Coronavirus is a fraud

3 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 Empty Re: Coronavirus is a fraud

Post by neptune Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:59 am

We have to stand against mandatory vaccine laws NOW. Evil or Very Mad

https://www.wnd.com/2020/06/forced-vaccinations-will-control-life-warns-religious-liberty-group/

Planned programs for mass vaccinations to combat the coronavirus pandemic may appear to be voluntary, but they will determine where people are allowed to travel and shop and even whether or not they can leave their homes, warns the religious-liberty legal group Liberty Counsel. . . .

Americans likely would object to forced vaccinations, but a "voluntary" program could have the same effect, Liberty Counsel says. . . .

But Liberty Counsel says there's still time for people to express their opposition.

"Freedom loving citizens must now rise up with one voice to... tell Congress NOT to pass compulsory vaccine laws," the group says. "The American people are not mere cattle to be bagged, tagged and tracked. We are a free people who intend to keep ALL our liberties, including the liberty to decide what we want –or don't want -- injected into our bodies."

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Here's a great term for the behavior we're seeing from so many political leaders today:  idiocracy.    clown    And this comic strip helps illustrate our descent into that.  Well, at least a lot of people are waking up.  

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 Fk200606

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:33 pm

I agree Wikipedia is a bad source. I found this: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa which appears to show the official government figures? But I don't know Swedish, so whatever. As expected, it's yet another Italy situation, where it's pretty much just 70+ year old people dying. And we don't know about their "co-morbidities" but I suspect it's an Italy situation there too. Of course, my main point was the fact that Belarus - with similarly lax measures - has very little COVID problem. I don't even think it can be argued with.

neptune wrote:This article is just too good.  It shows that everything about the lockdowns was never really based on science—only political expediency.  I recommend reading the whole thing.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/06/05/liberal-reporter-rips-into-the-health-experts-who-now-say-its-fine-to-go-out-and-protest-amid-covid-outbreak-n2570127

It is time to reopen. And now, the liberal media and the health experts agree, but only because riots have sparked across the country that could be weaponized to make the Trump administration look bad. . . .

Oh right, the lockdowns, yes—they’re over. Given how the medical community now says that racism is just as much a pandemic as COVID, the expert class has been exposed as true pod people. We’ve gone from stay home and be a hero and help medical staff to get out there and protest or you’re supporting white supremacy. That’s quite the 180-degree turn. Academia is infested with liberal bias, but as the woke legions graduate and continue to spread their cancer into other institutions, this is what you get. Pseudo-scientific nonsense and decisions based on bashing Trump. . . .

1,200 of the country's most renowned public health "experts" have signed a letter calling outdoor mass gatherings "vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people." We are in the midst of a mass psychotic break.  

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 OIP.EN2VI14JRsfRVybB1q3VaAAAAA?w=72&h=72&c=7&o=5&pid=1

Oh wow. Absolute mockery. A few weeks ago you were a killer if you left your house. Now you're supposed to go to the protests regardless of the danger of COVID infection - else you're a dirty racist. Hard proof the fearmongers never cared about the people's health.

Incidentally, if there are no new Covid-19 "outbreaks" after all the looting and protests in big cities like Los Angeles, I wonder how the governors are going to justify continuing their lockdowns.

It just occured to me that they're between a rock and a hard place. New outbreaks would mean they've killed people on purpose. No outbreaks would mean the panic was based on nothing much. Not that they care, noone's even going to notice - much less stand up.

Just curious—are you still posting these days at MTF?

Not in a very long time. Tennis isn't being played and I don't care about GOAT debate #9573. Besides, the COVID stuff kind of lost my respect for the community.

bighax
Admin

https://tennisdoping.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggestThiemTardEver Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:02 pm

Here in Germany the end of the pandemic is now set, government says "The pandemic is over when there is a vaccine", reagardless of anything else.
I just hope there will be enough volunteers, because then the chances are better that the vaccine won't be mandatory, which it probably will regardless (probably through the backdoor of restrictions).

Interestingly vaccines are also being tested on younger kids even though they don't even get sick from COVID, shows you nobody is even trying to hide that it's the money they are after and not anybodies health (not that there was ever any doubt about that).

Kind of ironic is that one inflammatory syndrome that may (but very rarely) seems to affect children after a COVID-infection, because it looks a hell like a misdirected but unspecific immune response, which is pretty much exactly what a vaccine causes and its symptoms are exactly how potential side effects of vaccines look like.

BiggestThiemTardEver

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggestThiemTardEver Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm

As for Swedens numbers, basically all of them that are including their number of infections are absolutely flawed (and by that I actually mean more flawed then everywhere else). I know they recommend self-isolation in case someone shows symptoms and staying at home instead of letting people run around for tests, so I assume they only use it when it is actually relevant for treatment. And the counting of the deaths is also very loose, everyone that had COVID and dies in the following 30 days is counted as a COVID-death IIRC. These over 10 % case fatality rate cannot be taken serious and are mostly a propaganda number in favour of lockdowns.

From what I've heard around 50 % of their deaths occured in carehomes and another 25 % were people in domestic care. I still don't believe there will be a significant increase in excess mortality at the end of the year, since many of the COVID-deaths would have probably died anyway over the course of the year, possibly with other infections. Given that everyone reports the Swedish death-count as shockingly high, this would be quite ridiculous, but no surprise sinnce I don't think anybody ever bothered to put the number of deaths into perspective.
I follow their numbers quite closely actually, they are dropping quite significantly, I assume there will be a stagnation around 6000 offical "COVID-deaths".

Belarus is hilarious, I really hope their numbers turn out to be correct, that would be a slap in the face for everone having promoted strict measures. Laughing

BiggestThiemTardEver

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:20 am

bighax wrote: Of course, my main point was the fact that Belarus - with similarly lax measures - has very little COVID problem. I don't even think it can be argued with.

Well, mentally ill people can argue with anything.  Wink

Oh wow. Absolute mockery.

The premise of this thread—coronavirus is a fraud—was correct!

A few weeks ago you were a killer if you left your house. Now you're supposed to go to the protests regardless of the danger of COVID infection - else you're a dirty racist. Hard proof the fearmongers never cared about the people's health.

It was all a stunt.  And speaking of George Floyd, did you know that in 2007, he broke into a house and pointed a gun at a pregnant woman's belly?  Does that sound like a hero to you??    pig

Not that they care, noone's even going to notice - much less stand up.

I think many are taking notice silently.  

Besides, the COVID stuff kind of lost my respect for the community.

It's all about expectations.  As long as you don't expect too much intelligence from MTF, you probably won't be disappointed.  Laughing

Tennis isn't being played and I don't care about GOAT debate #9573.

Well, the GOAT debate seems even more trivial when you see that the Big 3 all pander to the cult of political correctness.  For instance, all three of them recently posted a "black square" on Instagram in honor of the terrorist group Black Lives Matter.  Razz

Basically, to be a star athlete (or a famous entertainer, etc.), it seems you have to sell your soul if you want to keep your status.  (And that's not even mentioning possible doping.)  Otherwise, if you take a principled stand, you'll become an object of scorn, and 99+% of them don't have the backbone for that.  That's why it's better not to be famous.  In fact, far better to be a regular person with integrity and principles than a famous person who stands for nothing but how much $$$$ they have in their bank account.  

So, you're a world-class athlete, but are craven and morally bankrupt???

As Shania Twain once put it:

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 OIP.vRCvmMniwpT8oBEanLEWYgHaEK?w=278&h=160&c=7&o=5&pid=1

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 Blah1

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:30 am

BiggestThiemTardEver wrote:Here in Germany the end of the pandemic is now set, government says "The pandemic is over when there is a vaccine", reagardless of anything else.  

Idiocracy.

nobody is even trying to hide that it's the money they are after and not anybodies health (not that there was ever any doubt about that).

Yet some people on MTF still won't get it. Wink

Kind of ironic is that one inflammatory syndrome that may (but very rarely) seems to affect children after a COVID-infection, because it looks a hell like a misdirected but unspecific immune response, which is pretty much exactly what a vaccine causes and its symptoms are exactly how potential side effects of vaccines look like.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:36 am

BiggestThiemTardEver wrote: These over 10 % case fatality rate cannot be taken serious and are mostly a propaganda number in favour of lockdowns.

Yep.  

Belarus is hilarious, I really hope their numbers turn out to be correct, that would be a slap in the face for everone having promoted strict measures. Laughing

Well, don't expect the real numbers  to ever be reported by the mainstream media.  Wink

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:47 am

Some comments I saw on the Web recently:

Going to the beach or lake on Memorial weekend = OH NO YOU'RE KILLING GRANDMA!!

Protesting, rioting, looting = PEACEFUL FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY!!

America, Version 20.20:

You can burn a restaurant, but not eat in that same place.

You can destroy a barbershop, but not get a haircut in it.

You can pack a church for a criminal's funeral . . . but not hold a regular service.

You can riot in the streets, but not leave to go to work.

You get locked in your home, while criminals get released.

Well, the good thing about all this is that I think millions of people are getting angry and fed up.  Evil may seem to be triumphing for the moment, but ultimately it will not win.  ⚔

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggestThiemTardEver Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:00 pm

neptune wrote:
BiggestThiemTardEver wrote:Kind of ironic is that one inflammatory syndrome that may (but very rarely) seems to affect children after a COVID-infection, because it looks a hell like a misdirected but unspecific immune response, which is pretty much exactly what a vaccine causes and its symptoms are exactly how potential side effects of vaccines look like.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here.  
Yeah, didn't really like my own wording there either, haha. There is this inflammtory syndrom in kids that rarely occurs after a COVID infection (or at least it is assumed that it is linked to COVID).
https://www.gponline.com/inflammatory-syndrome-new-condition-likely-linked-sars-cov-2-researchers-confirm/article/1685627

I am pretty sure that this is a result of a faulty immune response and not linked to the serverety of COVID itself. While this very likely wouldn't have occured without an infection with COVID, these types of symptoms probably could have also been the result of something else that causes an immune response. And one thing that causes immune responses are vaccines, so it appears quite off to me to vaccinate somebody (particularly with a non-properly tested vaccine to say the least) because you are afraid of an unspecific immune system overreaction.[/quote]

Last edited by BiggestThiemTardEver on Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

BiggestThiemTardEver

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggestThiemTardEver Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:17 pm

Here in my region another CODIV-related death has been recorded lately. The fatality rate went up from 3.9 % to 4.7 % because a person that had laid in the hospitals for quite some time and died was tested positive for COVID weeks after. Rolling Eyes
I just calculated these numbers to show the "dangerously looking difference" resulting from a pretty much accidental test.

Also realized how high the actual case fatality rate can be despite only people dying that probably wouldn't have survived so called lesser diseases either. Just shows one how pointless these numbers actually are to describe the actual severety of COVID.

BiggestThiemTardEver

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:55 pm

I was looking at the Instagram pages of some of the top players.  Sadly, almost all of them have succumbed to "blackout Tuesday," except:

• Berrettini
  • Bautista Agut
  • All of the Russians (Medvedev, Rublev, and Khachanov)
  • Isner
  • Paire
  • Lajovic
  • Carreno Busta
  • de Minaur
  • Basilashvili

Interesting how none of the top Russians have fallen for this PC nonsense.  It's also interesting that Isner is publicly following the U.S. President on Instagram, so he's obviously got some guts.  Smile

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:07 pm

BiggestThiemTardEver wrote:
I am pretty sure that this is a result of a faulty immune response and not linked to the serverety of COVID itself. While this very likely wouldn't have occured without an infection with COVID, these types of symptoms probably could have also been the result of something else that causes an immune response. And one thing that causes immune responses are vaccines, so it appears quite off to me to vaccinate somebody (particularly with a non-properly tested vaccine to say the least) because you are afraid of an unspecific immune system overreaction.

OK, thanks for explaining.  More idiocracy, it seems.   Laughing

Just shows one how pointless these numbers actually are to describe the actual severety of COVID.

And that's why the media love such numbers.  Wink

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 am

Wow, John Isner has a backbone!   cheers

https://www.essentiallysports.com/arrest-them-all-john-isner-speaks-out-against-protests-in-the-usa-atp-tennis-news/

There is widespread looting going on in various parts of the country and hundreds of properties were damaged over the weekend. Consequently, Isner called for the arrest of all who are violently protesting and vandalizing property. . . .

“Really something to cheer about. Arrest them all,” Isner wrote on Twitter. . . .

St Johns church is a 205 years old historic landmark and place of healing. This is absolutely pathetic. Arrest these anarchist losers. . . .

Terrorists . . . .

But this anarchy has to be stopped. Detracts so much from the peacefully assembled protestors

Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to the brand new "law and order" tennis GOAT. sunny

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:57 pm

neptune wrote:
America, Version 20.20:

You can burn a restaurant, but not eat in that same place.

You can destroy a barbershop, but not get a haircut in it.

You can pack a church for a criminal's funeral . . . but not hold a regular service.

You can riot in the streets, but not leave to go to work.

You get locked in your home, while criminals get released.

Laughing Funnily enough, in Poland they kept the alcohol shops open for the whole duration of COVID. Yet almost everything else was closed Rolling Eyes

About vaccines, Bill Gates claims that a RNA / DNA vaccine is the most promising one: https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/What-you-need-to-know-about-the-COVID-19-vaccine.

Inactivated and live vaccines are what we consider “traditional” approaches. There are a number of COVID-19 vaccine candidates of both types, and for good reason: they’re well-established. We know how to test and manufacture them.

The downside is that they’re time-consuming to make. There’s a ton of material in each dose of a vaccine. Most of that material is biological, which means you have to grow it. That takes time, unfortunately.

That’s why I’m particularly excited by two new approaches that some of the candidates are taking: RNA and DNA vaccines.

This will be the first time that kind of vaccine is used (if it happens):

Since COVID would be the first RNA vaccine out of the gate, we have to prove both that the platform itself works and that it creates immunity.

He also wants to inject it to the whole world!

We need to manufacture and distribute at least 7 billion doses of the vaccine.

In order to stop the pandemic, we need to make the vaccine available to almost every person on the planet. We’ve never delivered something to every corner of the world before

Hope you enjoy having your DNA modified by the brave hero Bill Gates Twisted Evil

neptune wrote:
Well, the GOAT debate seems even more trivial when you see that the Big 3 all pander to the cult of political correctness. For instance, all three of them recently posted a "black square" on Instagram in honor of the terrorist group Black Lives Matter. Razz

Basically, to be a star athlete (or a famous entertainer, etc.), it seems you have to sell your soul if you want to keep your status. (And that's not even mentioning possible doping.) Otherwise, if you take a principled stand, you'll become an object of scorn, and 99+% of them don't have the backbone for that. That's why it's better not to be famous. In fact, far better to be a regular person with integrity and principles than a famous person who stands for nothing but how much $$$$ they have in their bank account.

So, you're a world-class athlete, but are craven and morally bankrupt???

As Shania Twain once put it:

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 OIP.vRCvmMniwpT8oBEanLEWYgHaEK?w=278&h=160&c=7&o=5&pid=1

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 Blah1

I was actually thinking about this. Recall how Djokovic recently got attacked just for raising some doubts about the upcoming COVID vaccine. The hyenas will devour you the more you go against the orthodoxy. Those who keep saying whatever they want just get an avalanche of fines (see Kyrgios). So, it's easier to just go along. But then, it's an effective tape over your mouth.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:05 am

Was just talking with a person who said that despite there being no evidence for the masks' effectiveneess (when they started being enforced) it was still OK to punish people for not wearing them with fines or jail. I'll just leave this without comment aside from Rolling Eyes

Also found this interesting study (that was of course retracted, wonder why?): https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342.   They actually bothered to test whether masks work for blocking virus transmission, and the answer seems to be NO. Over half of the virus gets through when you cough WITH a mask compared to WITHOUT. I mean, it's simple and beautiful - exactly as science should be. It seems any paper that actually provides some real answers is swiftly taken down...

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 M201342tt1

Last edited by bighax on Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong word order)

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggestThiemTardEver Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:31 am

Here in Germany a study showed a significant reduction in cases in one city something like 2 days after masks became mandatory. The producers were probably like: "Ah shit, we forgot the incubation time when making our shit up, but fuck it, people will buy it anyway."

BiggestThiemTardEver

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggestThiemTardEver Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:37 am

bighax wrote:Besides, the COVID stuff kind of lost my respect for the community.
I think the non-tennis threads were a bit misleading there. Just started visiting the tennis section again after quite some time off and think most people that don't give a fuck about the virus just didn't bother going through the threads about it.

BiggestThiemTardEver

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:20 pm

bighax wrote:Funnily enough, in Poland they kept the alcohol shops open for the whole duration of COVID. Yet almost everything else was closed Rolling Eyes

Well, in the U.S., they also kept marijuana shops open.  Razz   It's always about money.

That’s why I’m particularly excited by two new approaches that some of the candidates are taking: RNA and DNA vaccines.

What does Bill Gates know about any of this stuff??  Probably nothing.  Incidentally, I came upon this list of supposed Scholastic Aptitude Scores of celebrities:

https://blog.prepscholar.com/celebrity-sat-scores-kesha-bill-gates-and-more

And guess what?  I don't believe this list for a minute.  Where's the proof for any of these people?  The year I graduated from high school, in the entire U.S., only 7 people got a perfect score (1600) on the SAT.  And we're supposed to believe that Bill Gates got a 1590???  For a little more detail, the test consisted of 145 questions back then in strict timed format.  You had to get all 145 questions right in order to get a 1600.  Also, I believe if you missed only one question, your score would've been a 1580 (not a 1590)—just one more reason to doubt this list.   Rolling Eyes

Anyway, we're supposed to believe that actors like Will Smith and Ben Affleck got close to a perfect score??   Very Happy   Well, if you believe that, I have a national park to sell you.  Wink

Since COVID would be the first RNA vaccine out of the gate, we have to prove both that the platform itself works and that it creates immunity.

Since it's all about money, why would he even care?  pirat

We need to manufacture and distribute at least 7 billion doses of the vaccine.
In order to stop the pandemic, we need to make the vaccine available to almost every person on the planet. We’ve never delivered something to every corner of the world before

Hope you enjoy having your DNA modified by the brave hero Bill Gates  Twisted Evil

The guy is a total nutjob—evil to the core.   tongue

I was actually thinking about this. Recall how Djokovic recently got attacked just for raising some doubts about the upcoming COVID vaccine. The hyenas will devour you the more you go against the orthodoxy.

Actually, the hyenas will devour you if you ever apologize or try to appease them.  Going along may seem like it's working in the short term, but in the end you pay a terrible price.  You can never appease bullies—give them an inch, and they'll take a mile.  As Winston Churchill once said:  "Appeasement is feeding the alligator and hoping he eats you last.”  Wink

Those who keep saying whatever they want just get an avalanche of fines (see Kyrgios).

But he's just saying stupid things—he's not really standing up for an important cause or anything.

So, it's easier to just go along. But then, it's an effective tape over your mouth.

You're ultimately putting yourself in a terrible prison—selling your soul for some short-term comfort.  That's not victory or success.  It just makes you a pathetic coward.  silent

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:35 pm

bighax wrote:Was just talking with a person who said that despite there being no evidence for the masks' effectiveneess (when they started being enforced) it was still OK to punish people for not wearing them with fines or jail. I'll just leave this without comment aside from Rolling Eyes

Also found this interesting study (that was of course retracted, wonder why?): https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342.   They actually bothered to test whether masks work for blocking virus transmission, and the answer seems to be NO. Over half of the virus gets through when you cough WITH a mask compared to WITHOUT. I mean, it's simple and beautiful - exactly as science should be. It seems any paper that actually provides some real answers is swiftly taken down...

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 M201342tt1

So I looked up the reason for the retraction and apparently the detection was not accurate enough:

We had not fully recognized the concept of limit of detection (LOD) of the in-house reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction used in the study (2.63 log copies/mL), and we regret our failure to express the values below LOD as “<LOD (value).

Fair enough. But then, why did the editors not let them update the results?

We proposed correcting the reported data with new experimental data from additional patients, but the editors requested retraction.

And so, since then we've been dealing with an enforced mask wearing by the WHO etc. based on pure imagination. This kind of study should have been done right in January or February - before any lockdowns. But it seems the authorities have had it all planned, and evidence was just a thorn on their side to be avoided.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 pm

bighax wrote:Was just talking with a person who said that despite there being no evidence for the masks' effectiveneess (when they started being enforced) it was still OK to punish people for not wearing them with fines or jail. I'll just leave this without comment aside from Rolling Eyes

Hope you don't have to interact with that person on a regular basis.  Thank goodness for social distancing.  Wink

It seems any paper that actually provides some real answers is swiftly taken down...

Right—it's all about politics, not science.  Apparently that paper was way too logical.  Good to know this about the masks, though.  But of course, masks generate revenue.   Twisted Evil

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:43 pm

BiggestThiemTardEver wrote:Here in Germany a study showed a significant reduction in cases in one city something like 2 days after masks became mandatory. The producers were probably like: "Ah shit, we forgot the incubation time when making our shit up, but fuck it, people will buy it anyway."

That was probably the depth of their reasoning.  And this shows how you can deceive with numbers:

Coronavirus is a fraud - Page 7 1838150

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:44 pm

neptune wrote:

What does Bill Gates know about any of this stuff??  Probably nothing.  Incidentally, I came upon this list of supposed Scholastic Aptitude Scores of celebrities:

https://blog.prepscholar.com/celebrity-sat-scores-kesha-bill-gates-and-more

And guess what?  I don't believe this list for a minute.  Where's the proof for any of these people?  The year I graduated from high school, in the entire U.S., only 7 people got a perfect score (1600) on the SAT.  And we're supposed to believe that Bill Gates got a 1590???  For a little more detail, the test consisted of 145 questions back then in strict timed format.  You had to get all 145 questions right in order to get a 1600.  Also, I believe if you missed only one question, your score would've been a 1580 (not a 1590)—just one more reason to doubt this list.   Rolling Eyes

Anyway, we're supposed to believe that actors like Will Smith and Ben Affleck got close to a perfect score??   Very Happy   Well, if you believe that, I have a national park to sell you.  Wink

Man, I don't even want to think about this celebrity stuff. I've heard rumors that for many of them, most of their life history is made up. E.g I've heard Zuckerberg wasn't even a good coder or tech guy at all - he is just the planted face for Facebook. Would take a lot of investigation to confirm or disconfirm it I guess. I can't spare that kind of effort.

Actually, the hyenas will devour you if you ever apologize or try to appease them.  Going along may seem like it's working in the short term, but in the end you pay a terrible price.  You can never appease bullies—give them an inch, and they'll take a mile.  As Winston Churchill once said:  "Appeasement is feeding the alligator and hoping he eats you last.”  Wink

I agree. Still, some people have even ended up in jail, being treated worse than rats, for some banal thing they've said on Twitter or FB.  However the rich sports people likely wouldn't get that kind of response, so they should do more. Still, they'd likely be censored on the big tech platforms, lose sponsors, etc. Not that the tennis tour doesn't pay the top players enough.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:45 pm

BiggestThiemTardEver wrote:
I think the non-tennis threads were a bit misleading there. Just started visiting the tennis section again after quite some time off and think most people that don't give a fuck about the virus just didn't bother going through the threads about it.

I guess those people were smart enough to avoid all the "fantasy" threads.  Very Happy

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:51 pm

bighax wrote:
So I looked up the reason for the retraction and apparently the detection was not accurate enough:

We had not fully recognized the concept of limit of detection (LOD) of the in-house reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction used in the study (2.63 log copies/mL), and we regret our failure to express the values below LOD as “<LOD (value).

Fair enough. But then, why did the editors not let them update the results?

That's the "official" explanation.  In reality, it probably had nothing to do with why the paper was actually pulled.

We proposed correcting the reported data with new experimental data from additional patients, but the editors requested retraction.

Translation:  The editors didn't like what they read, so they nit-picked until they found a "mistake."   pig

But it seems the authorities have had it all planned, and evidence was just a thorn on their side to be avoided.

Exactly—it's rude to confuse people with the facts when they've already made up their minds!   Suspect

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum