Current issues and events

2 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Current issues and events - Page 2 Empty Re: Current issues and events

Post by neptune Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Some good news for once—woo-hoo!!!   cheers

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/american-journal-of-cardiology-embraces-saturated-fat/

The independent, peer-reviewed Journal of the American College of Cardiology publishes a comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies in June 2020 that declares saturated fat is safe and that its consumption reduces stroke risk. . . .

In a nutshell, this meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies found no beneficial effects of reducing saturated fats on cardiovascular disease and total mortality.

Instead, the scientists found a protective effect of saturated fat consumption against stroke.

Why has the misguided, downright HARMFUL recommendation against saturated fats persisted for DECADES despite the mounting evidence to the contrary?

There are likely many reasons why…chief among them being, you guessed it, cha-ching for the edible oil companies who make billions every year making low quality, inferior replacements for butter, eggs, cream and other healthful, natural sources of saturated fats in the diet.

So, go spread some grass-fed butter all over your veggies or carbs, and have a nice big slice of full-fat, unpasteurized cheese!  Yum!!   sunny

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:38 pm

neptune wrote:
They really did that???   Shocked    
Maybe not those exact words, but there is accusations galore in the famous CPU thread. E.g https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19.984379/page-71#post-41484507 or https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19.984379/page-33#post-41479228. Probably in the Djoko thread as well.

bighax
Admin

https://tennisdoping.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:40 pm

neptune wrote:Some good news for once—woo-hoo!!!   cheers

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/american-journal-of-cardiology-embraces-saturated-fat/

The independent, peer-reviewed Journal of the American College of Cardiology publishes a comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies in June 2020 that declares saturated fat is safe and that its consumption reduces stroke risk. . . .

In a nutshell, this meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies found no beneficial effects of reducing saturated fats on cardiovascular disease and total mortality.

Instead, the scientists found a protective effect of saturated fat consumption against stroke.

Why has the misguided, downright HARMFUL recommendation against saturated fats persisted for DECADES despite the mounting evidence to the contrary?

There are likely many reasons why…chief among them being, you guessed it, cha-ching for the edible oil companies who make billions every year making low quality, inferior replacements for butter, eggs, cream and other healthful, natural sources of saturated fats in the diet.

So, go spread some grass-fed butter all over your veggies or carbs, and have a nice big slice of full-fat, unpasteurized cheese!  Yum!!   sunny

Yeah, but if the authorities don't pick this up, nothing will change. And they've already been spreading bad advice for decades that has harmed who knows how many people.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:05 pm

bighax wrote:
Maybe not those exact words, but there is accusations galore in the famous CPU thread. E.g https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19.984379/page-71#post-41484507 or https://www.menstennisforums.com/threads/coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19.984379/page-33#post-41479228. Probably in the Djoko thread as well.

I think some of those posters must be really bored. Laughing

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:11 pm

bighax wrote:Yeah, but if the authorities don't pick this up, nothing will change.

Not necessarily.  With people getting so much of their info from the Internet, this is just one more piece of evidence to convince those who are trying to learn.  Of course, most people who know the truth about saturated fat have already known it for years.  For instance, I stopped eating low-fat foods over 15 years ago.  I actually learned the truth from reading a book—which I found out about on the Web.  Wink

On the other hand, the authorities may pick this latest research up slowly.  In the late '90s, for example, trans fat was still seen as A-OK by most medical professionals.  But now it's condemned by just about everyone in medicine.  

And they've already been spreading bad advice for decades that has harmed who knows how many people.

Yes, probably hundreds of thousands of people (or even more) died early because of their garbage advice.  tongue

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:18 pm

neptune wrote:
Not necessarily.  With people getting so much of their info from the Internet, this is just one more piece of evidence to convince those who are trying to learn.  Of course, most people who know the truth about saturated fat have already known it for years.  For instance, I stopped eating low-fat foods over 15 years ago.  I actually learned the truth from reading a book—which I found out about on the Web.  Wink

On the other hand, the authorities may pick this latest research up slowly.  In the late '90s, for example, trans fat was still seen as A-OK by most medical professionals.  But now it's condemned by just about everyone in medicine.  

I think most people still get HEALTH advice from doctors, which still tell you to "limit saturated fat and cholesterol".

Are you aware of the book "The Cholesterol Myths"? Very good.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:30 pm

More race-baiting.  An NFL player who makes millions of dollars is playing the victim.  Current issues and events - Page 2 Dramaqueen1   Sorry, but nobody gets thrown out of a restaurant unless they're causing a lot of trouble.  Unfortunately, they suspended the restaurant manager instead!!!   Evil or Very Mad   On Yahoo! News, there were many comments underneath this story, and probably at least 85% of them didn't believe Leonard's account and expressed a lot of outrage.

Notice how the word "Black" appears by itself four different times in the article, and each time it's capitalized.  However, "white" appears twice, and isn't capitalized either time.  I tell you what—the "journalists" who write these stories are a bunch of bootlickers.  In fact, the proper term for them is "urinalists."   clown

Apparently whenever someone black makes any kind of accusation nowadays, it's automatically considered true.  Well, I'd like to see an actual restaurant video of what happened.  And notice that Leonard uses the word "basically" twice below, which means you know he's the one who's lying.  Wink

https://nypost.com/2020/06/26/colts-darius-leonard-says-racial-profiling-spurred-chipotle-incident/

Colts linebacker Darius Leonard said he and his family were kicked out of a Chipotle after being racially profiled on Thursday in Florence, South Carolina.

The CEO of Chipotle said an investigation is underway after Leonard detailed the incident in an Instagram video. The 24-year-old Leonard, who is Black, said he, three other Black men and a woman of mixed race were sitting at Chipotle eating their meals when the restaurant’s manager came up to them asking if they had a problem. Leonard said the manager claimed a white man had accused them of verbally abusing him.

“It was basically a lie,” Leonard said. “We basically got kicked out of Chipotle because of that. And they said they were going to call the police, or they wanted to call the police on us.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:48 pm

bighax wrote:I think most people still get HEALTH advice from doctors

Well, obviously they still get health advice from doctors, since that's what their job is supposed to be about, right?  Wink  But you mean nutritional advice specifically??  You're probably right.  And that shows what a joke the whole thing is, because most medical schools (in the U.S. at least) don't even teach nutrition.   Razz   Unfortunately, most people don't have a clue about that.

which still tell you to "limit saturated fat and cholesterol"

I think American doctors are dropping the part about "cholesterol," but yes, most of them still cling to the myth that saturated fat is bad.  

Are you aware of the book "The Cholesterol Myths"? Very good.

That title sounded familiar.  So, I went and looked at one of the books I started reading in 2004, and Ravnskov is mentioned on 9 different pages of the book.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 pm

By Jove, if you're a stargazer, this is your week!!!   Very Happy   Tonight's the night to catch an epic view of Jupiter (in North America at least), and later in the week a comet will be on the menu.  

https://www.accuweather.com/en/space-news/how-to-see-the-jupiter-opposition-on-monday-night/774774

Jupiter will be visible all night long, rising in the southeast around sunset and remaining above the horizon until sunrise when it sets in the southwest. The best time to look for the planet is between midnight and 2 a.m. (local time) when it is at its highest point in the sky, as long as Mother Nature cooperates.

Many people across the U.S. will have mainly clear conditions on Monday night for uninterrupted views of Jupiter. This includes cities such as Baltimore, Atlanta, New Orleans, Salt Lake City and San Francisco where the planet will easily be visible despite light pollution.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:16 pm

You said you love a good conspiracy story, so I thought you might find this manual about mind control by the Illuminati interesting.  Pretty scary stuff.    Shocked

https://loveforlife.com.au/files/total_mind_controlled.pdf

And Chapter 5 of this book exposes internationally known evangelist Billy Graham.  In fact, it appears that Graham was an even bigger fraud than Serena Williams.  What a Face  If you want to learn more about Graham's deception, there's plenty of info on the Web, including accounts from folks who've said that Graham sexually abused them when they were kids.  In other words, he was probably a pedophile.  Evil or Very Mad

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Now this is interesting: https://dailystormer.su/poland-pulls-out-of-eu-treaty-on-violence-against-women-after-told-to-teach-tranny-doctrine-to-kids/.

The Polish government is pulling out of a European treaty said to focus on violence against women. Warsaw says it contains a provision for schools to teach children about gender theory, which calls biological sexes “archaic.”

Probably going to get buried with fines and other punishments.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/world/europe/LGBT-free-poland-EU-funds.html
The European Union will not provide funding to six Polish towns that have declared themselves “L.G.B.T.-free zones,” a rare financial sanction of a member nation for issues related to the equal treatment of its citizens.

While the amounts of money being withheld are modest — from $6,000 to $29,000 — the exclusion of the towns from funding for a program that connects local communities across Europe was intended to have a deeper symbolic resonance.

Of course.

Anyway, if you're still here, neptune - tell me if you want the forum. I won't post anymore on MTF and won't advertise it anywhere else, so it's pointless for me to care about it anymore. So if you want it, just tell me.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Well, that's why you don't want entities like the European Union.  Razz It's good to see that parts of Poland have a backbone, though.

I think there are still two things useful about this forum:

1) The Serena thread is still getting lots of hits.  In fact, it's probably the most complete resource on the Web detailing the fraud that is Serena!  I suspect many people have bookmarked the page.  

2) This forum has a lot of useful archival information.  From time to time, I find myself consulting threads here for some key info that I remembered reading.

If you don't want to keep the forum, I wonder if the Serena thread can somehow be "moved" to a new forum fairly easily?

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:30 am

neptune wrote:Well, that's why you don't want entities like the European Union.  Razz It's good to see that parts of Poland have a backbone, though.

I think there are still two things useful about this forum:

1) The Serena thread is still getting lots of hits.  In fact, it's probably the most complete resource on the Web detailing the fraud that is Serena!  I suspect many people have bookmarked the page.  

2) This forum has a lot of useful archival information.  From time to time, I find myself consulting threads here for some key info that I remembered reading.

If you don't want to keep the forum, I wonder if the Serena thread can somehow be "moved" to a new forum fairly easily?

Forumotion doesn't allow exporting databases so the only option is copying the posts to another forum. You could make it much easier if you knew some programming and spent a little time coding a scraper. Free forum services like this one always suck. But they are free and accessible. Usually you'd have to buy a host, then install and configure your own software in there. But you'd have access to the database, at least. Which is what any long-term forum absolutely must have. A guy from MTF once promised he'll do something like that, but of course he failed, so I made this forum. You know, a shitty forum is better than a mirage.

Anyway, I gave you administrator access. You should be able to do anything you want - move topics, edit posts, create new categories, whatever. Corona stuff kind of killed this forum, since I've stopped posting on MTF and won't be back, and that was the only place new members could come from. In theory I could buy a host and set up the forum and even copy the posts, but I'd need some donations to keep it up, since I'm poor. And there's of course no one willing since this forum is dead anyway. In that case, the scope could be widened from tennis doping to general questioning.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:47 am

bighax wrote:
Forumotion doesn't allow exporting databases so the only option is copying the posts to another forum. You could make it much easier if you knew some programming and spent a little time coding a scraper.

I do have a programming background, but I haven't coded in years.  And I don't even know what a scraper is.   Very Happy

A guy from MTF once promised he'll do something like that, but of course he failed, so I made this forum.

I think I remember that guy.

You know, a shitty forum is better than a mirage.

At least it's free.

Anyway, I gave you administrator access.

Thanks.  Somebody actually gave me administrator access on another tennis forum recently, a small forum that has only been around for 2 years.  I had only been a member for about a week before becoming an administrator—I didn't even ask for it.   lol!  

Corona stuff kind of killed this forum, since I've stopped posting on MTF and won't be back, and that was the only place new members could come from.

In theory, new members could come from anywhere, but it's not real likely.  Wink  I have advertised the Serena thread on other tennis sites, however, so that's probably why it's been getting so many hits.  

As for MTF, I could theoretically advertise the forum there, but I rarely post anymore, except sometimes in the music thread.   clown   Unless you've met people in real life and connected, it's really hard to start a brand new forum on the Web.  

In theory I could buy a host and set up the forum and even copy the posts, but I'd need some donations to keep it up, since I'm poor. And there's of course no one willing since this forum is dead anyway. In that case, the scope could be widened from tennis doping to general questioning.

Based on the view counts, people do still read many of our threads.  I guess we have quite a few "lurkers."  pirat   Anyway, besides updating the Serena thread, I may post here from time to time if I find an interesting article.  If nobody else comments on it, who cares, I guess.  Basketball  It would be a lot like having a personal blog.  drunken

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:14 pm

If you have places to advertise, go ahead and do so. The ideal would be to eventually move out of here, because free forums like these really have no future. They don't give enough control.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:19 am

My advertising has been informal.  For instance, on some tennis blogs about doping, in the comment section, I've mentioned that Serena is actually a male and posted a link for more info.  On other Web sites, I've posted a link in the Disqus comments section to the Serena thread.  I even posted a link on Breitbart one time!  Very Happy

I haven't "advertised" in quite a while, though—probably because there's been basically no tennis going on.  Anyway, I do think that's why the Serena thread has racked up a good bit of hits.  If I ever see a decent opportunity, I'll certainly "advertise" again.  I just want as many people as possible to wake up and smell the deception.   Evil or Very Mad

The other newer tennis Web site that I have admin access to is not a free one, but it doesn't have a lot of traffic either, so I actually wonder why they've bothered to put that much into it.  I should ask the guy who runs it how much it costs him.  Wink

Incidentally, I didn't realize that moderators on here have access to anyone's IP address.  

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:17 am

Well, none of those people who came to see the Serena thread registered. It's a shame - I heard it's one per 100 people who registers versus lurks. But it's probably more like per 300 or 500.

The paid site is Tennis Prose? Well, he's selling books there, so he might be getting the money back.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:21 am

bighax wrote:Well, none of those people who came to see the Serena thread registered. It's a shame - I heard it's one per 100 people who registers versus lurks. But it's probably more like per 300 or 500.

Didn't know that, but it makes sense.  Yeah, unless someone's given a personal invitation, it's probably no higher than 1 out of 300.  But that's not necessarily bad.  I would rather have no responses at all than a lot of responses from doofuses.   Very Happy

The paid site is Tennis Prose?

No, this other site is run by a Hungarian dude—and maybe a couple of others.  It's got a lot of bells and whistles too—at least as many as MTF.  The guy who runs Tennis Prose is also a recent member of it, but doesn't really participate.  The Hungarian guy used to participate on MTF many years ago, but now he says it (quote) "sucks."  Wink  He also told me that, back then, some of the admins on MTF were reading people's PMs!!!    Shocked   So, there's nothing really "private" on a forum like that.  Even if a poll is "anonymous," you never know who's snooping at the voting behind the scenes.

Well, he's selling books there, so he might be getting the money back.

I actually pointed the guy who runs that site to the Serena thread a while back.  And at the time, he told me that he believed Serena is a male.  He even posted the link to his Twitter feed.  But then he seemed to backtrack.  In other words, he apparently went into denial or something.  I guess that's because the truth is too painful, since one of his books is about Serena.  So, it appears that he'd rather live in denial than deal with the uncomfortable truth.  Really sad.   pale  He seems to be mum on the whole doping issue too.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:35 pm

neptune wrote:

I actually pointed the guy who runs that site to the Serena thread a while back.  And at the time, he told me that he believed Serena is a male.  He even posted the link to his Twitter feed.  But then he seemed to backtrack.  In other words, he apparently went into denial or something.  I guess that's because the truth is too painful, since one of his books is about Serena.  So, it appears that he'd rather live in denial than deal with the uncomfortable truth.  Really sad.   pale  He seems to be mum on the whole doping issue too.

The simple explanation is, he can't really go public with this if he's earning a living based on Serena being female as well as the other players NOT being doping cheats. I really wish money wasn't so important in this world so everyone could just say whatever they want to. But as it is, we have to pay rent (pretty much a tax for existence), phone bills, electricity, car maintenance, health stuff, food - and for poor people nothing remains after. A huge topic for a separate discussion...

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:16 am

Western media is spreading rumors that Belarussian elections were rigged: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/09/belarus-election-lukashenko-landslide-victory-fixing-claims
However, could it be because of the fact that Lukashenko is the only guy that said "fuck you" to coronavirus restrictions? So they're now running a smear campaign on him.

Anyway, I never really trusted elections, but the western countries should watch their own swamp first. Who picks the candidates? Who decides who gets how much campaign money or TV time? How can we ensure the reliability of vote counting? Also, Big Tech is now admitting to rigging elections: https://reclaimthenet.org/big-tech-colludes-election-result-scenario-planning/

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:04 am

bighax wrote:The simple explanation is, he can't really go public with this if he's earning a living based on Serena being female as well as the other players NOT being doping cheats.

What you said is true.  But here's the problem:

1) I asked the guy if he thinks a lot of the higher-ups in the tennis world (players, commentators, etc.) know about Serena being male.  He said he thinks they all know, but are too afraid to say anything.  If I recall correctly, his implication was that they are cowards who lack principles.  

2) On his Web site, he frequently criticizes the media, liberals, Hollywood, et al., saying that they lie constantly, are evil, only care about money, etc.  He also makes statements about standing for Christian principles and the truth.  

Do I take issue with 1) and 2) per se??  No.  What I do take issue with is his hypocrisy!!   Neutral   When push comes to shove, it seems that he's just as willing to abandon his "principles" as anyone else.  In fact, I think hypocritical conservatives are a lot more dangerous to society overall than demented liberals.  Why?  Because most intelligent people can see the crazed liberals for what they are.  However, hypocritical conservatives fool a lot of people.  They pretend to stand for principles, but only when it's convenient for them.    

I really wish money wasn't so important in this world so everyone could just say whatever they want to.

Well, at the very least, someone who goes around advancing Christian principles but is willing to abandon those at the drop of a hat for the sake of money has zero credibility.   Razz

But as it is, we have to pay rent (pretty much a tax for existence), phone bills, electricity, car maintenance, health stuff, food - and for poor people nothing remains after. A huge topic for a separate discussion...

Of course.  And I'm not against being smart.  In other words, I don't necessarily advocate going into public wearing a "Coronavirus is a fraud!!!" T-shirt.  Wink  You definitely have to be discreet about revealing what you stand for.  But this is entirely different from trumpeting "values" from a public platform and vehemently criticizing those people you disagree with, and then behaving very differently in private.   Suspect

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:24 am

bighax wrote:However, could it be because of the fact that Lukashenko is the only guy that said "fuck you" to coronavirus restrictions? So they're now running a smear campaign on him.

Rule of thumb: If a story is political and is being reported by the mainstream media, it's either 1) a total lie or 2) a huge distortion.  Wink

Also, Big Tech is now admitting to rigging elections: https://reclaimthenet.org/big-tech-colludes-election-result-scenario-planning/

That's why it's best to avoid their corrupt products as much as possible.  The Web has become way too centralized.  Back when it started out in the mid-'90s, things weren't that way.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 am

Here's another angle on the "truth" issue.  Let's say you were a doctor back in the '80s and strongly believed that trans fats were bad for one's health.  However, at the time, most of the medical establishment was claiming the opposite.  

Would it have therefore been OK to tell all your patients that it's fine to consume dangerous trans fats just because you need to "make a living"??  Wink   And remember when you wrote this?

In the end [doctors and nurses] just do their job. If that contains a procedure that is harmful, they will do it anyway usually without batting an eyelid.

Is it ethical to perform such a procedure simply because you're afraid that otherwise you'll lose your job?

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 pm

neptune wrote:Here's another angle on the "truth" issue.  Let's say you were a doctor back in the '80s and strongly believed that trans fats were bad for one's health.  However, at the time, most of the medical establishment was claiming the opposite.  

Would it have therefore been OK to tell all your patients that it's fine to consume dangerous trans fats just because you need to "make a living"??  Wink   And remember when you wrote this?

Obviously, it's not ethical. But in the world of corrupt laws and medicine controlled by big corporations, it shouldn't be surprising that the doctor says nothing. I mean the patient himself could in theory report him for violating protocol, and then he's fucked. Of course, that doctor in your example already did better than most by researching the issue, instead of just accepting propaganda.

Is it ethical to perform such a procedure simply because you're afraid that otherwise you'll lose your job?

No but the same thing applies. You stick your head out, you might not only lose your job but end up behind bars. Nurses and doctors are guaranteed a comfortable life if they just stick to procedure - even murderous procedure. It's a dog eat dog world, you gotta do what you can to survive. Personally, I'd be overwhelmed with guilt if I was forced to do what the medical people do in certain cases. But again, you gotta survive. I know some doctors in Poland that do break protocol though (e.g healing autistic children with marijuana oil). They have all the authorities on their asses, they're blocked from public speakings, harassed etc. They truly are heroes.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next