All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

+2
neptune
bighax
6 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:57 pm

Taylor Fritz seems to be angling for attention.  Or, to put it more bluntly, he seems to be virtue-signaling.  Razz  Basically, he's painting himself as a champion of "gay rights," wondering why there are seemingly no homosexual tennis players in the top 100.  

What he's doing is inappropriate on several levels.  Besides his outright smarminess, it's likely that his strings are being pulled by his sponsor Nike.  In other words, he's just a puppet for a larger political agenda.  🎭  And what business is it of his whether there are any homosexual players in tennis?  Homosexuality isn't a benign characteristic like race, skin color, or hair color.  In other words, there's no credible scientific evidence that anybody is born homosexual.  What he's doing is similar to saying, "I wonder why there seem to be no alcoholics among the top 100 players?  We'd welcome them if there were any.  Statistically speaking, there really should be some!!"   clown

It's obvious that Fritz's "interest" in finding homosexual players is entirely self-centered—he just wants to be the next big American star.  And what better way to get there than by riding the "gay rights" train?  Rolling Eyes  Basically, he should just butt out.  While I don't support special rights for homosexuals, it's none of my business what they choose to do in private.  In the same way, whatever players do in their private lives—including who they choose to associate with—is really none of Fritz's business either.    Nosy Neighbor

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Image?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdropvolleyhit.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F06%2Ftaylor-fritz

Top ranked American tennis star Taylor Fritz made some controversial comments about the complete lack of any homosexual tennis players in the ATP.

Taylor Fritz said to Clay Magazine: “I’m not sure if there are homosexual players in the top 100. Statistically speaking, they [sic] should be. I feel like a player would be accepted. Myself and other players on tour wouldn’t have any issues with it, it would be normal and I think people would be accepting.”

Fritz is trying to be politically correct by pushing, promoting and popularizing the homosexual agenda into the news. He’s also trying to promote himself and his brand image as a heroic supporter of the homosexual lifestyle choice.

But he may have also made a mistake in doing so. Because he’s pointing out a truth – that there are zero male tennis players in the ATP who are homosexual. This fact suggests male professional tennis players reject homosexuality and are homophobic.

In every other professional sport, homosexual males have outed themselves but this has not happened in the ATP.

https://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/is-the-atp-homophobic-by-nature/

neptune

Back to top Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:43 am

Djokovic is said to have "bulked up" recently, and here's what that looks like:

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 6b77ea50-eb58-4d02-b563-12fac815fe72-jpeg

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Bfa7bb3b-58da-49c5-9e53-d5ac98499e37-jpeg

Rather than "bulking up," it's more like he just looks healthy and not emaciated for once.   😄   And while I believe that all the top players are doping—including Djokovic—it's interesting how he's never accumulated much in the way of muscle mass if he's doing so.  Why is that?  Well, that's an excellent question that I don't really have an answer to.  Wink

It's definitely a big step forward that everyone—jabbed or not—can participate in the Australian Open this month, but as long as you still have tournaments (especially Grand Slams) that ban certain players, tennis is still a big joke and not worth following.  I mean, all tournaments should be stripped from the U.S. at this point.  Razz   It's also goofy that Russian players have to compete as "neutral" players in Australia, but at least there's still that option for them.

As for Nadal, it seems that he's looking more and more washed up by the month. 🥴   So, the odds of him defending his phony "title" from last year are pretty dismal.  In fact, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he retired in the next year or so.  rendeer   And if Djokovic manages to snatch the trophy in Melbourne in a few weeks, that would only add to the Spaniard's malaise.  😂

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:10 am

One year ago:  Doesn't matter how healthy you are—if you haven't taken the dangerous, experimental jabs, which are at best totally ineffective, then don't you even THINK of coming to Australia to play tennis.   Twisted Evil

This year:  Hey, you don't need to be jabbed to come Down Under.  And we don't even care if you have Covid, so we're not going to bother to test you.  Just show up in Melbourne with your racket, clothes, and coach.  Don't worry, be happy!!!   sunny

Actually,  I don't have a problem with them not testing for Covid, because the tests are not only inaccurate, but also dangerous. 🧐  You can watch this video to learn more about the problematic Covid tests:

https://rumble.com/vrn7il-americas-frontline-doctor-the-covid-tests-are-not-only-inaccurate-but-dange.html

Anyway, I would say to just use the common-sense approach:  If you're really sick and coughing up a lot of mucus, then you should probably just skip (or withdraw from) the tournament.  However, if you have only mild symptoms, then it's likely okay to compete, unless your symptoms worsen.

My main point here, though, is to point out the complete 180 that's happened in just one year in Australia, where it seems that the lunatics are running the asylum!!

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.vecteezy.com%2Fsystem%2Fresources%2Fpreviews%2F002%2F495%2F008%2Flarge_2x%2Fcrazy-face-emoji-with-tongue-out-free-vector

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Bqsh6vpdsfntwbko_1673252758

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:00 pm

Wow—an article about Djokovic is even showing up in health news!!  😏

As for the sorry news itself, I'm ashamed to live in a country where we have a senile Resident—not a President—who is a puppet of the Chinese Communist Party.  Razz  Anyway, as long as this farce continues, the U.S. should be stripped of all pro tennis tournaments.  🚫

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Djokovic-e1659599695118

Punishing Novak: US Extends Senseless Vax Travel Requirement

Many people who refused the gene therapy jab have lost their jobs, standing in the community, military status and even family relationships. In the sports arena, world-class tennis player and 21-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic has forfeited his eligibility to play in key tournaments, again.

Djokovic will likely miss the Indian Wells and Miami Open, since U.S. travel authorities have extended the shot requirement for non-U.S. nationals to enter the country.  Djokovic has natural immunity, after having had COVID-19.

According to Dr. Hooman Noorchashm, cardiac surgeon and patient advocate, there is a “clear and present danger” for individuals who have had the infection and subsequently get the injection.  He has repeatedly warned the FDA that naturally infected individuals’ responses to the injections are reactivated by the injection, and can trigger a significant inflammatory response in areas where viral antigens are present. . . .

As it currently stands, the CDC continues to push universal injections without regard to past infection status. As far as they’re concerned, natural immunity is not adequate, which is not the case in Switzerland where, as The Lancet reports, citizens who can show a positive PCR test in the past 12 months after an active infection are considered as equally protected as those who took the shot.

This is only one aspect of the controversy around the COVID-19 shot. While vaccines have always been controversial, the topic reached a fever pitch in 2021, when it became sacrilegious to speak out or even question the safety and efficacy of this gene therapy jab. Investigative journalist Paul Thacker calls it “the Great Vaccine Scare — hysteria about any and all vaccine criticism.”

Proof of the Jab Is Mandated Until April 10, 2023

While Djokovic’s decision to reject the jab may have had a significant impact on his tennis career, he says his choice is reflective of his lifestyle. “… the principles of decision making on my body are more important than any title or anything else,” he told the BBC. “I'm trying to be in tune with my body as much as I possibly can.”

He has always been a great student of wellness, well-being, health [and] nutrition, he said.  So, his decision not to take the shot was influenced by the positive impact he experienced with his athletic performance by changing other things in his life, like his diet and sleeping patterns.

As it is, unless the CDC backs down, Djokovic will not be able to enter the U.S. until after April 10, 2023.  He experienced a similar circumstance in early 2022, when he traveled to Australia for the Australian Open. At the time, he submitted the required documentation to request an exemption.

The initial medical exemption was submitted anonymously, and it was approved by two independent panels. His travel documents included an error, which Djokovic said was not an intentional error. He told the BBC:

"So actually, what people probably don't know is that I was not deported from Australia on the basis that I was not vaccinated, or I broke any rules or that I made an error in my visa declaration. All of that was actually approved and validated by the Federal Court of Australia and the Minister for Immigration.”

Yet, many in the mainstream media reported Djokovic was deported, kicked out of the country or asked to leave because he was not vaccinated.10 Instead, Djokovic told the BBC:

“The reason why I was deported from Australia was because the Minister for Immigration used his discretion to cancel my visa based on his perception that I might create some anti-vax sentiment in the country or in the city, which I completely disagree with."

By Air, Sea or Land?

Djokovic didn’t play in the U.S. Open in August 2022, again because he refused to accept a gene therapy experiment in his body. He has spent more time ranked No. 1 than anyone else in the history of the Association of Tennis Professionals, but admirably chose to miss the U.S. Open to protect his right to make decisions about his body.

According to the CDC, the U.S. requires proof of vaccination for COVID-19 if people enter the country by air. Specifically, the CDC writes  "Requirement for proof of COVID-19 vaccination for air passengers [is] required for non-U.S. citizen[s], nonimmigrant passengers arriving from a foreign country to the United States by air."

This begs the question, what about people walking and driving across the border or arriving on ships? According to the CDC, they don’t count, as some noncitizens are exempt from this requirement and natural immunity is not one of the criteria.

https://www.1news.info/health-news/punishing-novak-us-extends-senseless-vax-travel-requirement-1322665

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:10 pm

Guess what?  Nadal is playing the injury card again.  It seems he had to query his extensive database to come up with a really good one.  And here's what popped up:  Grade 2 injury of the iliopsoas.  Shocked   Okay, what exactly is an iliopsoas??  It's a composite muscle that serves as the major flexor of the hip joint.  What's more, the "injury" supposed to get better right on time . . . for . . . clay . . . season.  😊

Well, someone made this hilarious comment about his "diagnosis" on another board:  

It's a particularly virulent strain of iliopsoas called notclaysobyebitchitis.

😆

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIF

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:05 pm

It seems that so many of the so-called tennis journalists are nothing but muckrakers.  Apparently Djokovic's father was spotted with some supporters of Putin in Australia, and these vipers just wanted to pounce on the news.  Rolling Eyes  And they were even trying rope Victoria Azarenka into their shenanigans.  Thankfully, though, she was smart enough not to take the bait, and really let a reporter have it.  😆

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Victoria-azarenka_1qg6kd9hu6mut11q45zvqvb9ym

Victoria Azarenka was not impressed with being asked a "provocative question" about a pro-Russia demonstration at the Australian Open after her semi-final defeat to Elena Rybakina. . . .

The 33-year-old's loss on Rod Laver Arena came after Novak Djokovic's father, Srdjan, was seen with supporters of Russian president Vladimir Putin at Melbourne Park. . . .

Azarenka was not happy with being asked about political issues during her post-match press conference.

She told a reporter: "You're here talking about it right now, so obviously it's a topic you want to continue to bring up and up and up again. I don't know what you want me to say."

Asked if Djokovic might be affected by the incident, Azarenka replied: "I don't know what it has to do with Novak at all, to be fair, so...

"I've spoken to actually a security guard today who was walking me to practice every day. I've known him for years. I just asked him what was the accident [sic]. He explained to me.

"I don't know what you guys want us to do about it. Like talk about it? I don't know what's the goal here that it's continuously brought up.

"These incidents that in my opinion have nothing to do with players, but somehow you keep dragging players into it.

"So what's the goal here? I think you should ask yourself that question, not me.

"Whatever the answer I'm going to give to you right now, it's going to be turned whichever way you want to turn it to. So does it bother me? What bothers me is there's real things that's going on in the world.

"I don't know. Are you a politician? Are you? Are you covering politics?"

When the reporter said: "No, I'm a sports journalist", Azarenka responded by saying:  "And I'm an athlete. You're asking me about things that maybe somebody says are in my control, but I don't believe that.

"I don't know what you want me to answer. If it's a provocative question, then you can spin the story however you want."

https://www.livescore.com/en/news/australian-open-azarenka-unhappy-with-provocative-probing-on-pro-russia-demonstration-2023012613035409389/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Just recently, Nick Kyrgios confessed to some really bad behavior.  And here's the part that's especially concerning:

"I was abusing alcohol a lot, drugs and that spiralled out of control . . ."

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 62750eb194a2c10018ee410f?width=1300&format=jpeg&auto=webp

https://www.insider.com/nick-kyrgios-details-mental-illness-self-harm-drug-alcohol-abuse-2022-5

So . . . you can just abuse drugs of any kind without penalty in the world of tennis???  🤔  On another board, someone made this perceptive comment:

Where is WADA btw?  Did their hi-tec labs malfunctioned to detect recreational drugs?
Or the ITF, ATP, Tennis Australia? . . .

But he admitted to take drugs and nothing happens?
I mean a "pro" athlete is admitting in court under oath to a slam dunk 2 year ban
and the ITF, ATP, tennis australia is doing nothing?

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:32 pm

In case you didn't know, earlier this year, Djokovic applied for a "vaccine waiver" in order to be able to play in the U.S. this spring.  And guess what?  He just got his "answer" back:  nada, no way, nyet, no-can-do!!   Rolling Eyes   As Gomer Pyle might've put it:

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

Someone made this apt comment about the "decision" on another board:

pfizer and moderna have spoken. but what else is new in the US of A?

But you know what?  This might actually be a blessing in disguise, because it lets Djokovic rest up for clay season, so that he can hopefully put the kibosh on Nadal's career in Paris this year.  🥊   Incidentally, Nadal has withdrawn from the very tournaments that Djokovic is trying to enter, supposedly because of "injury."  However, in typical Nadal fashion, he's been seen practicing industriously on clay courts in Spain.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  We've seen all this before.  😏  Nonetheless, I'm not so sure that we will see the perennially predictable outcome at Roland Garros this year.  

Novak Djokovic has reportedly been denied access to play Indian Wells and the Miami Open, for a second consecutive year, according to Florida senator Rick Scott.

Djokovic is not allowed access into the United States until the 11th May, due to his vaccination status, but applied for a ‘special exempt’ in a last-ditch effort to play the first two ATP Masters 1000 tournaments of the year.

The 22-time Grand Slam champion claimed that he was still awaiting the outcome, after his 2023 unbeaten streak came to an end against Daniil Medvedev in the Dubai semi-final.

However, the Floridian senator appears to have confirmed the outcome of this application, “BREAKING: We have been told that @DHSgov just denied @DjokerNole’s vaccine waiver request, making him ineligible to compete in the US next week in CA & in the @MiamiOpen.

He added, “@JoeBiden must fix this NOW, grant the waiver & allow him to compete here in the states.” . . .

It comes after the US Open, which Djokovic was unable to play last year, showed support for the No.1 with a post on social media.

The statement read, “Novak Djokovic is one the greatest champions our sport has ever seen.  The USTA and US Open are hopeful that Novak is successful in his petition to enter the country, and that the fans will be able to see him back in action at Indian Wells and Miami.” . . .

Despite receiving support, it appears that the five-time Indian Wells champion and six-time Miami Open winner will not be able to add to his tally this year.

Djokovic confirmed that if his application was unsuccessful he would withdraw before the draw was made for Indian Wells on Monday, something that the Serb did not do last year.

https://tennishead.net/novak-djokovic-reportedly-denied-access-to-play-indian-wells-and-miami/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:11 am

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has written a letter to that old goat  🐐   . . . er, Resident Biden, to allow Djokovic to play in Miami.  Doesn't look like that's going to happen, but at least he tried. 👍 You can click "play" below to listen to his letter.

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fny%2Fapi%2Fres%2F1.2%2FFSbwgKSztB4BhnftQXnVDg--%2FYXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTcyMA--%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fmedia.zenfs

https://brownstone.org/articles/ron-desantiss-letter-to-biden-on-novak-djokovic/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:52 pm

Can you believe it?  The so-called U.S. Senate actually did something right for once.  Shocked

The Covid "emergency" measures are soon to be lifted—on May 11, I believe—so now unjabbed folks, like Djokovic, can officially enter the sorry U.S. of A.  😏   Although, with all the political games and doping, tennis "results" have become basically meaningless, it's great to see that Djokovic should finally be able to play in New York again.  If he does, I hope gets the revenge he deserves.  Twisted Evil   As for him missing out on Indian Wells and Miami, no big loss.  

Hmm, I wonder how Nadal is taking this latest news??   😹

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwp.clutchpoints.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F03%2FNovak-Djokovic-receives-huge-US-Open-update

Novak Djokovic is set to get the green light to compete in the US Open among other American tournaments.

Djokovic hasn’t stepped foot on American soil since losing the 2021 US Open final against Daniil Medvedev.
As it is well-documented, the 22-time Grand Slam champion refused to take the jab and with COVID-19 measures from the United States requiring international visitors to show proof of vaccination, Djokovic has missed every American tournament since.

That changed on Wednesday as the Senate passed a bill ending COVID declarations put in place back in March 2020. The bill was cleared by the House of Representatives earlier this year and has now been sent to President Joe Biden who is expected to sign it.

Ultimately, this means U.S. agencies will clamp down on COVID measures and pave the way for Djokovic to take part in tournaments such as the US Open and Cincinnati Open.

In a recent interview with CNN, Novak Djokovic revealed he had no regrets about not taking the vaccine and missing a number of American tournaments as a result.

I have no regrets,” Djokovic said. “I’ve learned through life that regrets only hold you back and basically make you live in the past. And I don’t want to do that.

“… It’s a pity that I wasn’t able to play in Indian Wells [and] Miami. I love those tournaments. I had plenty of success there. But at the same time, it is the conscious decision I made and I knew that there is always a possibility that I won’t go. And it is the current state or current situation that I hope will change for later this year.”

https://clutchpoints.com/novak-djokovic-receives-huge-us-open-update

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:41 pm

Actually, it seems I may have spoken too soon about Djokovic playing in the U.S. Open this year.  Apparently he's now changed his mind about playing tennis and has decided to pursue a music career with pianist Lola Astanova instead!!!  😱

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Lola_w10

Last edited by neptune on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:28 pm

Well, guess what—according to Uncle Toni, his precious nephew is still planning to play the French Open after all.  My, isn't it just amazing how, no matter how "injured" he claims to be, he always seems to pull himself into shape toward the end of May??  😘  I'm still not totally convinced he can win, though.  I guess the big question will be whether he shows up in Rome or not.

As an aside, here's a little something interesting about tennis that I read recently.  Did you know that one thing that distinguishes pro players from amateurs is speed??  Okay, so far so good.  But get this—did you realize that the pros are better because they're slower???  scratch

A professional tennis player has about 500 milliseconds to return a serve. A tennis court is 78 feet baseline-to-baseline, and professional tennis serves come in at well over 100 miles per hour. Most of us would say that a professional tennis player is better than an amateur because they are so fast. But, in fact, what I found and what the studies of superfast athletes show is that they are better because they are slow. They are able to perfect their stroke and response to free up as much time as possible between the actual service of the ball and the last possible millisecond when they have to return it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-procrastination-is-good-for-you-2102008/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri May 05, 2023 11:51 am

Well, apparently Nadal has dropped out of Rome, citing a "hip injury."  🍝 Surprised    So . . . has he ever entered Roland Garros before with zero match preparation??  🤔

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Aps-ten-FrenchOpen-GR-052523-ph02

A reliable source said he heard a rumor that Nike is going to buy Nadal "#23" in Paris.  Of course, he admits it's just a rumor.  In addition, he said that Nadal may be skipping Rome not because he's injured but because he knows Roland Garros is already sewed up for him, and he doesn't want to risk actually injuring himself there.  He also believes there's basically no chance Nadal doesn't show up in Paris.  What's more, he stated that, concerning the Djokovic camp, lately Goran Ivanisevic seems to be AWOL, while Pepe Imaz has returned.  🍿

I tend to agree that unless Nadal's in a wheelchair or something, he'll show up in Paris.  Wink  And if there are any shenanigans going on to hand him the title, I hope they fail!!  🥴

Last edited by neptune on Fri May 26, 2023 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed May 17, 2023 3:45 pm

Interesting that Nadal has called a press conference for tomorrow concerning his participation in the French Open.  🍿  Could be big news.  I mean, does anybody ever call a press conference to say that they will be participating in a tournament as planned?  Wink

Well, if he withdraws from Roland Garros, then you know something's seriously wrong.   Suspect

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 AA1a8IJX

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri May 26, 2023 11:13 pm

Well, it's old news now, but Nadal withdrew from the French Open with an "injury."  😏  But is he really injured??  Most likely, his tennis ability is slowly deteriorating.  It's probably just a combination of things—not a specific injury.  Rather than risk embarrassment in Paris, he obviously thought it better to withdraw.

But wait a minute—why didn't he decide to just play doubles or mixed doubles in Paris then?  🤔  I mean, not that long ago, didn't he accuse Djokovic of being a fiend for titles, while poor Humbalito himself just loooooves the sport??  Obviously that was all just a bunch of crock.  🤥

So, Roland Garros looks more wide-open than ever this year.  Just for fun, I looked at some "expert" picks—six of them picked Alcaraz, two Djokovic.  With Djokovic the third seed this year, he ended up in Alcaraz's half, which may not actually be a bad thing, though.  Djokovic's draw, at least until the semis, isn't all that terrible.  And Alcaraz's draw isn't that easy.

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Carlos-alcaraz-novak-djokovic-madrid

Although I don't plan to watch any of the tennis, it wouldn't totally surprise me if Alcaraz doesn't even make it to the semis.  If I had to make a guess on who the favorite is, I'd say Djokovic.  He has to be very hungry after what happened last year, and can probably just smell another big title.  😋  Of course, Alcaraz would be a close-second bet.  It seems that for Djokovic, the two big factors are:  1) his form and 2) the weather.  If his fitness and strokes are looking good, and the weather is warm and dry, then I'd definitely consider him the favorite.  And the Paris weather forecast for the next week looks pretty dry.  sunny  As for Medvedev, the second seed, I'm not even sure he'll make it to the final—I suspect that some young player will knock him out earlier.  

Anyway, it's looking like Nadal is finally done.  Could he really come back a whole year from now and win another Roland Garros title?  Well, you never want to say never with him, but that ain't lookin' real likely.  Wink

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat May 27, 2023 10:58 pm

Oh, wanted to mention a couple other things.  Some folks think last week's Roland Garros draw might've been rigged.   Suspect   Well, I do think a lot of electronic draws are rigged, but apparently this one (at least for the seeded players) was done live by some rugby players.  While it is possible to rig something like that, it's a lot harder.  So, the draw for the seeded players was probably fair.

On the topic of doping, I learned recently that, back in 2009, Richard Gasquet tested positive for cocaine.  But then later he got cleared when he claimed that he must've picked up the cocaine by kissing some chick in a nightclub.  💋  I mean, he actually got away with such a lame excuse??   Surprised

Anyway, speaking of bogus excuses, it seems that Slovakian player Andrej Martin is the latest player to be peddling one.  His exact excuse?  He claims that he ingested a banned substance by drinking from a teammate's water bottle.  Rolling Eyes   Well, I guess that's at least better than "The Easter Bunny made me do it!!!"  🐇

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Andrej-Martin--1140x597

Andrej Martin is potentially facing a dishonoring end of his career. The Slovakian has been served with a 14-month doping ban from the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA). The events surrounding the same were witnessed hailing upon him during an ATP Challenger event in 2020.

During his participation in the Bratislava Open in June 2020 Martin tested positive for an anabolic agent, SARM S-22. In connection to the results, he was handed a 4-year ban from the sport. The sentence, however, has been recently reduced remarkably. After convincing an independent tribunal that his part in the mentioned offense wasn’t intentional, he has been awarded a lesser sentence of 14 months.

“The player asserted that he had played in a floorball tournament… and that the presence of the substance was caused by mistakenly drinking from a teammate’s water bottle, identical in appearance to his own. Martin’s floorball teammate admitted that he added Ostarine drops to his water bottle. The Independent Tribunal considered Martin’s statement to be plausible,” stated ITIA.

https://www.sportsmanor.com/tennis-news-reason-behind-slovakian-andrej-martins-14-month-ban-tennis-star-suffers-same-fate-as-maria-sharapova/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:42 pm

These days, I try not to comment too much about actual tennis results, since the sport itself has become such a farce, but it's always fun to analyze the "accuracy" of so-called experts.   Laughing   Of the fifteen picks I read by tennis "experts," only three actually picked Djokovic to win the French Open.  That's just twenty percent.  Razz  So, in general, if you want to know who's going to win a big tournament, just realize that it probably won't be who the "experts" are expecting.  Wink

Now let's move on to some interesting theories.   Suspect   When Djokovic beat Alcaraz in the semifinals of Paris, the official story was that the young Spaniard started cramping.  But one person had this take on the situation:

He felt the pressure in that second set from Novak and then created the illusion of cramps so he could say he lost because of cramps. Not because Djokovic was superior. I can’t rule this out. Carlos has done this before, remember he quit the US Open night match vs Felix.

He also doesn't believe that Nadal really had surgery:

Did you see Rafa showed a hospital photo? But the hospital looks fake. Why do tennis pros feel the need to present photographic evidence of their hospital stay after supposed surgery? It’s like they feel the need to present evidence though nobody asked. All they need to do is say they had surgery, photos in a supposed hospital bed are not necessary. Unless it’s a choreography with ulterior motives?

I'd post the "hospital" photo here, but unfortunately I can't find it.  Crying or Very sad   Anyway, knowing Nadal, I have serious doubts about his so-called surgery as well.  🤥

Last but not least, I've read speculation that there may be some sinister plan afoot to "take out" the seemingly unstoppable Djokovic—along the lines of what happened to Monica Seles.   What a Face

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Djokovic-deported-1-1200x800

For instance, Grand Slam doubles champion Paul McNamee recently tweeted this:

I fear there’s a new agenda leading up to Wimbledon… one aimed to stop Novak at all costs, as you can’t find a single player who thinks they can beat him there if he plays well…

What's more, for this year's tournament, apparently Wimbledon has created a promotional poster and video without a single mention of Djokovic.  😳

Do I think that there are many folks out there who would love to do anything possible to take down Djokovic?  👹  Yes.  (I mean, we've already seen that with him getting banned from two Grand Slams last year.)  But anyway, hopefully nothing new will succeed.  Still, he'd certainly do well to watch his back—and hire the best personal security possible. 💂

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:03 pm

These days, we seem to hear so much about Carlos Alcaraz being a "gentleman" and a "great sport."  Well, get a load of this—in the past day or so, apparently his father got out a camera and recorded one of Djokovic's private training sessions at Wimbledon.   What a Face

So . . . does anyone really believe that Carlos himself didn't know about this?  And when's he going to comment on his father's creepy behavior?  🤔  I guarantee you that if Djokovic's father had done the same thing to Carlos, that's all we'd be hearing about in the news—and many would probably even be calling for Djokovic's withdrawal from the tournament.  Evil or Very Mad   The story below includes angry reactions from many tennis fans.

Obviously Carlitos is running pretty scared to stoop this low.  I guess he realizes that to win the tournament, he's going to need all the "luck" he can get!!   😂   In all honesty, I don't know if he'll even make the final.

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 43e81-16890914640728-1920

Carlos Alcaraz faced the wrath of tennis fans after his father allegedly videotaped Novak Djokovic's Wimbledon training session. . . .

During Novak Djokovic's training on Tuesday, Carlos Alcaraz's father allegedly attended the practice session and recorded everything that was happening.  Soon after reports of this development emerged, tennis fans expressed anger at the Spaniard, his father, and his team.

One fan in particular was furious at the Alcaraz camp's alleged behavior.

"This is inadmissible! No punish for Alcaraz's father recording Nole training? They have so many rules! @Wimbledon read this. It's not fair play at all!"

. . .

"@carlosalcaraz you and tour team are a bunch of cheaters, if you want insides of Novak's game you ask to practice with him you don't send your dad to film his training details, you're a cheater and so unsportsmanlike. Have some shame."

. . .

Can you imagine Novak's father doing that?

It would already be the biggest story of Wimbledon.

. . .

If even fans are banned and journalists are restricted, then it’s completely wrong for the father of a players rival to be recording his training.

. . .

This is very bad.

I wonder whether will try to justify this breach of manners and fair play, will ask Carlitos about it or will just pretend it didn’t happen.

. . .

@carlosalcaraz

Any comment? Is this fair play? Is this sportsmanship? I don’t think so! Basic lack of manners and respect, bordering on cheating 👎

. . .

Wtf???? Surely this is illegal

. . .

So he’s cheating?

. . .

DISGUSTING!!

https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/news-carlos-alcaraz-team-bunch-cheaters-tennis-fans-furious-spaniard-s-dad-supposedly-films-djokovic-s-wimbledon-training

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:43 pm

Today's topic is a fascinating one.  Is there actually a tennis mafia?  Suspect  Well, why are we even asking this question?  🤔  Last weekend, of course, Carlos Alcaraz's victory was a surprising one.  And it seems there are three possible explanations for it going around:

1)  The contest was a fair one.  Djokovic got kind of unlucky with the windy conditions and with blowing the second-set tiebreak, but overall Alcaraz was the slightly better player and a deserving winner, one who rose to the occasion.

2)  The "tennis mafia" did everything they could to help propel Alcaraz to victory, including having Medvedev tank in the semis and having a corrupt umpire call a time violation on Djokovic late in the second-set tiebreak.  They also quashed the story about Alcaraz's father secretly filming Djokovic.   Mad  

3)  The "tennis mafia" told Djokovic to throw the match, but to let it go to five sets so as to look like the real thing.   Twisted Evil

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Image10

So, what do I think?  Well, I honestly don't know.  Each of these explanations seems to be plausible in certain ways.  And I've collected some interesting comments from other boards about the matter.  As corrupt and as anti-Djokovic as the world of pro tennis is, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there actually was some "intervention" to help secure the Wimbledon title for Alcaraz.  🤑

Anyway, here are some of the comments that have been posted in the past few days:

This match reminded me of the 2021 US open final. Seems like Djokovic had a visit from the tennis mafia. He was instructed to lose this match. If you watch carefully in the 2nd and 3rd set he hits the ball straight back to Alcaraz alot of the time. Medium length balls with not much pace, allowing Alcaraz to hit winners. He could have easily beaten Alcaraz in straight sets. But unlike the US he decided to let this one go 5 sets (looks better in the history books). When Djokovic smashed his racket, it was actually out of frustration that he was forced to lose this match, when he knew he could easily have won it.

The match when Djokovic played to his 100% full doped up capacity was the 2019 Aus open final against Nadal. That match was at an insane level.

Russian master once again mysteriously opting to return serves and play the Spanish dynamo from far behind the baseline, a recipe for failure. . . .

This theory is circulating by a man called Genku on twitter: Before 2021 USO Medvedev made a pact with the establishment. With some sacrifice & compromise, his place is secure & he can fulfill most of his ambitions without obstruction. He knew what he needed to do. He also knew he would have no chance against Novak.

The tennis mafia do actually have an interest in keeping the paying fans interested in tennis. If Djokovic is winning everything, tennis gets boring. Thats why i think they intervened at Wimbledon this year. Much more interesting to tennis fans everywhere that Alcaraz got his 1st wimbledon than Djokovic got his eighth.

Also I think team Federer and Nadal do still hold some clout behind the scenes, and one thing they don’t want is Djokovic getting the calendar slam.

[In general, tennis is] not pre-scripted. But the tennis mafia step in if things are getting TOO ridiculous (lol)

If they hadn’t made him lose US 2021 and Wimbledon 2023, and banned him from entering certain countries due to be being unvaccinated, its likely Djokovic would have won 12 GS in a row…. from 2021 to 2023…(only Nadal at 2022 FO might have stopped him) and surely that would be ridiculous enough to wake up tennis fans and affect global tennis finances

time violation at 45 in the TB may have been only the first strike by the deep state. It may have been the turning point . . . [which came] at the MOST critical point in the second set.

great point about the father’s video spying story getting flushed down the memory hole fast. They’d fine Novak for any misbehavior, so as to further villainize his image and rep.

Yes., it does seem like the tennis mafia tried to not let Djokovic get the calendar slam as the door was actually wide open for him to take. It was a a single kill shot that guaranteed 1) Djokovic if he loses = calendar slam gone, 2) to ensure that Federers eight wins remains intact and secure, 3)CA could’ve gotten pointers from both Nadal and Federer on match play against Djokovic as they undoubtedly want to stop him from winning more slams.(just saying). After all CA did seem very eager and sure of playing him in the finals as can be seen from his on court interviews after his matches.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:38 am

To repeat that tweet from Paul McNamee from the middle of June:

I fear there’s a new agenda leading up to Wimbledon… one aimed to stop Novak at all costs, as you can’t find a single player who thinks they can beat him there if he plays well…

Well, it seems to me that he wasn't just whistling Dixie!!  Suspect

So . . . ya gotta wonder—exactly what tricks do the "tennis mafia" have up their sleeves leading up to the U.S. Open?   🧙‍�🔮🌟

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:01 am

Speaking of a possible "tennis mafia," a recent political article discussed this kind of corruption in American professional football.  Evil or Very Mad      So . . . if this happens in pro football, is it really such a stretch to conclude that it can happen in pro tennis too?  I don't think so.  Suspect

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Miracl10

In the NFL [there was a blatantly fixed match]. The game was called “The Miracle in the Meadowlands.”  Everything about that fixed game reminds me of the 2020 stolen election.  It’s a perfect match.

The game was the New York Giants versus the Philadelphia Eagles on November 19, 1978.  The NY Giants had it won.  All the NY Giants had to do was kneel the ball and the game was over.  But they decided to run one more play—for no reason.  The NY Giants quarterback tried to hand the ball off.  The running back refused the ball.  It fell to the ground.  No NY Giant wanted to pick it up.  A Philadelphia Eagle player (Herm Edwards) picked the ball up with only a few seconds on the clock and ran it back untouched into the end zone.  It was the most unlikely win in the history of the NFL.  It became known as “the Miracle in the Meadowlands.”

But everyone with a brain…anyone who wasn’t a sheep, or complete moron…and every street-smart gambler…knew they had just witnessed a fixed game.  Today everyone acknowledges it.  It was a stolen football game.  Philadelphia had to win, or people were going to get their legs broken. Or worse.

It wasn’t a “miracle.”  It was a mafia fix.  No one can prove it.  But we all know.  Everyone knows.  Sound familiar?  Sometimes you don’t need proof. You just know.

But the plot thickens. A decade later (in 1989), I became one of the youngest TV hosts and anchormen in America.  I was in my twenties and hosted NFL programming for CNBC (in those days known as FNN- Financial News Network).  One day I invited a famous bestselling author as a guest.  His name was Dan Moldea.

Dan was famous for writing bestsellers about the mafia, political corruption and the murders of Robert F. Kennedy and Jimmy Hoffa.

In 1989 he wrote a book titled, “INTERFERENCE: How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football.”  In the book he named actual fixed games.  And the one he built the whole book around was “The Miracle in the Meadowlands.”

But Dan never got to appear on my show to talk about the fixed “Miracle in the Meadowlands.”  My network banned him after a call from the NFL. Moldea was blackballed by the entire American mainstream media.  The fix was in.  His book died.

Moldea told me, “I’ve written about the murders of RFK and Jimmy Hoffa and no one ever banned me.  But no one will allow me to talk about a fixed NFL football game?  There’s your proof—the game was fixed by the mafia. Now we know. That’s why they won’t let me talk about it. Because it’s true.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/wayne-root-now-its-official-i-know-it/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:42 am

Once again, this year's U.S. Open draw was "revealed," not actually performed.  That opens the door to all kinds of abuse.  Suspect  But was the draw actually fixed this time?  Well, if it was, it doesn't seem to have been against Djokovic.  😊  Maybe the tennis mafia just got sick last week or something.  🥴

So many people have been saying that Djokovic's draw is an absolute cakewalk—and that he should just waltz to the final.  However, he just got a surprisingly stiff challenge from his countryman Laslo Djere of all people, coming back from two sets down.  And this goes to show that just because a draw may look easy on paper, you never really know where danger might lie.  I didn't watch the match, but apparently Djere was playing like a maniac and probably would've taken out anyone else in the bottom half of the draw.  What a Face   Funny how so many players just seem to play out of their minds when facing Djokovic—maybe the tennis mafia offers a handsome bounty 💵 to many of his opponents in the hopes that they can take him out of a tournament.  

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Unname11

Just for fun, I looked at the "expert" picks for this U.S. Open.  On the ESPN site, one of the "experts," whose name is Alyssa Roenigk, was so clueless that she stated Djokovic could potentially meet Medvedev in the semifinals!  Rolling Eyes  And then she didn't even state who she thought was going to win.  Well, scratch her name off the list.  🚫  Anyway, out of 14 "experts," 8 picked Djokovic to win, 4 picked Alcaraz, and 2 picked Sinner.  Of course, since the expert picks seem to be the kiss of death 💋, I guess Djokovic can just wave his chances goodbye now!  👋🏻

Actually, my guess is that there will be an Alcaraz-Djokovic final—yeah, I know, not exactly a bold prediction.  And with Djokovic getting such a tough test from Djere this early in the tournament 💪, if he ends up making the final, he should probably be sufficiently prepared for anything that comes his way there.

Anyway, while I definitely think draws are fixed at times in tennis, if this U.S. Open draw was fixed, then it certainly wasn't obvious—at least to me.  😏

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:56 pm

Get this—Moderna, the evil, shameless sponsor of the U.S. Open, was forced to feature Djokovic in its "shot of the day."  💉   How's that for irony???  pirat  

While I still believe that, like Federer and Nadal, Djokovic is using performance-enhancing drugs (along with many other players, including Alcaraz), it was nonetheless great to see him stick it to the U.S. Open after being banned from entering the country last year.  Watching him win another title must have been the USTA's biggest nightmare.  cheers

I didn't watch the match or anything, but apparently Medvedev presented a stiff challenge in the marathon second set of the final.  I heard he probably would've even beaten any other past champion in New York except for Djokovic.  And what's especially interesting is that Djokovic transformed himself into "Serb and volley" man during the match, becoming a guru almost at the net.  affraid

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Espns-10

Oddly enough, it seems to have been a blessing in disguise for Djokovic that Alcaraz won Wimbledon, because otherwise he probably wouldn't have won in New York.  🤔  While it's not likely he'll win the French Open or the U.S. Open again (but who knows?), I think the Australian Open and Wimbledon are still on the table for him.  As for Alcaraz, no doubt he'll rebound, but has all the hype so far turned into a curse??  Suspect

I don't really pay attention to women's tennis, but I heard someone knowledgeable say that the women's final seemed very suspicious to him—almost as if the match was fixed for Coco Gauff to win it, which wouldn't really surprise me.  Razz

Anyway, once again, so many of the "expert" predictions flopped hard.  clown   Of the eight "experts" at Tennis.com, none of them predicted that Medvedev would make the final, and six (75%) predicted that Tommy Paul would make the semis.  Very Happy  Just goes to show that when it comes to predicting sports, there are basically no real experts.  Here's another example:  So many people said that Medvedev had no chance against Alcaraz in the semis because of matchup issues.  Well, we saw how that turned out, didn't we?  Wink

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:29 pm

You know what they say:  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  But if there's a tennis mafia, do they really play by that rule??  🤔

Apparently there's good reason to believe that many important tennis matches are fixed.  According to some insider info, a former top-40 ATP player has actually said this:  “You would cry if you knew some of the biggest matches you’ve seen on TV were fixed.”   What a Face

A possible recent example is the women's final at last month's U.S. Open.  Let's face it—the U.S. Tennis Association has been desperately seeking a Serena 2.  So, a Coco Gauff victory was a dream come true for them.  In addition, her higher-ranked opponent Sabalenka made a gazillion repeated, dumb errors.  Now, I'm not saying that the match was definitely fixed—just that it's a possibility.

Here's something else to think about:  Barry Michael, a former lightweight boxing champion from Australia, discussed on social media one time the three biggest offers that he ever received.  So, what exactly were those for?  To throw fights!!!  And his biggest offer was to throw a fight for the world title.   Shocked

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Match-10

The idea of fixed matches in pro sports is really nothing new, though.  As far back as 1919, there was a huge scandal in American pro baseball, called the "Black Sox Scandal":

Black Sox Scandal [was an] American baseball scandal centring on the charge that eight members of the Chicago White Sox had been bribed to lose the 1919 World Series to the Cincinnati Reds. . . .  Court records suggest that the eight players received $70,000 to $100,000 for losing five games to three.

Suspicions of a conspiracy were aired immediately after the World Series ended, principally by Hugh Fullerton and other sportswriters. . . .  [Later] a grand jury was called to investigate various allegations of gamblers invading baseball.  On September 28, 1920, after Cicotte, Williams, Jackson, and Felsch admitted to the grand jury that they had thrown the 1919 series in return for a bribe, Charles Comiskey, owner of the White Sox, suspended seven of the players.  (Gandil was already on suspension in a salary dispute.)  The indicted players stood trial in the summer of 1921 but on August 2 were acquitted on insufficient evidence—largely because key evidence, including the original confessions of the players, had disappeared from the grand jury files. (They probably were stolen.) On August 3 the new baseball commissioner, Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis, banned the eight players from the game for life.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Black-Sox-Scandal

Putting all the pieces together, if match fixing was going on over a hundred years ago, then it must be at least ten times worse today!!  Suspect  So, no doubt tons of matches in pro tennis have been fixed.  To repeat the money quote above from that former top ATP pro:  

You would cry if you knew some of the biggest matches you’ve seen on TV were fixed.  All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 1f629  

And all this kinda brings to mind some of the lyrics from Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry":  🧺

You don't really need to find out what's goin' on.
You don't really wanna know just how far it's gone.  All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 1f632    

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:49 pm

What with all the doping, match fixing, gamesmanship, etc., it's so easy to focus on the bad stuff in tennis.  But today there was a fine display of professionalism from a young player.  👏  Jannik Sinner, who I believe is ethnically German, is an Italian player who just (barely) beat Djokovic a couple of days ago at the ATP Finals in Italy.  There are two groups of four players at the event, with two players from each group advancing to the semis.  Well, by tanking his match today against Danish player Holger Rune, Sinner could've eliminated Djokovic (his biggest competitor) from the picture and had an easier road to the title.  Instead, in spite of an apparent injury, it seems that he gave it everything he had to win a tight three-setter against Rune.  

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 8 Ooba10

From a logical standpoint, there was really no reason for him to try to win the match—he actually had more to lose than to gain by winning.  By losing, he could've 1) conserved much-needed energy and 2) sent Djokovic packing.  But like a real trouper 👷, he persevered and eventually came out on top.  He could well end up winning the whole thing too.  However, even if he doesn't, he can feel proud knowing that he's giving the fans in his home country a great show and doing the right thing 👍, not taking the easy way out and doing something shady in order to get ahead, like a lot of other players might have done.  Suspect

Today, Sinner was a saint.  😇

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum