'm guessing you have some evidence? Or do you just believe it because it fits the global narrative?

I think they just assume that every thought that pops into their head is correct.   Laughing   And here's something to think about—could the "positive" test from Dimitrov be "controlled opposition"?  In other words, let's bust up the Adria Tour, because Djokovic is against mandatory vaccines!  (I'm not saying that's definitely the case—just asking the question.)

Again, I'm assuming you have an idea on how COVID spreads? Show us then.

Also, are people like him criticizing all the protesters?   cyclops

Also, Belarus destroys this theory - they've been holding mass events for a long time without a wave of infections.

I'm glad we have them as evidence.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggestThiemTardEver Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:34 am

BiggestThiemTardEver wrote:
bighax wrote:Besides, the COVID stuff kind of lost my respect for the community.
I think the non-tennis threads were a bit misleading there. Just started visiting the tennis section again after quite some time off and think most people that don't give a fuck about the virus just didn't bother going through the threads about it.
lol, I should be perma-banned for that post here, that place has gone totally insane now. Laughing

BiggestThiemTardEver

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:02 pm

BiggestThiemTardEver wrote:
lol, I should be perma-banned for that post here, that place has gone totally insane now. Laughing  

Well, I hear that bighax is a very lenient moderator.  Wink

This is interesting—on another tennis site (not MTF), I said that "social distancing" isn't scientific, citing bighax's article debunking the "two-meter rule."  Another guy, who's usually pretty intelligent, asked, "How is it unscientific?"  I quoted parts of that article to him (which I guess he didn't bother to read).  He also said the virus is highly contagious.  I replied that this idea is very debatable, and pointed him to a Web site where some physicians have stated the opposite.  I also mentioned that, just 2 weeks ago, WHO said that transmission of Covid-19 from asymptomatic carriers is rare.  

He responded with an anecdote:  "Just an example.  Hospitals never got overwhelmed because of a flu in Lombardia [in Italy] like this, never so many dead people because of a flu. . . ."  He wanted science, and I gave him some science, but he just responded with emotionalism.  Wink  Is there some truth to what he's saying?  Yes—we don't understand everything.  But there seems to be no real scientific evidence that, other than avoiding physical contact, "social distancing" is effective at all in preventing the spread of the virus.  His anecdotal answer also doesn't prove that the virus is "highly contagious."  The only thing it demonstrates is that, if these people really had the virus, then it's often more severe in vulnerable individuals than the regular flu.  But we don't know if Covid-19 was actually responsible for their symptoms.  Anyway, his response is a classic example of confirmation bias.  Apparently, he wants to believe in social distancing, so he's going to continue doing so.  He doesn't seem to be interested in the "science."   So, I simply stopped the conversation by not replying further—providing more "evidence" to him would just be a waste of time.   clown   It's sad, because in other ways, he seems pretty intelligent. Now, it's true that about 50% of scientific papers may be inaccurate.  But this dude didn't even try to address the science—he was just emotionally tied to his position.  

Of course, we all have some confirmation bias about various things.  But when it's strong enough, a person cannot be reasoned with.  

Here's an article about how WHO flip-flopped just a couple of weeks ago:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/06/23/who-says-covid-19-asymptomatic-transmission-is-rare.aspx

It seems they actually told the truth about asymptomatic transmission being rare, but then realized that information might sabotage a potential vaccine, so they "corrected" themselves.   Rolling Eyes   From what I've seen, WHO is one of the most corrupt organizations out there.  I can provide some articles with more evidence if anybody wants it.  

Well, Djokovic and his wife have now tested "positive" for the virus!!   Shocked  Isn't that interesting?  Some people think it may be a hoax to let him off the hook for the Adria Tour.  In other words, now he'll get some sympathy, so he gets to save face.  Could that be true?  It's certainly possible.  Either way, at least he probably won't get lynched now.  And now he doesn't ever have to take a vaccine!!!  If he thought up this "solution" himself, he's a genius.  Cool

In other news, the rumor is that MTF is thinking about changing its name.  The current candidates are:

1) Ship of Fools
2) Crazyville

Well, I honestly can't decide which one I like better!!  Laughing

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Oh wow, Djokovic is being burned at stake. Lots of randoms on his twitter calling him dick, idiot, moron - even wishing harm onto his family. My first question is, of course - who performed the tests? Just sounds like too much of a setup.

About the contagion of COVID, I can't quite crack it. There's studies showing all kinds of figures. This one shows 0%: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32513410/. But it used "medical isolation" for the sick patients - though it still says there was 4 days of close contact between the sick and not sick?

The median contact time for patients was four days and that for family members was five days.

Yet another one with zero: https://web.archive.org/web/20200517144429/https://www.cmaj.ca/content/lack-covid-19-transmission-international-flight. Only one guy was sick and the others didn't catch it from him during a 15-hour long flight.

Here's one with 1 to 5%: https://www.mdedge.com/infectiousdisease/article/218769/coronavirus-updates/covid-19-update-transmission-5-or-less-among. This is actually not a study but a report of a Chinese epidemiologist. It comes from some kind of online conference that happened on March 6.

I also like this one: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2765641. 0.7% contagion rate in close contacts. I think this one is my favorite - it's quite detailed. However it seems they only took you for a test if you've had symptoms. So the real figure could be somewhat higher, but shouldn't exceed 3% or so (knowing that about 50-80% of coronavirus cases are asymptomatic). Correction: they DID TEST some asymptomatic cases: "For high-risk populations, including household and hospital contacts, RT-PCR was performed regardless of symptoms.". And still, if you don't have symptoms - is it really a problem that you have "COVID-19"? For some reason the authors also say COVID has a "high attack rate" Very Happy when their own study disproves it.

Here's a study showing higher rates (in households ONLY though): https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa450/5821281. There's a huge problem with it:

The quarantined contacts who had symptoms were inspected at least 4 times by SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR until their tests were positive.

So just test them until you get the results you want? The previous study didn't do tricks like that - maybe that's why it didn't suddenly end up with 16% contagion....

Now the one with 60%: https://www.dailypioneer.com/2020/india/covid-19-has-higher-transmission-rate-among-close-contacts.html. Very low sample size, I think with all the others showing low contagion, we shouldn't put too much weight onto this one.

This all still depends on the test being used. And we're not 100% sure if the infection came from those close contacts anyway (maybe the cases got it a few days earlier from some other source?). I'm still partial to Kaufman's exosome theory. But it might not explain everything if people still get symptoms after being infected from the close contacts. Still, according to most studies (the best ones anyway) COVID contagion rate appears very low.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am

bighax wrote:Lots of randoms on his twitter calling him dick, idiot, moron - even wishing harm onto his family.

Some of these people are mentally ill.    albino   This is called "scapegoat culture."  Many people are angry and resentful, and just looking for scapegoats.  It appears that Djokovic is quickly becoming one, just as whites and national symbols have become one for the anarchists and black supremacists.

This really makes a great case for avoiding social media entirely, which is merely a haven for trolls and bullies.   Razz

My first question is, of course - who performed the tests? Just sounds like too much of a setup.

As mentioned on MTF, according to an anonymous source, there's a whole lot more to this story, even involving non-tennis figures.  Apparently it's supposed to be a real bombshell.   Basketball

Here's one with 1 to 5%:

Thanks for citing all these studies.  Just curious—for comparison, what's the typical contagion rate of the flu?

However it seems they only took you for a test if you've had symptoms. So the real figure could be somewhat higher

Actually, it should be lower, since on June 8, WHO stated that transmission from asymptomatic individuals is "rare."

And still, if you don't have symptoms - is it really a problem that you have "COVID-19"?

It seems not.

For some reason the authors also say COVID has a "high attack rate"

What is a "high attack rate"?  

Very Happy when their own study disproves it.

Maybe they forget to read their own paper.  Wink  By the way, is "contagion rate" the same thing as R0?

So just test them until you get the results you want?

Some quality science right there.   clown

I think with all the others showing low contagion, we shouldn't put too much weight onto this one.

I certainly wouldn't.

This all still depends on the test being used. And we're not 100% sure if the infection came from those close contacts anyway (maybe the cases got it a few days earlier from some other source?).

Don't the papers even address these issues?   confused

Still, according to most studies (the best ones anyway) COVID contagion rate appears very low.

That's why I was so frustrated by that one guy on another tennis site proclaiming that the virus is "highly contagious."  He was just going by anecdotal evidence in Italy, assuming that this kind of argument is "scientific."  I suspect the contagion rate is pretty low too.  And at the very least, since there are so many unknowns, making any dogmatic assertions about the contagion rate is plain foolhardy.  bounce

P.S.  I wouldn't perma-ban BiggestThiemTardEver.  Just put him in quarantine for a couple of weeks with some good tennis magazines.  Wink

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 pm

neptune wrote:As mentioned on MTF, according to an anonymous source, there's a whole lot more to this story, even involving non-tennis figures.  Apparently it's supposed to be a real bombshell.   Basketball

Got a link perhaps?

Thanks for citing all these studies.  Just curious—for comparison, what's the typical contagion rate of the flu?

I don't know - not sure if studies like that are done. But e.g the 2017-2018 USA flu season peaked at 7.5% population infected (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2017-2018.htm). This is stil much more than COVID AFAIK. But the stats for flu I don't think are collected with the same kind of rigor, because it's not considered as dangerous as nCov. And remember that it's "influenza-LIKE ilness", so really could be many things again - including what is now termed COVID.

Maybe they forget to read their own paper.  Wink  By the way, is "contagion rate" the same thing as R0?

I think you can calculate R0. If there were 100 COVID cases (as in this study: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2765641) and the number of infected close contacts was 22, then that's one per five, or an R0 of 0.2.

P.S.  I wouldn't perma-ban BiggestThiemTardEver.  Just put him in quarantine for a couple of weeks with some good tennis magazines.  Wink

I'll give him a few Thiem matches so he doesn't die of boredom (that would be a COVID death too Twisted Evil)

How do we explain the Diamond Princess cruise infection rate? 19% of the passengers got COVID (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/articles/diamond-princess-from-dream-voyage-to-quarantine-story/). Is it just the confined space? Or maybe the wind? They were even locked up in their cabins early on, but the crew still kept walking around. Was it something else (maybe bad Chinese air?) that actually generated COVID-like exosomes? Or maybe it's just a bad test, since this was pretty early on and the accuracy of the first test was 20%...

In hospital, British honeymooner Alan Steele says his first test for coronavirus was actually positive and he misunderstood because of the language barrier. A second test proved negative and a third has now been taken.

As we can see, there's the confusing test results again.

So a close family member knew an 80 something year old guy who recently died from old age (in the UK). They've written him down as a COVID death, of course. No tests or anything either. That's how "reliable" the death statistics are for anyone who wants to use them...

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 am

bighax wrote:Got a link perhaps?

Here you go:

https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/did-djokovic-actually-pulled-off-a-strategic-move.989259/#post-41504017

And remember that it's "influenza-LIKE ilness", so really could be many things again - including what is now termed COVID.

There's such a lack of standardization in the medical data that it seems difficult to reach any definitive conclusions.   Neutral

I think you can calculate R0. If there were 100 COVID cases (as in this study: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2765641) and the number of infected close contacts was 22, then that's one per five, or an R0 of 0.2.

Oh, that's pretty low.  The flu supposedly has an R0 of about 1.3.  

I'll give him a few Thiem matches so he doesn't die of boredom (that would be a COVID death too Twisted Evil)

Yeah, it seems that a "Covid-19 death" has become anything you want it to be.  Wink

How do we explain the Diamond Princess cruise infection rate? 19% of the passengers got COVID (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/articles/diamond-princess-from-dream-voyage-to-quarantine-story/). Is it just the confined space? Or maybe the wind? They were even locked up in their cabins early on, but the crew still kept walking around. Was it something else (maybe bad Chinese air?) that actually generated COVID-like exosomes? Or maybe it's just a bad test, since this was pretty early on and the accuracy of the first test was 20%...

Who knows???  But now they'll probably say that Typhoid Novak was aboard the ship.   Laughing   Speaking of which, apparently Pella is now roasting him for "endangering people's lives."   clown

In hospital

That's odd.  In American English, we would never say "in hospital," a phrase used several times in that article.  Instead, we would say "in the hospital."    confused

British honeymooner Alan Steele says his first test for coronavirus was actually positive and he misunderstood because of the language barrier. A second test proved negative and a third has now been taken.

So what was the final verdict?

As we can see, there's the confusing test results again.

Confusion reigns.   cyclops

That's how "reliable" the death statistics are for anyone who wants to use them...

Yeah, pretty much meaningless. It's obvious that there are no "experts" on Covid-19.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:31 am

A lot of coverage has been given to the lung diseases allegedly caused by COVID. But it turns out air pollution greatly increases the incidence of those: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29371377/. Is it a coincidence that  "COVID-19" was prevalent in the polluted Italian areas as well as China? Could the Diamond Princess cases be simply explained by a bad test plus picking up polluted air? How about Brazil, which has a 45% rate of COVID infection per tested person? I suspect some environmental contributors again. This comes back to the exosomes thing again. Maybe the people are just being poisoned by some other means and the body reacts by producing "COVID". I see that theory has now fallen off the radar but I think it still has value. Of course the answer likely lies in a combination of theories. There might be "COVID the exosome" which is harmless or beneficial and which would give you a low or nonexistent contagion rate and death rate. In addition to the true "COVID virus" (or a variant of it) which can actually infect you. But this needs actual quality studies to differentiate, which no one wants to do.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum