All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

+2
neptune
bighax
6 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Is Djokovic going to get an "exemption" to play in Australia?  🤔

The thing is, if he's truly against the jab, he shouldn't get special treatment.  Every player who doesn't want to get the shot should have a chance to compete as well.  

So, it's not enough for Djokovic to refuse the jab—he needs to support the right of other players to refuse it too.   💪

Serbian media outlet Blic has reported that Tennis Australia is pushing the Victoria government to provide Novak Djokovic a medical exemption to play the Australian Open.

"Since the Australian Open organizers realized that not having the world No. 1 and the record Australian Open champion would be a major blow for the tournament, they are negotiationg [sic] with the authorities to provide the Serbian tennis player a medical exemption," Blic's report read. Also, Blic said from the sources close to the organization they learned that the Victoria government is "close to softening their stance" and allow [sic] "special rules" for Djokovic and several other top players.

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Novak_Djokovic/106929/authorities-close-to-softening-and-providing-novak-djokovic-medical-exemption-/

neptune

Back to top Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:14 pm

So, Djokovic is going to play in the Australian Open after all!  Shocked   While I'm glad that he refused to get the jab, it's a disgrace that he's taking advantage of preferential treatment.

Djokovic should be applying pressure for every player to receive an exemption who doesn't want to get the jab.  So, Herbert, Sandgren, and Gadecki don't get to play, but Djokovic does?  And is Djokovic doing anything to stand up for them?  Nope.    Evil or Very Mad

A few months ago, Djokovic made this "noble" statement:

We are a conformist society, we always prefer to join the herd than to get out of it.  Instead of saying, 'This is wrong, it’s not fair, I will fight for this other one, who is less fortunate than me,' they choose the easier way.  I know that I am a thorn on the side of many, I am trying to expose the monopoly that has been in our sport for many years. . . .  That's why this little guy from Serbia is here to intervene and to show them how it should be done.

Sorry, Djokovic, but what you said is nothing but hot air.   Razz   For your failure to stand up for your fellow players who are opposed to getting the jab, it's obvious that, like most top athletes, you care only about yourself.   Sad

Well, I won't be following this totalitarian tournament at all.  So, the correct answer to "Who will win the 2022 Australian Dungeon, er, Open?" is:  "Who cares??"   🤮

Tennis player Andrea Jaeger once made this insightful statement in an interview:  "You have to be selfish to succeed in an individual sport."  Right on, Andrea.  👍   I don't care how many Grand Slam titles you win—if you don't have the guts to stand up for the rights of your fellow players not to be injected with an experimental substance, then you're not a GOAT in any way that really counts. tongue

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Someone made this perceptive comment on another board:  👍

I can't believe others can't or wont see this as Djokovic kowtowing and becoming part of the establishment. The evidence is both voluminous and irrefutable. . . .

He hasn't come out and said I don't believe in the vaccination. Instead he's resorted to this lickspittle, kiss ass BS.

He regularly states he wants tighter doping controls. At AO 2022 he hides behind a medical exemption and in turn campaigns for the system he opposed; a system that will allow any paid off Doctor to allow you to dope, get a TUE or get a medical exemption for the Vaccination. This is his most egregious concession.

He revealed detailed info about his medical condition in his book, and has urged for transparency and sharing info around health for the benefit of all throughout his life. At AO 2022, even before the tournament, he did a volte face on supporting this and sold out this principle to the AO so he didn't have to reveal his vaccine status and could play.

Forms PTPA with overarching aims around transparency and equitable treatment for all players. By playing AO 2022 he now effectively campaigns for the opaque ATP system and throws all his fellow players who can't get his privileged medical exemption at AO 2022 under the bus.  By playing he seemingly supports vaccine apartheid? Some players are already making comments along these lines. What about the players who have Sputnik or are too young to have been offered the vaccine in their countries and can't play?

He has betrayed all of what he once stood for. He should've pointed out the absurdity of the situation and told them to shove it - if that is his belief. Then a statement saying this is what I and the PTPA stand for; the reason we are campaigning or even striking. We wont tolerate a two tier system etc...

The emperor has no clothes! He clearly sold out so he could play the tournament...

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:36 pm

On the bright side of today's news, at least Tennys Sandgren did the genuine anti-establishment thing.  👍   He may not always seem like the nicest or most diplomatic guy, but good for him for standing up for his principles.   👏

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 Tennys-sandgren-ready-for-roger-federer-challenge-at-australian-open

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:58 pm

Well, I was as surprised as anyone by the circus swirling around Djokovic in Australia.  Shocked

There are so many conflicting reports. scratch First, we hear that his team made a "mistake" when applying for his visa.  Then we have the so-called prime minister who's saying that Djokovic never had an exemption in the first place, because his evidence for getting one was "insufficient."   Rolling Eyes   Well, based on what I've seen, it seems that the lunatics are running the asylum in Australia!!   🤪

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 Melbourne_airport_djokovic_0601-ysolNu-696x465

Some are speculating that Djokovic was set up, which may well be true.  Now the issue is supposed to go to court, with his lawyers prepared for a stiff challenge.  To show the world what a fascist abyss Australia has become, it might be best if they do send Djokovic home.  I mean, he shouldn't be playing in that crazed tournament anyway.  And if he doesn't get to play, then 1) the results of the men's tournament will have a big asterisk and 2) Djokovic's popularity may actually skyrocket, because he looks like a victim.  🤕

In the long run, it's probably good that this incident happened, if only to help wake up the sheeple.  🐑

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:45 am

While Djokovic, like most top athletes, has shown that he's very self-centered, he's definitely not stupid.  In fact, he looks like a total genius compared with Nadal.   Speaking of whom, here's the "stupid quote of the day" by Uncle Toni's nephew, who talks as if he would've been right at home following government orders back in Nazi Germany:  clown

The world in my opinion has been suffering enough to not follow the rules. After a lot of people have been dying for two years, my feeling is the vaccine is the only way to stop this pandemic.

"That's what the people who understand this say, and I am no-one to create a different opinion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59892388

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:38 am

Speaking of stupid quotes, Djokovic's father Srdjan came out with a whopper recently:  

"Jesus was crucified on the cross, and everything was done to him, but he is alive among us even now.  Now Novak is being crucified."   🤔

And many fans are even agreeing with this!   Surprised   Sadly, modern society seems to be very confused about what constitutes an actual hero.

Being a hero requires sacrifice.  For instance, if you plunge ahead into a burning building, risking your life to save a total stranger, that's heroic.  Why?  Because you had nothing to gain by doing that.  You made a pure sacrifice to help someone else.  On the other hand, if a firefighter goes into a burning building to save someone, is that heroic?  No, because that's his job.  If he ends up saving someone, then he's doing his job—and doing it very well.  But that doesn't make him a hero, because it's something he's paid to do.  

As for Jesus, according to Christian tradition, he willingly lowered himself and came to this earth in order to live a painful life and die an excruciating death—all to redeem fallen mankind.  That should be considered the ultimate act of selflessness.  Why?  Because there was nothing in it for him.  It was 100% sacrifice.  

Now, let's move on to Djokovic.  When he got on that plane to go to Australia, was he thinking, "I don't want to do this, because there's absolutely nothing in it for me, but I have to go to that repulsive country in order to fight for the right of my fellow players"??  Of course not.  Very Happy  He did it because he wanted to win a record 10th Australian Open.  And there's nothing sacrificial or noble about that.  

Okay, let's talk now about what it means to be a victim.  In the world of sports, a couple of people come to mind.  In 1993, as we all know, Monica Seles was playing in a tournament in Germany, minding her own business, when a crazed fan stabbed her during a changeover.  And then the next year, figure skater Nancy Kerrigan was at an arena in Detroit, ready to defend her national title and make a bid for the Olympic Team, when a thug brutally clubbed her on the knee.

Both Seles and Kerrigan were complete victims.  Did they do anything to contribute to what happened to them?  No—they were entirely innocent.  That doesn't make them heroes, of course, but it does make them deserving of genuine sympathy.  

Djokovic's situation is closer to this category.  While pursuing his career goals, he gets blindsided by Australian authorities.  However, one could cite something called contributory negligence, which is the "failure of an injured plaintiff to act prudently."

There are several possibilities:

1)  Did someone on Djokovic's team mess up the paperwork?  If so, then they deserve their fair share of the blame.  (We still don't know the answer, though.)

2)  Before leaving for Australia, why did he decide to broadcast his "medical exemption" on all these stupid "social media" sites?   Surprised   If he'd stayed quiet, maybe there wouldn't have been such an uproar about him entering Australia.

3)  Anyone with half a brain can see how totalitarian the Australian government has become.  Did he not realize that, by trying to play in the Australian Open, which is basically practicing "vaccine apartheid," he was potentially opening himself up to some serious trouble?

Whether he deserves any blame or not, Djokovic has become something of a victim.  Not a pure victim, like Seles or Kerrigan, but a victim of an oppressive government that has no use for athletes who don't want to be bullied into getting jabbed.  

Anyway, if he had decided to boycott the Australian Open to stand up for the rights of his fellow players, that would have been extremely admirable.  However, as it stands right now, while in some ways Djokovic can be considered a victim, it makes little sense to call him a hero.  Besides, is his life in danger?  Last time I checked, not exactly.   Wink

In a nutshell, if you think there's a lot of similarity between what Djokovic is now going through in Australia and the crucifixion of Christ, then I would like to sell you the Grand Canyon—at a reduced price.   😂

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:04 pm

Someone wrote this perceptive comment today:

Double standard?

Djokovic - Hero, Jesus, Fighter and etc
Herbert - fool, idiot, antivaxxer and etc

👍

I still hope Djokovic's lawyers sock it to the Australian dictatorship, though. 😁

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:41 pm

OK, here's what's really going on behind the scenes in Australia.   😆

Warning:  Although quite funny, this video has more than just a little coarse language.  

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:18 pm

Here's a new interview featuring Tennys Sandgren, who talks about his refusal to play in the Australian Open, the Djokovic saga, etc.  He sounds like a very thoughtful guy.   👍

Unfortunately, the interviewer, Glenn Greenwald, parrots a lot of misinformation put out by the mainstream media.  clown    But at least his guest is worth listening to.  Wink

A couple of insightful comments under the video:

I'm a US History teacher, and it blows my mind how my colleagues and I teach about fascism every year, and how it is predicated on the creation of an "in" group and "out" group... and they see no connection to how we are currently doing that *exact* thing based on vaccine status. They say "this time it's different, because it's not based on ethnicity, the unvaccinated actually carry disease and are to blame for this pandemic!" when Hitler literally used health/disease/pestilence as reasoning for holocaust of Jews, gays, gypsies, etc.

This is exactly what's happening and it still blows my mind that some of my friends who have fathers and mothers who escaped concentration camps who are in full support of showing this vaccine passport.

My grandmother escaped the camps and my grandfather was a war general fighting Nazis. In their honour I will continue that fight any way I can because history is repeating itself.

I can't believe how easily police are able to treat citizens like animals and not see that tomorrow they will be in the crossfires the moment they disagree with the elites.

It truly feels like people are under a spell.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Saw this interesting comment recently:

If Novak won the CYGS he wouldn't have received 5% of the attention [he's getting now].

That's probably true.  And even if he does manage to stay in Australia, how can he play his best under these crazy conditions?   cyclops

Of course, I think Djokovic should certainly fight deportation by the totalitarian regime.  But then he should probably just leave on his own as a statement of protest—and never come back.  That way he can still go home with his head held high.  💪   No doubt most of his fans would keep supporting him, and even many of his detractors would likely respect such a decision.

Anyway, my main beef with Djokovic is that, like most top athletes, he seems to care only about himself.   geek    Here are some examples.

1) The right thing to do was to boycott the Australian Open until it changes its policies to allow all players who don't want to be jabbed to compete.  But obviously Djokovic was not willing to make such a sacrifice.  In other words, he sold out.   Surprised

2) I heard that, while being detained in Australia, he's been locked up with other refugees too.  So, has he spoken out against the kind of treatment they're receiving?  🤔

3) I read that an event in Serbia that he was sponsoring was handing out free Covid-19 jabs.  Now, let's ask this question:  "If you believe that something is harmful and don't want to take it, why exactly would you make it easy for someone else to do so?"  confused   Now, I'm not saying that Djokovic should be telling other players what to do, unless they ask for his advice.  However, I think the fact that he was bankrolling Covid-19 jabs for other players in Serbia is extremely hypocritical.  So, what was his motivation to do so?  I can only conclude one thing:  To be liked.  Rolling Eyes

Here's an analogy.  Let's say you believe that GMO food is harmful and refuse to eat it.  Well, would you also throw a party and serve GMO food to all your guests?  Not if you care anything about them.   Wink   Or let's say that you believe that smoking is harmful.  So, would you then buy a smoker a pack of cigarettes for his birthday?    🚬

In a nutshell, I think this quote from Martin Luther King, Jr., applies:  

Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:47 pm

This says it all:   Razz

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 20220116_183020-jpg

Anyway, as outrageous as the "decision" was, maybe Djokovic needed to be shaken awake to the evil of the Nazi Australian "government."  It's obvious that he won't be visiting Australia again.  And I feel sorry for anybody who follows this "tournament."   clown

The event should be snatched from Australia permanently and moved to some place sane.  Hopefully this is the final edition of the "Australian Open."  🤮

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:36 am

Oh man, I haven't been here for so long. Neither have I cared about tennis but I just have to comment on this.

Regardless of whether you like Djokovic, or his whatever flaws, he had a valid medical exemption. And then some asshole immigration minister appears and just takes it away with a snap of his finger. How is it allowed to reverse a COURT DECISION like this?!

If I were Djokovic, yes, I would've probably boycotted too. But logically and legally, he should be allowed to play.

There's a crusade against the unvaccinated, worldwide, so of course the elites had to find some way to kick him out.

Also, hi neptune, nice to see you still here.

I would post this on MTF but I don't go to that cesspool of COVID fearmongers anymore.

bighax
Admin

https://tennisdoping.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 pm

Oh man, I haven't been here for so long. Neither have I cared about tennis but I just have to comment on this.

Oh, you're still alive?  Cool.   Cool   I honestly didn't know—thought you might've gotten the jab and possibly expired or something.   Neutral  

Regardless of whether you like Djokovic, or his whatever flaws, he had a valid medical exemption. And then some asshole immigration minister appears and just takes it away with a snap of his finger. How is it allowed to reverse a COURT DECISION like this?!

Welcome to Nazi Australia!  

But logically and legally, he should be allowed to play.

Of course.  This edition of the tournament is invalid because it's not "open."  So, regardless of who holds the trophy, there is no official "winner."   tongue  

There's a crusade against the unvaccinated, worldwide, so of course the elites had to find some way to kick him out.

You nailed it!  👍

Also, hi neptune, nice to see you still here.

Thanks, bighax—glad you're still alive and kicking too.  Wink

I would post this on MTF but I don't go to that cesspool of COVID fearmongers anymore.

Well, I still visit, but haven't posted there in about 14 months—and don't ever plan to again.  I've concluded that only about 20% of the posters there can be classified as "reasonably intelligent."   clown

You know, it's kind of funny.  Earlier today, I sent Paul McNamee, the former director of the Australian Open, an e-mail telling him what a joke the tournament has become, that it should be "deported" from Australia, and that I will be boycotting it as a fan.  I said that the tournament is now "dead" to me—and that I believe many other fans feel the same way.  😆

The good news is that, since I'm boycotting the tournament and therefore must avoid seeing any results, I'll have to stay away from MTF for two whole weeks.  Obviously, I'll find out the results eventually, but not while that sham is going on.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the vacation.   🏝

P.S. I'm such an idiot. When replying to your post, I clicked "Edit" again. clown Well, at least I tried to reconstruct what you wrote. Sorry. Someday, I believe I'll get it right! 😅

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:49 pm

It's official—the "Australian Open" is now a Grand Sham.  🤪

From Tennys Sandgren:  

I wish I was there just so I could pull out.  I guess solidarity is only cool when it comes with a check.

Well, it's looking like, of the top male players, only Tennys Sandgren has both courage and integrity.   👏   Honestly, if another of the Serbian players had been deported instead of Djokovic, does anyone really believe Mr. #1 would've pulled out?  I don't.   Neutral

Also, has Margaret Court commented on Djokovic's deportation yet?  🤔 As someone who's been a victim of that Commie regime herself, she really should at least say something.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:58 pm

I'm thinking this whole thing was about compliance. Making an example out of a big celebrity to teach people that the unvaccinated won't be tolerated. They put him in a "torture cell" for 4 days (https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/australia/australian-detainees-hopeful-of-redressal-after-novak-djokovic-kept-in-same-torture-cell-articleshow.html) and then Hawke himself admitted Djokovic is getting deported entirely because he might spread anti-vaccine beliefs (https://www.insider.com/aus-minister-djokovic-could-foster-anti-vaccine-sentiment-2022-1).

I really hope Djokovic takes one for the team and boycotts the French Open assuming it requires being vaccinated, as well. I'm also disappointed none of the other players have grown a spine and left the swamp known as Australian Closed.

Last edited by bighax on Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inserting links)

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:53 am

bighax wrote:I'm thinking this whole thing was about compliance.

Of course it was.  Get a load of this comment from another Web site:

Zverev said in his press conf that players are not being tested and if they were probably more people would come out to be positive… this proves there really is no fear of any virus and the whole thing was scheme to trap and cancel Novak Djokovic. If they really truly feared a virus, if it really existed, wouldn’t they have canceled the whole tournament?
------------

Making an example out of a big celebrity to teach people that the unvaccinated won't be tolerated. They put him in a "torture cell" for 4 days

Wow, didn't know those details!   Surprised    From the article:

Several refugees and asylum seekers have been held in detention for up to nine years. . . .  Back in December, it was reported that meals with maggots and mouldy bread were being served to detainees at the hotel, with some getting sick from the food.

What a Face  😳 

And this is what Djokovic had to say after the decision to deport him:

I am uncomfortable that the focus of the past weeks has been on me and I hope that we can all now focus on the game and tournament I love.

Sorry, but that's the wrong answer.  Rolling Eyes   Why is he trying to make nice?  Well, it's not hard to figure out.  Instead, he should be speaking out against this abuse like Sandgren (as in the video interview posted last week in this thread)—if not for himself than for the sake of other victims.  In fact, the latter even said that he won't be watching the "tournament."  💪   Unfortunately, Djokovic seems to be afraid to speak what he really thinks.  😬

and then Hawke himself admitted Djokovic is getting deported entirely because he might spread anti-vaccine beliefs

Yep.  I mean, you can't make this stuff up, can ya?  Razz

I really hope Djokovic takes one for the team and boycotts the French Open assuming it requires being vaccinated

Oh, didn't you hear?  Don't have a link handy, but apparently within hours of Australia's decision to deport him, France passed a brand new "vaccine" law.   Suspect   Just a coincidence, right?   Basketball   It's obvious that the powers that be don't want him to break the Slam record.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the evil Federer is partly behind this sinister agenda.  👹

I'm also disappointed none of the other players have grown a spine and left the swamp known as Australian Closed.

Disappointing, but not really surprising.  As someone said on another board, tennis is an individual sport, so ultimately almost nobody is going to care about supporting their fellow players.  Unless a paycheck's attached, of course.  🤑   Andrea Jaeger had it right when she said that you have to be selfish to succeed at an individual sport.

Pro tennis is destroying itself.  And Djokovic's career could well be over, but so what?  He's not hurting for money.  Ultimately, should he continue to do so, he'll be remembered far more for taking a stand—at least by those people whose opinions actually matter—than for his tennis records.  Of course, if he's doping, then his "records" don't mean a whole lot anyway.  Wink

So glad that I'm "boycotting" this joke of a tournament.  Although I can't completely avoid all the headlines, I haven't followed any of the results, so I don't know any details.  I don't really care who wins, just as long as it's not Nadal.  Surprised   And I don't miss MTF at all.   Laughing  

Anyway, if this "vaccination" trend for pro tennis continues, I may well stop following it entirely.  🚫    What's more, it may actually be a good thing that all this lunacy is exposing pro tennis (not to mention other sports) for the greedy, corrupt institution that it really is.   💰

It seems obvious that sports heroes, no matter how accomplished, are almost never role models.  And of the top male singles players, the only one that I can at least somewhat look up to at this point is Tennys Sandgren.  🖖  Not to say he's a saint or anything, but right now, he seems to be the only one with enough courage to do the right thing.   Incidentally, I heard that 97 out of the top 100 players have "vaccine" certificates (some are likely faked), but I'm not sure who the third dissenter might be.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:42 am

Apparently Djokovic owns a huge stake in a biotech company developing a treatment for Covid-19.  😏

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/19/novak-djokovic-stake-biotech-firm-quantbiores-covid

Novak Djokovic is the controlling shareholder in a Danish biotech firm aiming to develop a treatment for Covid-19 that does not involve vaccination, it has emerged.

The world No 1, who was deported from Australia this week after the government cancelled his visa in a dispute over a medical exemption relating to his unvaccinated status, bought an 80% stake in QuantBioRes in 2020.

Ivan Loncarevic, the company’s chief executive, confirmed the investment to Reuters. He subsequently told the Financial Times that he had not spoken to Djokovic, who has won more than $150m in prize money, since November and that the tennis star was “not anti-vax”.

Couple of questions:

1) How does the CEO know for sure that Djokovic isn't "anti-vax"?   🤔

2) If Djokovic is in fact "anti-vax," what exactly is wrong with that?   scratch

I'm so sick of these wimpy statements like, "I'm not anti-vax, BUT . . ." or "Player X is NOT anti-vax."  It's like, get a life!!  Rolling Eyes  Why are these people so afraid of thinking differently than the crowd—or of others who do??   Mad

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:54 pm

This article offers an interesting theory:  Djokovic planned the whole deportation drama just to drum up sales for the Danish biotech firm in which he's the controlling shareholder.  🤔

https://eraoflight.com/2022/01/21/was-tennis-star-novak-djokovics-media-coverage-in-australia-all-a-show-to-promote-his-new-biotech-pharmaceutical-company/

A big problem with this theory is that the author knows almost nothing about tennis.  Would Djokovic really throw away his chance at 1) a record tenth Australian title and 2) a record 21st Slam just on the off chance that he could earn a lot of money from his investment? confused

Seems kinda far-fetched, doncha think?  Wink

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:14 pm

With all the lunacy going on, is it even possible that, without the jab, Djokovic would be allowed to defend his Wimbledon title?  Because some changes appear to be a-brewing in Britain, the answer seems to be  .  .  .  "yes."   study   In fact, even the French Open isn't completely out of the question.  🤔

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 Djokovic-wimbledon-hope-1

https://tennishead.net/novak-djokovic-offered-hope-of-wimbledon-defence-as-uk-plans-covid-easing/

The world number one could now have a shot at defending his 2021 Wimbledon title come June as the UK government announced changes to restrictions for entering the country.

As it stands, Djokovic could not enter the UK unvaccinated, but come 11th February new laws come into force that will allow unvaccinated people to enter the country, provided they test before and after arriving on British soil.

The plans were announced by UK Transport Secretary Grant Shapps.

“Today I can confirm that our international travel regime will now be liberalised as part our efforts to ensure that 2022 is the year in which restrictions on travel, on lockdowns and limits on people’s lives are firmly placed in the past,” Mr Shapps said in a statement to the UK parliament.

There is also the possibility that Djokovic would be permitted to defend his 2021 Roland Garros title after a shift in French regulations suggested that their now compulsory vaccine passes might be attainable with proof of a positive Covid test within the past six months.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:12 am

neptune, you got your wish. Rafael Nadal claims the trophy Twisted Evil

First slam decided on the politician's chair instead of the tennis court? Since I doubt he'd have beaten Djokovic.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:27 am

bighax wrote:neptune, you got your wish. Rafael Nadal claims the trophy Twisted Evil

Actually, bighax, I think you mean the "trophy."   Laughing  

I didn't follow the Asterisk Open at all, and had no idea who was even playing in the final.  I just assumed Medvedev would win it all.  

So, let's see . . . Nadal had to withdraw from the tour last year because of "injuries."  Then he mounts a Federer-style 2017 comeback to win an asterisked title.   😏   He couldn't be doping at all, could he?   Naaaaaaaaaah.   Rolling Eyes   I tell you what—Lazarus had nothing on Nadal!   😄

I've always secretly hoped to make a clean break from following pro tennis, and this big farce just might do it for me!!   🤣

First slam decided on the politician's chair instead of the tennis court?

Indeed.  Welcome to the Closed Era!  

Since I doubt he'd have beaten Djokovic.

Very unlikely.  In fact, he probably wouldn't have even made the final.  Anyway, the correct answer now to the question "Who holds the Slam record?" is:  "Who cares?"  🤪   Pro tennis has about as much credibility now as pro wrestling.   clown

"Pro" tennis is destroying itself.  And frankly, it deserves to die a painful death.  Razz

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:42 am

Today we have an interesting tennis article that combines French, Spanish, and English.  😆

A lot of folks, including many fans of Djokovic, have been saying that the rumor is that he plans to get jabbed.  Well, hold your horses  🐎, dudes, because this story contradicts that whole idea.  

Incidentally, it's sad that so many fans who are calling for Djokovic to get jabbed seem to think that principles don't matter—only Grand Slam titles do.  Rolling Eyes   It's just like Madonna said in an interview many years ago:  "We all seem to be obsessed with fame just for the sake of fame, no matter what—sell your soul to the devil if that’s what it takes."   Crying or Very sad  

Glad to hear that Djokovic does seem to want to stick to his guns at least.  👍  Now, Nole, please start caring about other people besides yourself and speak out about the horrific conditions that detainees in Awfulstralia have been enduring—many of them for years.   Shocked

Anyway, gotta love this sentence near the end of the article, n'est-ce pas?  

Ils ne savent pas comment et où le biographe a pu obtenir cette fake news. All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 Laugh1

https://www.welovetennis.fr/atp/djokovic-et-le-vaccin-mise-au-point-de-son-entourage

Djokovic and the vaccine, clarification of his entourage

On Wednesday, Daniel Müksch, author of a biography on Novak Djokovic, assured that the Serb had made the decision to be vaccinated. He insinuated that this change of mind was perhaps dictated by the 21st Grand Slam title of Rafael Nadal.

José Manuel Amorós, a journalist from Cuatro, decided to investigate. And he contradicted the information after contacting the entourage of the world number 1.

"Anything can happen in the future, but for now, getting vaccinated is not an option," Nole's relatives assured [the journalist].

They do not know how and where the biographer could get this fake news.

DJOKOVIC CASE.

▪ Djokovic did not watch the final.

▪ I am told, verbatim, that "he is like a dog waiting for the hare to come out."

▪ They confirm that he will play in Dubai from February 14.
--------------------
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:30 pm

Saw this perceptive comment today:

It's common knowledge fake vaccines are available for the privileged class. . . .

All sportifs [sic] by now are scared to death of vaccines and are probably getting fake certificates by the thousands - with the benediction of their sponsors and trainers to boot.

So . . . did Nadal or Federer actually get jabbed?  Probably not—or if they did, it was just a placebo.  👺

Now, let's pick a lower-ranked player—say, Laslo Djere.  Did he actually get jabbed?  Hard to say.  Maybe, maybe not.   🤔

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:01 pm

Looks like we may have a new scandal brewing here:  Hungarian players and coaches getting fake "vax" certificates.  Shocked    Well, as long as Djokovic isn't involved, I guess the media doesn't really care.  Wink

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 5 49e57220-f637-11eb-89ee-29eafef1298f

The Hungarian Tennis Federation has launched an urgent investigation into claims that national players and coaches were provided with fake COVID-19 documentation in order to travel abroad.

It is understood that multiple players and coaches could be involved in the scandal, including some of those who participated in last year’s Davis Cup finals. Less than a week ago website 24.hu published a letter purportedly sent by Katalin Marosi, a national team coordinator and former tennis player who reached a ranking high of 33 in the doubles back in 2013.

In the summer of 2021 Marosi allegedly sent an email to players and their parents requesting their details. Including their name, number, date of birth, address, and mother’s name. It is claimed that these details were used to construct the fake certificates on what was described as an ‘industrial scale.’ . . .

Gábor Köves was the captain of the Hungarian Davis Cup team last year when they played in the finals. Speaking on the matter, he raised suspicions about the documentation when he himself could have been given one. Even though he didn’t require one due to being fully vaccinated.

“Before the Davis Cup in Turin, as a man with full protection, three vaccinations, I was handed a piece of paper that I didn’t need, I could have traveled without it. Only someone who had not been vaccinated at all needed a home-made PCR test to enter. I found it all weird because the directors did PCR tests on the spot,” Koves told 24.hu.

Following the revelation, the Magyar Tenisz Szövetség (MTSZ), known better as the Hungarian Tennis Federation, held an emergency meeting on Friday. Afterwards a statement was issued confirming that Marosi has been fired from her role with immediate effect. . . .

A criminal investigation is now likely to be launched.

https://www.ubitennis.net/2022/02/hungarian-tennis-rocked-by-allegations-of-fake-covid-19-certificates-being-issued-to-players-and-coaches/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum