All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

+2
neptune
bighax
6 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:38 am

We all know that testing for doping in tennis is a big joke, and this article from a mainstream-media outlet merely confirms it.  As sports go, tennis is a doper's dream!!!  🤪

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 59241155-10930693-image-a-10_1655637921305

Tennis' ruling body has been accused of going soft on doping, after a Mail on Sunday investigation found the International Tennis Federation lets the world's best players book their own drug tests.

Players were invited to secure time slots for blood-doping tests before this year's Miami Open, a method anti-doping experts say makes a 'huge difference' to cheats seeking to escape detection. . . .

Rob Parisotto, an Australian stem-cell scientist who pioneered the first test for EPO and was a member of cycling's expert ABP panel, says that the tennis authorities are potentially allowing cheats to escape detection by warning them they will have to provide a sample.

'The ITIA's statement is a remarkably egregious one,' Parisotto said. 'It does make a huge difference if testing is known in advance with regards to blood doping. A three- to four-day window before a tournament would be the ideal period to "top up" your blood volume to maximise oxygen-carrying capacity and therefore improve endurance and recovery capabilities.'

During the US Anti-Doping Agency's investigation into systematic doping by Armstrong, the cyclist's US Postal team-mates admitted they regularly manipulated their blood parameters using saline infusions when they knew they would be drug tested. . . .

The ITF has also been accused of inflating its testing figures after it emerged that they count every sample taken during an individual doping control as a separate test. If a player submits blood, urine and blood-passport samples at the same time, it is counted as three tests rather than one.

The ITF's own official documents list these figures under 'tests per player', and not 'samples per player'. The testing data which The Mail on Sunday obtained for one Russian player, for example, who has been ranked in the top 20, shows that they were tested three times out of competition [in] 2015. The ITF's official figures state they underwent at least seven.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10930693/Fears-tennis-gone-soft-drugs-stars-allowed-pick-times-testing.html

neptune

Back to top Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:49 pm

Let's see—Cilic and Berrettini are both out of Wimbledon, supposedly with Covid.   Shocked   And they were both in Nadal's half, of course.   Wink   But according to Alizé Cornet, lots of players had Covid-19 at Roland Garros, but nobody seemed to care:

At Roland Garros, there was a COVID-19 epidemic, no one talked about it,” she told L’Equipe. “In the locker room, everyone got it and we said nothing...”

“It was a tacit agreement between us. We are not going to self-test to get into trouble!"

https://www.tennis.com/baseline/articles/quote-of-the-day-alize-cornet-reveals-everyone-had-covid-19-at-roland-garros

So, why the sudden withdrawals now of Cilic and Berrettini, two of Nadal's most dangerous opponents??  I smell a rat, folks.  🐀

What's more, apparently the grass up at Wimbledon this year is playing slower than ever.   So . . . are all these things really just "coincidences"?  Frankly, I'm skeptical.  I think there's a lot of shady stuff going on behind the scenes.   Suspect   I wonder—how much money is actually changing hands in order to try to secure a title for Nadal?   🤑

Two ATP champions have revealed that the grass courts of 2022 Wimbledon have been altered to play slow.

Nick Kyrgios and Reilly Opelka both won their first round matches, but both said in their Wimbledon press conferences that the Wimbledon grass courts are playing noticeably slower this year.

Kyrgios said: “Why is it slow? This is grass. There shouldn’t be rallies on grass. My God, stop slowing it down.”

Opelka said: “The grass is no longer for the servers. They have slowed it down too much.”

Exactly why this court speed alteration has been made is impossible to say with certainty, until hopefully the tournament director Jamie Baker will perhaps address the controversial decision on the record with the media.

But the natural, first inclination is to suspect the tennis deep state is behind this change, with, of course, the intention to assist Rafael Nadal to win his 23rd Grand Slam title.

https://www.tennis-prose.com/bios/who-slowed-wimbledon-grass-and-for-what-intent/

Last edited by neptune on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:04 pm

A so-called journalist (who is so seedy that he will not be named) asked Djokovic this question recently in the pre-Wimbledon press conference:

But you do still have time to get vaccinated before New York to make it in time for the US.  Is that something you've completely closed your mind to as an option going forward, or...

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes.

Well, good for Djokovic for sticking to his guns.  👍   Of course, he should've boycotted the Asterisk Open back in January because of its tyrannical requirements to get jabbed, and he also should be boycotting Wimbledon because of its ban of Russian and Belarusian players.  Anyway, we know that top athletes only care about themselves, so his unwillingness to boycott these tournaments isn't really a surprise.  😆   Nonetheless, the fact that he's willing to refuse the jab—even at the expense of his Grand Slam total—is extremely admirable. 🖖

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:43 am

According to two orthopedists, Nadal has neither Miler-Vajs syndrome nor necrosis.   Very Happy  

Ladies and gentlemen, announcing a brand-new ATP Phony Award.  The winner, of course:  Princess Rafa Nadal.  👸  😙

Orthopedists: no Miler-Vajs syndrome, no necrosis

According to Zidojče cajtung, two orthopedists from Germany are very skeptical about Rafael Nadal's foot injury. He won the Roland Garos with a dead nerve in the foot of his left leg, until he then had to undergo a treatment that would permanently deaden his nerve. . . .

Nadal does not look back on this and constantly insists that every tournament could be his last and that everything depends on the foot that has been bothering him for years. After winning the Roland Garos, he said he would prefer a new foot to a new Grand Slam title.

Zidojce cajtunga journalist Verner Bartens has spoken to German orthopaedists who are skeptical about Rafael Nadal's diagnosis. He is diagnosed with Miler-Vajs syndrome.

"This pain and top sport cannot go hand in hand. I don't think he has necrosis . . . of the bones, because this pain is progressing and it is difficult to enjoy top-level sport more often", kažu ortopedi.

"This disease and competitive sport that's a contradiction"

"I don't think he has bone necrosis, because it's progressing and isn't compatible with high-performance sport for hours"

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

https://sportklub.rs/tenis/grand-slam/wimbledon/ortopedi-nadal-nema-ni-miler-vajsov-sindrom-ni-nekrozu/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamesjohn Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:22 am

Hi everyone

Jamesjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:56 pm

Jamesjohn wrote:Hi everyone

Hi, Jamesjohn. 🙂

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:17 pm

What Nadal did in his match against Sonego yesterday was just outrageous.   Evil or Very Mad

In the third set, Sonego had just broken Nadal to level things at 4–4.  But then Nadal called him to the net and started giving him a lecture, telling him to stop grunting.  Sorry, but nobody does this kind of thing.  Surprised   To my knowledge, even Federer has never stooped that low.  

Nadal is the winner of the last four so-called ATP sportsmanship awards too.   Rolling Eyes   So, in the middle of a match, suddenly Nadal acts like he's King Tut 🤴🏽, deciding to serve as both tournament supervisor and chair umpire.  Unfortunately, this blatant display of bullying made Sonego back down, with him losing the next two games and the match.  Of course, he probably wouldn't have won the match anyway, but he could definitely have won the set at least.

Rafael Nadal, the so-called good sportsman, is in fact a monster.  👹   How come so many of his fans are blind to his disgraceful behavior??   scratch

On another site, someone made these perceptive comments:

Clear bullying by Rafa.  Media now ignoring the incident, if Novak or Nick [Kyrgios] did what Rafa did yesterday it would be turned into historical event by the media. But because Rafa did a bad thing the media ignores it as it protects Rafa. It would be interesting to see Nick lecture Rafa to stop picking his butt before every single point and also to lecture Rafa to hurry up and stop delaying everybody every match every point. Rafa would fall apart and never recover if Nick gives him the stop butt picking lecture at the net. Hope he does it. That would be interesting. . . .

What Rafa did yesterday was the worst form of bullying I can ever remember seeing on the court. I know a lot of bullying happens off the court and in the locker room, behind closed doors away from public viewing, but Rafa used his special privileges and star power yesterday to steal that match from Sonego. Disgusting display by Rafa. And it proves equality is a big fat sham, there is no equality in tennis. If Novak did what Rafa did yesterday the entire jackal media would be screaming for his head. But the media covers for Rafa and protects him.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 am

A couple of interesting comments from another board about Nadal's treacherous ways in his fourth-round match at Wimbledon:    Surprised

Nadal tried and succeeded in avoiding roof closure by speeding up his service routine.

Disgusting.

And someone replied:

It's almost as if the service routine is not OCD after all, but a way to make his opponent wait and break his concentration.

I wonder what other forms of cheating Nadal disguises behind notional medical conditions?

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:53 pm

Apparently the only way Nadal could win against Fritz was by playing the "fake injury" card, and then he barely even managed to do that.  clown

But when he realized his next opponent would be Kyrgios instead of Garin, his "injury" suddenly acted up again, leaving him no choice but to withdraw.  😆  If he were really injured, he'd have waited until the last minute to pull out, hoping his condition might improve.  But no—Princess Rafa realized that his chances at beating Kyrgios weren't so hot, so the coward did the easy thing just to save his fragile ego.  🐭  Well, at least he's out of the tournament!!  🤣  

The final with Djokovic and Kyrgios could be a very interesting one.  Although I'd give the edge to Djokovic because of his experience, it could certainly go either way.  He'd better take Kyrgios seriously and get himself into gear, because the Australian can be a very dangerous opponent.  😲  However, I suspect nerves will prove too much for the latter.  And a Djokovic win would certainly be great to rile up some of the fanatical Federer and Nadal fans. 😏

Hopefully it's a fair match, and may the better player win. 🥇

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:25 am

Why did teen phenom Andrea Jaeger leave professional tennis way back in the '80s?  The official story has always been that she just burned out—and had a bum shoulder to boot.  But apparently that's not the real story.  🤔

The real reason that she left was verbal, physical, and sexual abuse—by other women, including WTA officials.  Shocked  In this recently published article, Jaeger spills the beans on the nightmare she endured for years.  Her account is very disturbing—and often just plain shocking.  🤢   I would recommend reading the whole article.

After reading it, you'll see that pro tennis is a toxic, toxic place 🤮, where many young players just don't feel safe.  So, once Jaeger got some injuries on the tour, she actually saw them as a blessing—a way out of the nuthouse.  🤪

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Andrea-jaeger-of-the-usa-in-action-during-the-wimbledon-lawn-tennis-picture-id913229760

[Jaeger's] legacy . . . is that of a rising star who burnt out prematurely, for whom early success became the catalyst for injury and uneven temperament. That remained Jaeger’s story because she wasn’t yet ready to discuss the WTA staff member who persistently sexually harassed her in the locker room, eventually forcing Jaeger to take refuge in portable toilets at major tournaments. Nor was she prepared to describe the time she was unknowingly served alcohol while still underage before a different staff member drove her home and attempted to kiss her on her doorstep. But there is a part of Jaeger that has always wanted to set the record straight, so people would understand the difference between burning out and having the light drained from something you love. . . .

The biggest match of Jaeger’s career was her Wimbledon final in 1983 but the result was initially cast into history as an anticlimax. Navratilova took the first set to love and closed out victory inside an hour. It was only 15 years later when Jaeger claimed she’d lost on purpose that it took on a different kind of relevance. She explained that on the eve of the match, she had bolted out of her apartment after an argument with her father, Roland, and knocked on Navratilova’s door. She threw the final because she feared people might think she’d deliberately attempted to disrupt her opponent’s preparation.

In follow-up interviews, Jaeger offered white lies to reporters such as the row stemming from being forced to practise with an injured thumb or that her father had flown into a rage after catching her eating a packet of crisps. The truth, she says now, is that Roland had been approached by two concerned mothers of other players about the safeguarding of teenagers on the WTA Tour. Scared he’d left his daughter in harm’s way, Roland sat Andrea down and demanded she tell him everything. “If I had told him the truth, he’d have pulled me from the final and taken matters into his own hands,” she says. . . .

Jaeger was only 14 years old when she turned professional and was thrust into an adult environment. Her sudden success coupled with a fiery attitude soon made her a target. “I had situations where I’d go to get my racket and the strings would be cut,” she says. “When I went to put on my shoes, someone had left razor blades inside them.” Then, there were the comments from other players as she got changed. One insisted on making jokes about the size of Jaeger’s breasts and how they were “developed” for her age, and frequently drew them to the attention of other players. “My constant thought was, who is the kid here, me or them? It was so gross. It was disgusting, really.” . . .

Jaeger refers to one female WTA staff member in particular who “had a major problem keeping her hands to herself”. She estimates the person, who she does not want to name and no longer works at the organisation, made physically inappropriate advances on her in the locker room on at least 30 separate occasions “very, very early in my career”. When a senior player saw one of the incidents, they called it “crazy” but “did nothing to stop it”. Not long afterwards, Jaeger stopped using the physio room if other players weren’t present because of “another approach” made there.

“I’d change in portable toilets or a bathroom stall because I didn’t want to deal with the comments, interest or actions of people,” she says. “Someone recognised me at the US Open once and asked what I was doing, so I just said a pipe was broken in the locker room. There was always the concern I may have to deal with an adult who had problems with being either verbally or physically inappropriate with me.” . . .

But in 1982, there was a tipping point that pushed Jaeger to make a complaint. After losing to Evert in the final of the WTA Championships in Florida, she had to attend a players’ party that evening hosted by one of the tournament’s sponsors, a well-known brand of rum. When a WTA staff member asked her if she’d like a drink, Jaeger ordered the non-alcoholic cola Tab. “She came back with two glasses,” she says. “I thought mine tasted really weird.”

After her third glass, Jaeger began feeling “fuzzy”. She went over to the bar, pointed at the WTA staff member and asked the bartender what they’d ordered. They insisted all three Tabs had rum. It was the first time Jaeger had ever drunk alcohol. When the party was ending, the WTA employee gave Jaeger a lift back to her apartment. “I went with her and her girlfriend in the car,” she says. “The person was swaying driving and I remember we hit either some garbage or a mailbox. When we got to my condo, she walked me to the door and tried something on with me. She was trying to kiss me. I was so sickened that I was crawling up the stairs inside trying not to throw up so my dad wouldn’t see me.

Jaeger was 16 years old. It wasn’t just the breach of trust that left Jaeger nauseated, it was what happened after she confided in someone in authority at the WTA. “I said this has got to stop. Every week I have to worry about this s***,” she says. “They said if you say one more word about this, we’ll make sure your sister’s scholarship at Stanford gets pulled. Every time I tried to stand up for myself, I was threatened with someone else getting harmed. . . .

Do you know how hard it is to tell an adult in an industry that there’s a problem, how much courage that took? My parents were owed the right that if you put a kid on the court late at night or you’re going to have a WTA Tour representative drive them home, they’re going to be safe. They were owed that right and never got that right.” . . .

I can see how in any sport, even now 40 years later, if a kid was confronted with similar situations they may also stay quiet when threatened,” she says. “I don’t want to enable any further harm to happen.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andrea-jaeger-wta-career-harassment-foundation-b2107934.html

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:41 pm

Apparently pressure is piling up on Resident [sic] Joe Biden to let Djokovic enter the U.S.  😃  At least four American politicians have now spoken out against the ban, calling it "embarrassing."  Of course, we all know that Biden doesn't make his own decisions, but maybe his puppetmaster will eventually tell him:  "Let Djokovic in!!!"   Very Happy

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 1642269_1

Two more political figures have thrown support behind Novak Djokovic as he remains unable to play the US Open as an unvaccinated traveller. The United States currently bans any unvaccinated foreign nationals from entering the country but one of Donald Trump’s former aides has become the latest to criticise the rules and put pressure on Joe Biden, with a Senator echoing his calls. . . .

Several American politicians have condemned the ban already and called for the Serb to be allowed into the country to compete, and now two more have ridiculed the policy of stopping unjabbed visitors from entering the United States. “Let @DjokerNole play in the @usopen! The U.S. Open cheapens itself when it bans one of the best players in the world,” Richard Grenell tweeted. . . .

And current Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson has now echoed Grenell’s words, slamming the idea of keeping Djokovic out of the country as “stupid”. He tweeted: “@RichardGrenell⁩ is 100% correct on this.

“Has anyone noticed the vaccines are NOT preventing infection and transmission? The mandates are idiotic, pointless and destructive. How many jabs did Fauci get? Banning Djokovic would be equally stupid.”

Johnson and Grenell’s tweets come after two other US politicians criticised the ban on Djokovic and other unvaccinated travellers. Texas State Senator Drew Springer and Senator for Kentucky, Rand Paul pressured Biden over the issue last week.

"Biden is banning Novak Djokovic from coming to USA to play the US Open but allows millions of unvaccinated illegals to flood across the border. Hey Joe, what’s one more unvaxed person?!?! #LetNovakPlay #txlege #USOpen,” Springer tweeted last Sunday, before Paul said: "Hooray for heroic stances for medical freedom by Wimbledon champ Novak Djokovic. Boo for unscientific policy of banning visitors to US that already have natural immunity.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1642269/Novak-Djokovic-US-Open-Richard-Grenell-Ron-Johnson-politicians-vaccine-ban-tennis-news

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:55 pm

Now U.S. Representative Claudia Tenney is doing her part to help Djokovic play in the U.S. Open:  🍿

If the so-called Biden administration doesn't do anything to allow unjabbed athletes to compete, then it's best to just boycott the U.S. Open.  In that case, I will not be following the results at all—for me, it would be just like two weeks without any tennis on the calendar at all.   🚫

And who even cares about the silly "Grand Slam" count.   Rolling Eyes   I mean, doping aside, if all eligible athletes can't compete, then we're no longer in the Open Era anyway.  So, this would be just another asterisked tournament.  Razz

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 2d663-16594748066976-1920

The Serb has repeatedly stressed that he will not take the jab against COVID-19. As things stand, the only way Djokovic can hope to play in the year-ending Slam is if the Biden-led administration bends its rules.

And that is exactly what Claudia Tenney, the United States representative for New York's 22nd congressional district, is pushing at, as evidenced by her recent letter to Secretary of State Anthony Blinken.

She posted her letter on Twitter, accompanying it with a caption where she urged Joe Biden to relax the rules to benefit Novak Djokovic and other unvaccinated tennis players.

"Today, I’m urging the Biden administration to issue a National Interest Exemption so that world-renowned tennis star Novak Djokovic and any other international athlete can compete in the US Open," Claudia Tenney wrote. "Biden should then DROP the ridiculous mandate altogether!"

The Congresswoman believes that the US vaccine mandate enforced by the Biden administration is centered more around political strongarming than healthcare.

"President Biden’s unscientific vaccine mandate on international travel is about control & politics, not public health," she added.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/i-m-urging-biden-administration-issue-national-interest-exemption-novak-djokovic-international-athletes-can-compete-us-open-u-s-representative-claudia-tenney

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:36 am

Today's quote of the day is from actor Adam Baldwin (who I'd never even heard of till today 😆), as posted to "social media":

Every tournament that denied Novak Djokovic entry because he chose bodily autonomy is an *asterisk* tournament.  Likewise are their prize winners *asterisk* prize winners.

Of course, this isn't just about Djokovic.  It's about denying basic rights to bodily autonomy to any pro tennis player.  Razz   But unfortunately, only Djokovic—as well as a few other players like Sandgren—has actually had the guts to refuse to get jabbed in order to participate in a tournament.   💪

So anyway, that tournament in January (which shall not be named) has a huge asterisk next to it.  Does Wimbledon have an asterisk too?  Well, it has a "half asterisk."   😏  While it didn't violate anyone's bodily autonomy, you can't just exclude players based on their nationality.  The reason that it has only half an asterisk is that it's unlikely any of those players would've won the tournament.  

Oddly enough, the French Open is the only Grand Slam without an asterisk this year.  This is not in any way to gloss over Nadal's flagrant cheating in Paris by using "legalized doping" to deal with his phony foot injury/condition.  🤮  Nevertheless, the tournament itself deserves to be commended for its fairness.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:45 am

Now even Superman is defending Djokovic's right to participate in the U.S. Open!   Laughing

In a nutshell, if Djokovic is not allowed to compete in New York, then pro tennis deserves to die a painful death!!  🚫

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Superman-star-sounds-off-on-novak-djokovic-us-open-ban

Superman star Dean Cain agrees with John McEnroe that not allowing Novak Djokovic to compete at the US Open is "bull----." In an interview with Outkick, McEnroe sounded off on Djokovic likely missing out on the US Open just because of his vaccination status.

The United States no longer require a negative COVID-19 test upon entering the country, but they still require foreign travelers to show the proof of double vaccination. Becuase [sic] of that, Djokovic will likely miss out on his second Grand Slam in 2022.

"Because it IS BS," Cain tweeted. . . .

McEnroe: Djokovic should be allowed to play the US Open

"Well, first of all, I think it's BS," McEnroe told Outkick.

"That's what I think. He should be allowed to play. My personal opinion is that I've been vaccinated, I had the booster shot, and that's up to the individual.  If I were him and I'm not him, you know, he's won a lot more Majors than me and it's because he has dug in his heels and found that will that very few people in any sport have ever found.

That's part of what has made him so great.  He sticks to his guns and is perfectly entitled to make the decision."

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Novak_Djokovic/118748/superman-star-sounds-off-on-novak-djokovic-us-open-ban/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:29 pm

Still no news about whether Djokovic will be competing in New York.  🤔  Some have suggested that he withdraw now in order to "help" certain other players  Rolling Eyes, but that seems pretty ridiculous.  The crazy entry rules that have been in place till now are certainly not his fault.  So, in this case, I think it's reasonable for him to stay in the draw until he gets the final word on whether he'll be allowed to enter the U.S.  It's also interesting (but not really surprising) how neither the tournament itself nor Federer & Nadal seem to be doing any lobbying at all for him to be able to compete.  Mad

I don't know about anyone else, but if Djokovic is stiffed again at a so-called Grand Slam, which would be the second time in less than eight months, I don't see myself remaining a fan of pro tennis.  I mean, how could anyone?  If the tour is so corrupt that politics becomes a bigger factor in determining who wins majors than skill, why should anyone take the "results" seriously?  scratch  And then when you factor in all the doping that's going on to boot, "pro" tennis seems to have about as much credibility as pro wrestling—no, wait . . . actually less!  clown

The way the sport of tennis seems to be going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they decided to add evening wear and swimsuit segments to the competitions in the near future!   👙  😁

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:43 am

Wow, just learned about this.  Moderna is actually sponsoring the U.S. Closed, with help from Billie Jean King!!!  🤑   What utter lunacy.  Quelle surprise that they don't want Djokovic (or any other unjabbed non-American) there!  🤪

Tennis is nothing more than a corrupt joke now.  And I agree totally with this comment made by a fan named Louise:  

Tennis can kiss my ass until it’s on a level playing field again..otherwise what’s the point of playing it, sport is about fair game and them picking and choosing who gets to play and who doesn’t is not fair. So nope, i’m done. See ya tennis, i would say i’ll miss u but i won’t.

Well, you sure nailed it, Weezy!!!  👍    So . . . world of pro tennis, hasta la vista, baby!!  All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Kickass1  And on your way out, don't let the door hit you in the . . . well, you know.   Wink

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Mad-an12

------------------------
As Moderna is gearing up to run a new COVID booster campaign this year in the U.S., it has scored tennis legend Billie Jean King as part of its U.S. Open sponsorship.

The biotech is specifically looking to boost awareness of mRNA technology in general, with no specific promotional branded marketing attached.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/marketing/moderna-hoping-serve-ace-its-new-boosters-taps-billie-jean-king-its-us-open-campaign

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:14 pm

Saw this funny comment about Nadal on another board:

Dull had injured knees, injured foot and now a torn abdominal. What's the next excuse? Erectile dysfunction?

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Laugh1

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:14 pm

Well, the freak show is finally over, I guess.  You know what I mean—the one in New York.  Wink

I didn't keep up with it or follow any of the "results," so I have no idea who the "winners" were.  Someone told me that he heard Serena lost early, but don't know if that's true.  Nonetheless, I'll probably hear the "results" fairly soon.   Suspect

Since, like many other fans, I'm giving pro tennis the boot 🥾, what does that mean for this site?  Well, even though we don't plan to follow the day-to-day results of the various tournaments, that doesn't mean this forum can't make observations about the sport from a distance.  I mean, the name of this forum is Tennis Doping, so any doping news is obviously fair game.  All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 1f603  And general news, like tournaments banning players, retirements, and players faking injuries (you know the one we're referring to here, don't you? Laughing), seems relevant too.  

So, hopefully there will still be some juicy issues about tennis to discuss here, even though the so-called sport itself has become a total laughingstock that can't be taken seriously by anyone with half a brain.  clown

Last edited by neptune on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:42 pm

Welp, it's finally happening—Roger Federer is actually retiring.   Surprised   Of course, there's been a lot of speculation that he was going to retire this fall, but it just seemed that he'd forever stay "active" in order to keep milking his endorsements.  Maybe his sponsors told him, "Sorry, Rogie, but the gravy train is over!!!"  🚃   Wish I could say that I'm sorry to see him go, but hey—that would be a lie!!  🤥 😆

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Roger-Federer-Retirement

To me, Federer is one of the most unlikable players ever.   🤢   However, since he's retiring, I'll actually try to say a few nice things about him:

1) He had a very fluid, effortless playing style.

2) He displayed amazing prowess on grass.

3) He wasn't nearly the injury faker that Nadal is.  Instead of faking an injury every seven minutes like Nadal, Federer only faked an injury about every eleven hours.  Wink

Oh, and in other news, I finally learned the "results" of the U.S. Closed.  🚫  Well, the men's results anyway—still don't know who won the women's event, but I assume it was Swiatek.  I did hear that Serena crashed out in the third round, though, so I think it's unlikely that he [sic] will ever enter another Grand Slam, unless it's in doubles.  

What's kind of funny is that, before I actually knew the men's results, I sneaked a peak at the odds for next year's French Open, and noticed that Nadal was listed as the third favorite.  😱   Once I saw that, I was like, "There's no way that he won in New York!!!"  jocolor  Have to admit I'm kinda shocked that, even after the powers that be in the ATP used everything but the kitchen sink 🚰  to ensure Nadal a victory, like handing him a cupcake draw and banning the favorite from the tournament, he still couldn't walk through the open door.  clown

It was also refreshing to see some humility on Alcaraz's part.  While he didn't want to downplay his big accomplishment, at least he was honest enough to admit that he got really lucky that Djokovic wasn't allowed to play.  🍀

You know, I was just wondering—what was Nadal's excuse this time for losing?  Maybe it was something like (translated from Spanish):

¡Hey, there were bugs in my paella!!!  🪲   😹

Last edited by neptune on Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:19 pm

Today we have some odds 'n' ends, mostly about Laver Cup.  I didn't watch the event or anything, but here are some interesting tidbits that I've learned:

* Federer went out with a whimper.  But at least he displayed a sense of humor in joking about losing both his very last singles and doubles matches.   Laughing

* After one of his losses there, apparently he said on court that he was happy that both his back and his calf held up, but mentioned absolutely NOTHING about his supposed bum knee, which had no wrapping or bandaging on it all week.   Shocked   This supports the idea that his whole "knee injury" and subsequent "surgery" were just a big hoax for him to save face while also continuing to rake in sponsorship money.  🤑

* Based on what Federer showed at Laver Cup, his tennis has declined dramatically, only occasionally showing flashes of former glory.

* In his last match there, Nadal displayed anemic tennis and ended up withdrawing and flying home.  ✈  His arms and legs also looked skinny, which may help explain why he seemed to lack power in his strokes.  One knowledgeable observer, who is actually a big admirer of Nadal, believes that he will never win another Grand Slam again, including the French Open.  😬

* Apparently some photos were posted to Facebook of Federer and Nadal holding hands and crying together.  But according to a former player on the ATP Tour, all of these photos then got removed from Facebook soon after.   So, what's that about??  🤔 This player also thought it strange that Wawrinka was nowhere to be seen at the event.

* It seems that Djokovic really sucked up to Federer at Laver Cup, igniting rumors of a brand-new bromance between the two.  And this past week, the news is that Federer has finally followed Djokovic on Instagram, thus making the bromance official.  😆  Frankly, I'm not buying the idea that this is a real friendship, but it's harmless enough, I suppose.  Wink

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 True?wait=true

* In other news, Djokovic, who many claim is an Orthodox Christian, was asked about his faith recently by a reporter in Israel.  (Is it even appropriate to ask a player such a personal question?)  Anyway, this was his response, which kind of puts to rest that whole notion:   🍿

“It’s going too much in the private life and intimacy. So, I will not talk about these things. But I have been raised in an Orthodox Christian family. But I don’t limit myself to that, so to say. I consider myself an open-minded and open-hearted person that respects and embraces everything that religions and knowledges that people have around the world that could enrich my life and my family’s lives. So I’ll keep it to that."

https://www.essentiallysports.com/atp-tennis-news-been-raised-in-a-orthodox-christian-family-but-i-dont-limit-myself-to-that-novak-djokovic-clarifies-his-religious-beliefs/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:28 am

Okay, today we have a brand-new dopehead  💉 to discuss—Simona Halep.   🤔

According to Jelena Jankovic on "social media" (I hate that term, because such sites actually seem to make people antisocial  Rolling Eyes), everyone on the tour knew Halep was doping but didn't want to discuss that with fans.   Shocked   Ironically enough, Jankovic has been suspected of doing the very same thing.  

My take is that the accusations are probably true, and that the WTA is ready to throw Halep under the bus because she's no longer a big cash cow for them.  🐮   Issuing a strongly worded denial, she says that, for as long as she's been a player, the notion of cheating has never once popped into her head.  Somehow that seems a bit hard to believe.  😏   A more credible statement would be something like:  "Yes, many people cheat in this world, but I've always resisted the temptation to do that because it's against my values.  So, no, I have never used performance-enhancing drugs."  

I guess the moral of the story is:  If you suspect that anybody who's ever been at the top of the tennis rankings has doped, then you're probably right.   Razz   As long as you have doped-up players and political games designed to keep certain players out of tournaments, Grand Slam counts don't mean jack.  🗑

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Simona-halep-at-french-open-tennis-tournament-in-paris-05-30-2018-4

Simona Halep said she will “fight for the truth” after she was provisionally suspended from tennis for failing a drugs test at the US Open.

In what is the most high profile doping case in women’s tennis since Maria Sharapova was banned from the sport in 2016, Halep, the Romanian former world No 1, was found to have traces of the drug Roxadustat in her urine. An anti-anaemia medicine, Roxadustat promotes the creation of red blood cells and is featured on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s list of prohibited substances.

The 31-year-old denies knowingly taking the drug and says the results – which were collated by the International Tennis Integrity Agency – showed “extremely low” levels of the substance in her system. Halep lost in the first round of the US Open in August to the Ukrainian Daria Snigur.

In a lengthy statement posted on social media, Halep said: “Today begins the hardest match of my life: a fight for the truth.

I have been notified that I have tested positive for a substance called Roxadustat in an extremely low quantity, which came as the biggest shock of my life.

“Throughout my whole career, the idea of cheating never even crossed my mind once, as it is totally against all the values I have been educated with.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/21/simona-halep-suspended-doping-test-wimbledon-champion-tennis

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:39 am

On another Web site, someone with a good bit of inside information spilled some serious beans about the widespread state of doping in tennis.   Shocked

Here are some of the things he disclosed:

* Just about every top tennis player is suspect.  Suspect   And according to a top tennis coach, large academies not only recommend but also actually supply human-growth hormone to the best teenage players when they're as young as 14.   Mad   It’s all about gaining an edge on the competition.  Apparently that fact is well-known in tennis circles in Florida.  In addition, the guy believes that this quote by a former boxing champ applies to the world of tennis too:  “Everybody in boxing is on something.”   💉

* Publicly at least, the folks in pro tennis rarely talk about doping—or betting—because they know these subjects are taboo.   silent

* According to a former ATP player, who spent over twenty years on the tour, at the 1996 French Open, six out of the eight quarterfinalists tested positive for PEDs, including Pete Sampras!!   What a Face   The only two who didn’t were Karbacher and Stich.  

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Tennis-racket-and-ball-anabolic-steroids-in-tennis-doping-in-sports-picture-id917551006?k=6&m=917551006&s=170667a&w=0&h=KI1O02q7gJ3Ga49Jct3NhbxyUt1r5MGeeIYs_tTK3OA=

* In her autobiography A Paper Life, actress Tatum O’Neal said that Johnny Mac (her former husband) was using steroids toward the end of his career.  

* While Boris Becker started out with a “normal” tennis body, he later became super bulky all over (as seen in various photos), looking almost like a bodybuilder 💪, so he was most likely doping.  

* When it comes to "legends," Chris Evert at least was almost certainly clean.  In fact, it seems that doping didn’t become that widespread in tennis until about the 1990s.  

On a related note, Ilie Nastase recently said in an interview that Simona Halep's failed drug test was only reported because she’s not American.   🇺🇸    Well, he’s probably right!!

Last but not least, here are a couple of telling quotes by former ATP players:  🍿

“If Agassi or Sampras ever test positive, you guys in the media will never know about it because they are too important to the economics of the tour.”  

— Marcelo Rios

“I have heard of cases of the ITF covering up positive tests.”

— Jonas Bjorkman

So, in a nutshell, ladies and gentleman, tennis is positively swimming in corruption.   🙈

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:08 pm

More signs of korruption in the world of tennis.   Suspect

In the draw for the ATP finals next week that just got released, Nadal has about the easiest group he could've hoped for:  Ruud, Auger-Aliassime, and Fritz.  Rolling Eyes  You may say, "Well, Auger-Aliassime isn't that easy," but don't forget—he's coached by Uncle Toni.  Razz

And someone was mentioning this recently:  Remember last year, when Serbian model Natalija Scekic claimed that she was offered a whopping $70,000 to have sex with Djokovic on film to destroy his marriage?  If not, this article should help jog your memory.  Wink

https://nypost.com/2021/03/23/natalija-scekic-i-was-offered-70k-for-novak-djokovic-sextortion/

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Model-asal-serbia-natalija-scekic

Apparently there was never any investigation into the matter, to see whether her claims could be verified and to potentially stop this "mystery man" from blackmailing other ATP players too.  So, why would that be?  Probably because the ATP, with their anti-Djokovic agenda, want to protect the guy who was trying to hatch this plot.   Mad

And most recently, we have the tennis media focusing on a cell-phone video from the Paris Indoors, shared by a non-tennis journalist, that shows members of Djokovic's team preparing the "magic" potion he often drinks.  What's so hypocritical about all this is that no one in the tennis media dared say a thing about the injections Nadal was getting at Roland Garros this year, supposedly to help his "foot."  Apparently these "journalists" just had no curiosity whatsoever about exactly what was in those syringes.   💉

Now, I'm not saying that it's unfair to question what Djokovic is drinking.  However, when you give his biggest rival a total free pass, then you have no right to launch an inquisition into what Djokovic himself is doing.  It's a blatant double standard, which is a hallmark of a corrupt sport.  👹

Anyway, back to the draw issue.  Electronic draws—just like electronic voting machines—are designed for cheating.  The only way to ensure a fair draw is to have, just like in times past, a mechanical draw that's very transparent.  Can you still rig a mechanical draw?  Yes, but not nearly as easily.  Basically, unless you can observe a draw with your own eyes, then it's only right to question it.  So, any electronic draw is, by its very nature, suspect.  🧐

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:17 pm

Looks like a mystery's been solved.  🕵  You know all the brouhaha about Djokovic's "magic" potion that he drinks during his matches??  Well, according to Zivota Nikolic, the dude who's actually supplying this stuff, it turns out that there's a totally innocent explanation for it all:  😮

Of course, some folks may not buy this story, but is sounds pretty convincing to me at least.

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

A man named Zivota Nikolic reached out to me to explain what the real story is about the secrecy of Team Djokovic mixing Novak’s water bottle with a special, natural supplement.

Zivota Nikolic is based in Fort Worth, Texas, and says he’s a “producer of organic supplements from Wild Apple in Eastern Europe good for many health problems.”

I am person responsible for the drink that Novak Djokovic is using when he played tennis or not,” Nikolic wrote to me in a comment on my previous article about the water bottle drink mix media controversy. “Concentrated drink needs to be mixed before drinking. I am small guy and I’m not able to pay sponsorship, and secrecy is directed by sponsorship agency that Novak has contract with. By contracts he is not allowed to show publicly any name that is not authorized by them. Contractually he will be in violation and he will pay penalty that advertising agency may assess and value will be deducted from contracts that he has with agency. Question is who was videotaping this event of supplying drink to Novak and answer is person who can benefits by proving wrongdoing. Product is natural and is available to be purchased by the order. I like the public to know that Novak Djokovic is not doing anything illegal just protecting himself from financial punishment.”

Mr. Nikolic’s explanation is believable. About five years ago a tennis coach/friend of mine named Arthur Bobko told me about the Fitline products of energy mixes, productivity boosters, with supplies of natural minerals and trace elements. I instantly became a believer as I saw Bobko make the mix and drink it and suddenly start playing much better, faster and explosive. I still remember leading 5-2 and after he drank his Fitline drink mix, he WON FIVE STRAIGHT GAMES! I still joke that I didn’t lose to him that day, I lost to Fitline. The same thing happened in the second, a 5-2 lead for me turned into a 5-7 set loss. Those two sets were the closest I ever came to beating Bobko. Bobko told me the Fitline products were based in Germany and were used by Djokovic, who loved the product so much he used it without being paid or sponsored to. I tried Fitline products later and also experienced positive results and improved stamina, energy and performance.

So now it’s confirmed, Novak Djokovic did nothing illegal at Paris Rolex Masters. Now let’s see if the agenda driven tennis media will do the right thing and admit it’s fault and error in rushing to another negative judgement to bash and attack the greatest champion in the history of tennis.

Apparently Djokovic moved on to the drink mixes provided by Mr. Nikolic.

And it makes sense why Team Djokovic are forced to keep the nature and identity of the products private.

https://www.tennis-prose.com/bios/the-real-story-behind-novaks-drink-in-paris/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:39 pm

If you want to dope legally in tennis, just get a TUE.  Most intelligent fans already know that.  But now, even some of the top players are acknowledging this reality.  😏  Just recently, Fernando Verdasco got a two-month ban for failing to renew his "legal doping."  And Reilly Opelka had something pointed to say about that.  John Millman also chimed in with his own thoughts about TUEs.  💉

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 7 3e775-16698664219283-1920

Reilly Opelka has received flack [sic] on social media after tennis fans found his comments on Fernando Verdasco's two-month ban uncalled for.

The International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA) on Wednesday released a statement stating that Verdasco was banned for two months after he tested positive for the drug methylphenidate and forgot to renew the Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE). A TUE allows athletes to compete even if their medication involves a prohibited substance.

The 39-year-old Spaniard, who was tested at an ATP Challenger event in Brazil in February 2022, accepted the charge under the 2022 Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP). However, Opelka took to social media to accuse Verdasco of legal doping, saying that Adderall was a performance-enhancing drug.

"One of the biggest issues in tennis.. why are guys taking adderall for the first time in their life as adults? Legal doping," Opelka tweeted.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/news-just-another-regular-day-white-american-guy-opinion-something-tennis-fans-slam-reilly-opelka-view-fernando-verdasco-s-ban

John Millman tweeted this week what may be the biggest bombshell of the year in professional tennis.

The Australian veteran 33 year old revealed a tweet that doping and performance-enhancing drug cheating is happening in pro tennis via the “therapeutic use exemption”…

Millman’s bombshell tweet… In general I really don’t like TUE’s in professional sport. Opens up way too many loopholes to “legally dope” – it’s very unfortunate for those with legitimate need as is the probable case here. However it’s been long known that if you want to dope, get a TUE.

Think about what Millman just said… If you want to dope or cheat with illegal drugs, just apply for and use a TUE. TUE information has been kept secret from the public and media which also suggests foul play or secret agendas/activities.

Transparency and full disclosure on all TUE information and which players are using what PEDs would help clear up this brewing controversy. But don’t hold your breath waiting for this info to be released to the public.

https://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/millman-reveals-doping-happening-in-pro-tennis/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum