All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

+2
neptune
bighax
6 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Sat May 11, 2024 8:16 pm

Not to be deterred, apparently Djokovic came prepared today. 😂

(Just click on the video below to get it to play.)

neptune

Back to top Go down

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Empty Re: All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted

Post by neptune Mon May 13, 2024 7:08 pm

It sounds like Djokovic may have had a concussion.  Mad Even "mild" ones are serious business.  Hope he'll be okay soon.    🙏

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:28 pm

Well, the Zverev trial has finally ended.  Even though many of his fans are so quick to proclaim his "innocence," the court merely said this:

The decision is not a verdict and it is not a decision about guilt or innocence.

He ended up paying a settlement out of court.  Tell me—if you were truly innocent, why would you be shelling out any moolah at all?  🤔  I personally believe that Zverev was abusive toward his exes, and that's why he was willing to settle out of court.  In all his statements about the alleged abuse, he always acted like a man with something to hide.  🤥

In other news, Djokovic had some surgery on his meniscus right after withdrawing from Roland Garros.  So, will he still be playing Wimbledon and/or the Olympics?  Well, that's what everyone is wondering.  🍿  Don't think he'll win the Olympics, but assuming that he's recovered enough, Wimbledon is still a possibility.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:49 pm

Some interesting inside info from Marion Bartoli:  🍿

You know I know the physiotherapist who takes care of Novak's rehabilitation well, he worked at Olympique de Marseille and what I can tell you is that internally what he says is that there is a greater chance that Djokovic will play Wimbledon than the other way around...so we must stop thinking that he will not play at Wimbledon. And if he finally plays of course he will be one of the two favorites.

Hope that's accurate!  king

https://www.simbaforkids.ch/2024/06/17/bafork/IN24HAO420210KM40/

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:19 pm

Was looking at some "expert" picks for Wimbledon.  Most of the time these picks end up flopping Smile, but I thought this was a pretty sound analysis concerning Djokovic:  👍

D'Arcy Maine: Djokovic. I know Sinner and Alcaraz are the favorites and have remarkably similar odds to win this thing, and there certainly is a case to be made for all of the other players mentioned above, but I'm just going to be bold here. Djokovic is going to thrive in the underdog role and win major title No. 25, if he remains in the draw. Sure, it seems absolutely nuts that he's even potentially playing so soon after surgery, but, by all accounts, he has looked solid in training, and others (most notably Taylor Fritz in 2021) have come back in less time from the same procedure. There's no shortage of motivation for Djokovic at Wimbledon this time around, with the opportunity to take sole ownership of the record for most Slam titles in history and a chance to avenge last season's result. Tying Roger Federer for the most titles (Cool at the tournament by a man? it's hard to think Djokovic won't find some extra fuel in being doubted. And that could be just what he needs to win his first title of the season. You know, if he plays.

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Image14

I'm not actually going to try to predict the winner myself, but assuming that Djokovic is in decent form, I do think his chances are as good as Sinner's or Alcaraz's.  Cool

https://www.espn.com/espn/betting/story/_/id/40446913/wimbledon-2024-tennis-betting-predictions-odds-stats-expert-picks

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:58 pm

I didn't watch the Wimbledon final, but I heard that Alcaraz was outstanding, while Djokovic was pretty dire.  Embarassed

This whole year, Djokovic's tennis has been half-baked.  Dumping his team a few months ago probably wasn't the most brilliant idea either.  clown  Injury aside, he just hasn't trained consistently enough to produce his best tennis.  I suspect that lack of motivation is a big factor.

Still, making the final after getting meniscus surgery ain't too shabby.  Cool  However, for Djokovic to win another Slam, it seems he'll need some "help."  In other words, besides a favorable draw, he would need Sinner and Alcaraz to be upset early or hobbled with some injuries.  Obviously, with Djokovic's off form of late, it's not likely that he'd be able to beat either guy in a big match.

Some folks are actually saying that Djokovic faked his surgery.  Suspect  And while that's possible, I haven't seen any good evidence to support it.  I saw another comment that a "37 year old magically back in the finals after 'knee surgery'" suggests some serious doping.  Of course, that's a possibility too.  😏

It'd be kind of funny if Djokovic won the Olympics, but I really don't see that happening, especially on clay and in a best-of-three format.  Besides, he seems to have a mental block at the Olympics, probably because he wants success there too badly.  Although I wish him the best, I'd be surprised if he even makes it to the medal rounds.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:03 pm

Well, the Olympics are about to begin, and it's possible that Nadal and Djokovic will clash in the second round.  🍿  Then again, Nadal seems to be playing his usual game of duck 🦆, so who knows what will happen?

Speaking of Djokovic, while his fitness seems to be a question mark, a bigger problem might actually be a flabby "ambition muscle."  🛌  Many years ago, in an interview, singer Sheena Easton discussed how hard it is to stay fiercely ambitious in any profession as you get older.  Here's an excerpt:

Youth and ambition go together. … I don’t think ambition is something that lasts a lifetime.  I still remember the fire in the belly. … Now I still love to sing. I still love music. But I don’t have that burnin’ ambition, to where I’ll do anything for a career. … I don’t care what career you’re in, the ambition goes away. You still enjoy the job, but the ambition dies down.

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Sheena10

From:  https://www.reviewjournal.com/uncategorized/sheena-easton-raising-kids-in-vegas-out-of-the-spotlight/

So . . . Djokovic may never win an Olympic gold—or even another Grand Slam—but that's okay.  Especially now that he's a dad, it's only normal for his "ambition muscle" to be sagging a bit.  Cool

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:39 pm

I'll admit I didn't see it coming—Djokovic's gold medal.  Very Happy  He had a very difficult draw too (in contrast to Alcaraz's cakewalk draw), and I don't think a single "expert" picked him to win.  

It's ironic that the previous post discussed his flabby "ambition muscle," but for the Olympics at least, Djokovic still had the proverbial fire in his belly.  🔥  And here's some of what he had to say about it:

The fact that I won the bronze in the first Olympic Games and ever since then failed to win the medal and played three out of the four Olympic Games in semifinals and couldn’t overcome that obstacle.  And then now at age 37 with 21-year-old that is probably the best player in the world right now and now winning Roland Garros and Wimbledon back to back playing incredible tennis.

When I take everything into consideration, this probably is the biggest sporting success I’ve ever had in my career.

So now that Djokovic has basically fulfilled all his tennis ambitions, maybe the fire in his belly really is doused for good.  Wink

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Image17

After he won the gold, I read some accusations about how only doping could explain how a 37-year-old could accomplish such a feat.   And what can you say?  I would love to be wrong, but I believe that all the top players are doping, including Djokovic and Alcaraz.  Nonetheless, I'm still glad that Djokovic beat the Establishment Darling, who I think was even bragging that he was going to bring home the gold for Spain.  tongue

Now, I didn't watch any of the corrupt Paris Olympics, where satanic rituals dominated both the opening and closing ceremonies and where it was okay for men to beat up women in boxing.  Evil or Very Mad  In fact, I basically only followed some of the tennis.  Anyway, for me the one bright spot (possible doping notwithstanding) was that Djokovic was finally able to stick it to the Establishment and take home the gold that had eluded him for so long—and without even dropping a set!  sunny

As for the upcoming U.S. Open, I think it's anybody's guess what will happen there.  😏

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:51 pm

This is interesting.  Apparently Jannik Sinner failed two doping tests way back in March.  But the results were swept under the rug, and he got "cleared"—without receiving any kind of suspension!  Shocked  Even worse, we're just learning about that now.  Rolling Eyes

Here are a couple of interesting comments about the news from another board:

Look, I really like . . . Sinner but can someone tell me, how did he not get banned until his name [was] cleared?  Isn’t this the standard procedure?  Can someone correct me if I’m wrong?

Cilic, Gasquet were all found innocent eventually but they were handed provisional bans?

He also took many breaks after this time due to "injury" and "illness" etc.  Super suspicious.

Of course, I definitely don't think Sinner is the only top player doping, but the preferential treatment he got is absolutely disgusting (but not exactly surprising).  Razz

https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/news-i-don-t-believe-jannik-sinner-guilty-mark-petchey-denies-double-standards-italian-avoiding-ban-despite-2-failed-drug-tests

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:51 pm

According to this article by an investigative journalist, apparently lots of Italian athletes have tested positive for the steroid clostebol recently.
What a Face  So . . . you'd have to be pretty naive to think that Sinner's failed tests were just an "accident."  🐑

An anabolic steroid once given to East and West German athletes has resurfaced in elite Italian sport.  Honest Sport investigates whether the drug is now being used similarly to testosterone creams. . . .

Over the past decade the drug has resurfaced in Italian football and across Italy’s wider sporting landscape. Between 2019 and 2023, 38 Italian athletes have tested positive for clostebol despite the fact it is scarcely produced in oral or injectable form by pharmaceutical companies, as it was during the Dr. Klümper era.

https://honestsport.substack.com/p/italys-clostebol-doping-crisis-across

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:39 am

This is pretty funny.  On X (or Twitter, or whatever it's called), apparently someone posted the picture and caption below:  🤣

Jannik and his physiotherapist

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Gvb25x10

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:27 pm

Even more crookery from the Sinner camp.  Suspect

Guess what?  His lawyer actually has ties to the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA), so no wonder he merely got a slap on the wrist!!  Mad

Incidentally, a poll on another forum asked this question:  "Do you think Sinner actually doped?"  Of the more than 250 fans who responded, about 60% voted yes.  Shocked

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Image19

The news of Jannik Sinner testing positive for a banned substance will continue to make headlines after it was discovered his lawyer has the International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA) on his client list.

Sinner's case was investigated by the ITIA, an organization committed to promoting, encouraging, and safeguarding the integrity of professional tennis worldwide. That includes examining cases where a player may be guilty of doping.

The Australian Open champion failed two tests during the Indian Wells Open. A slight trace of clostebol, a banned substance, was found in both positive tests. That news was kept private until Tuesday, five months after the incidents occurred.

Sinner was cleared of any wrongdoing and avoided a suspension after the authorities determined the Cincinnati Open champion's explanation that his physiotherapist accidentally put the clostebol in his system after using an over-the-counter spray was plausible.

The 23-year-old did lose his prize money and ranking points from the Indian Wells Open. That means Novak Djokovic and Carlos Alcaraz have a better chance of overtaking him before the end of the season. . . .

Unfortunately for Sinner and his supporters, discovering his lawyer's client list will only strengthen the voices of those who feel the case was improperly handled.

Jamie Singer was one of the lawyers who helped Sinner make his case to the ITIA. . . . .

However, Singer also has the ITIA on his client list. That appears to be a conflict of interest since he has represented both the investigative agency and the athlete it was investigating.

It is unclear how that situation was allowed to happen. Someone with Sinner's wealth could have afforded many other high-profile lawyers without any links to the ITIA. It seems like a question that the ITIA and Sinner need to be asked.

Yet, the links do not end there.  Singer is the founding member of a law firm known as Onside Law, which has the ATP as one of its clients.  While the ATP did not investigate the case, it could be argued that they have an interest in the World's No. 1 player not being found guilty.

The revelation about Sinner's lawyer only alarms skeptical people even more and casts further doubt about how the case was handled.

https://tennis-infinity.com/atp/shocking-conflict-of-interest-emerges-as-sinners-lawyer-has-itia-on-client-list

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:55 am

The steroid popper is basically guaranteed a USO win this year, yawn. New low for World Tennis Entertainment.

It seems all you need to dope safely is for there to exist some kind of product on the market that has the substance you need. Then just have your scapegoat or two repeat some insane massage story.

The official excuses don't make sense. Why didn't Ferrara go straight to Sinner to tell him there is a possibility of contamination? Oh, because suddenly, part of the blame would fall on Sinner, and the "No Fault or Negligence" clause couldn't be applied.

Is there even proof of this alleged "cut"? Or even of Sinner's cuts on feet? Why Naldi didn't wash his hands before applying the spray? Oh, of course, he "just didn't hear" the warning from Ferrera, because he "was jetlagged". Lol! Some "professional".

Why does the clause to completely remove a penalty even exist?

It's all so convenient. Almost as if the entire anti-doping program exists to actually protect the dopers, but to still be able to pretend that the sports are clean.

Anyway, just popped in to see what's going on. Seems you've been staying active. Hope your life is going well.

bighax
Admin

https://tennisdoping.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:24 pm

Draper predictably lost. Most of the MTF buffoons blamed it on his "fitness", "stamina", "needing a training block", "something with his diet", or needing to hire "an excellent physio". Yeah, how about the one who will massage CLOSTEBOL into his body. It's the CLOSTEBOL that's making the difference. But of course MTF, in their quest to hide their heads in the sand, will miss the CLOSTEBOL in the room. And then there's this joke of a moderator:

"All references to suspected doping have been removed from this thread. Consider this a warning to everyone to stay on topic and discuss details of the match. Future off-topic statements regarding Sinner will result in warnings/infractions as necessary."

Totally embarassing. Some MTFers have figured out what's up, but they are quickly being purged. Some hide themselves by code words, that's how bad the freedom on MTF has gotten. Good thing they basically kicked me out when they became Mens Covid Forum back in 2020.

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bighax Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:58 am

Comments of other players:

Djokovic:

There is a lot of issues in the system. We see lack of standardised and clear protocols. I can understand the sentiments of a lot of players that are questioning whether they are treated the same.

Hopefully the governing bodies of our sport will be able to learn from this case and have a better approach for the future. I think collectively there has to be a change, and I think that’s obvious.

Many players – without naming any of them, I’m sure you know already who these players are – have had similar or pretty much the same cases where they haven’t had the same outcome.

And now the question is whether it is a case of the funds, whether a player can afford to pay a significant amount of money for a law firm that would then more efficiently represent his or her case.

I don’t know. Is that the case or not? That’s something really I feel like we have to collectively investigate more, to look into the system and understand how these cases don’t happen, how we can standardise everything so that every player, regardless of his ranking or status or profile, is able to get the same kind of treatment.

Though the plea for lesser players to be treated the same is noble, he doesn't really call out the bullshit story given here, nor the specific "protocols" like the possibility to just not be given punishment at all, even if you were playing with a performance enhancer inside you for months. My grade: 4/10.

Federer:

It’s not something we want to see in our sport, these types of news, regardless if he did something or not, or any player did. It’s just noise that we don’t want.

I understand it’s a tricky situation. It’s the nightmare of every athlete and team to have these allegations and these problems because we fill out these forms all day every day.

And it lives with you. Every morning when you wake up, you think, ‘Is somebody at the door coming to test me?’ So it’s really difficult.

I understand the frustration of, 'Has he been treated the same as others?' And I think this is where it comes down to.

I think we all trust pretty much that Jannik didn’t do anything, but the inconsistency potentially that he didn’t have to sit out while they weren’t 100% sure what was going on, I think that’s the question here that needs to be answered. But look, it is what it is, and we need to trust the process as well of anyone involved here.

It's noise that you don't want, huh? Then maybe tell your fellow players to stop doping. Being tested is so bad, huh? But you are earning millions to hit a ball. Maybe just deal with this little inconvenience.

The only thing Federer seems bothered about here is that Sinner wasn't suspended while the authorities "weren't sure what was going on". Yet he still "trusts the process" while we now know Sinner has played multiple tournaments with Clostebol in his body. But Federer sees no problem. Just come out and say it, that you want doping to be allowed completely, and the annoying tests to be done away with. At least that will be honest. 1/10 reply.

Nadal:

I have a virtue or a deficit, which is that in the end I usually believe in people's good faith. I know Sinner, I don't believe that Sinner has ever wanted to dope

I don't think we have to like it only when it is resolved in the way we think. In the end, justice is justice and I believe in justice.

I believe in the bodies that have to make decisions and that really make them based on what they believe is right.

I'm totally confident that if he has not been sanctioned it is because those who have had to judge this case have seen very clearly that there were no sanctions to be imposed

I do not believe that because he is Sinner he will not be sanctioned and because he is someone else he will be sanctioned. I really believe it and I am convinced of it.

I hope he's not really that naive. But then again, he also defended the mass poisoning by Covid vaccine. Does he really think it's "justice" when someone played with a performance enhancing drug in him for multiple tournaments? Possibly taking prizes away from people who were clean. And that this was hidden for months? He doesn't believe in differential treatment for players. Basically a standard PR reply. 2/10 as it's less shameless than Fed's - at least Nadal doesn't complain about the testing process.

Alcaraz:

Well, it's a really difficult moment for him, that's for sure. It is complicated. I mean, I'm not gonna lie; it is complicated. But obviously, what I can say? I mean, in English, it's going to be difficult for me to explain myself, but I try.

Well, I believe in a clean sport. So I don't know too much about that. You know, I am pretty sure that there are a lot of things that we don't know, you know, inside the team or inside, you know, everything. But if they let Jannik keep playing, it's for something; they said he's innocent. So that's all I know, and that's all I can talk about.

I'll be lenient because there seems to be a language barrier there. I quite like this reply though, he admits there could be things hidden on purpose - whether by Sinner's team or the anti-doping authorities themselves - while still staying cryptic and defending himself from backlash. In fact he seems to suggest there are some things he can't talk about, as in, he's being prevented from doing so. Which seems to be a criticism of cancel culture, though I might be overanalyzing his response. There's no bullshit PR or needless defense of the situation. Final grade: 6/10.

Kyrgios:

Ridiculous. Whether it was accidental or planned. You get tested twice with a banned (steroid) substance… you should be gone for 2 years. Your performance was enhanced. Massage cream…. Yeah nice 🙄

And another reply he made to a fan:

Bruh, they probably tested when it was just leaving his system? The amount doesn’t matter. Wtf his team doing with something like that anyway? Save it, he failed 2 steroid tests. Should be gone.

The only player calling out the bullshit. Still a winner even outside the court. 10/10.

Last edited by bighax on Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding quote tags)

bighax
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:00 pm

bighax wrote:The steroid popper is basically guaranteed a USO win this year, yawn.

Hi, bighax.  Glad to know you're still alive!  Cool

After Djokovic exited early, I basically lost interest in the tournament, because there was no one else to really care about.  In fact, apparently the men's final had dismal ratings too—at least in the U.S.  😴

New low for World Tennis Entertainment.

That's all it is, essentially.

Then just have your scapegoat or two repeat some insane massage story.

Well, people are getting smarter at least.  On MTF, in a poll of about 250 fans, a whopping 60% believed Sinner was guilty!  What a Face

The official excuses don't make sense. Why didn't Ferrara go straight to Sinner to tell him there is a possibility of contamination? Oh, because suddenly, part of the blame would fall on Sinner, and the "No Fault or Negligence" clause couldn't be applied.

As Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense,  it isn't true."  🤥

Is there even proof of this alleged "cut"?

Of course there is!  Sinner paid out lots of money to cover this whole mess up, and all the authorities got their cut!!  Laughing

Or even of Sinner's cuts on feet? Why Naldi didn't wash his hands before applying the spray? Oh, of course, he "just didn't hear" the warning from Ferrera, because he "was jetlagged". Lol! Some "professional".

It's all nonsense.

Why does the clause to completely remove a penalty even exist?

Something called charity work.  😹

Almost as if the entire anti-doping program exists to actually protect the dopers, but to still be able to pretend that the sports are clean.

I think so—basically just a smoke screen.  🚬

Anyway, just popped in to see what's going on.

The Sinner story has heated things up at least.

Hope your life is going well.

Dzięki—tobie również.  sunny

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:15 pm

bighax wrote:Draper predictably lost. Most of the MTF buffoons blamed it on his "fitness", "stamina", "needing a training block", "something with his diet", or needing to hire "an excellent physio". Yeah, how about the one who will massage CLOSTEBOL into his body. It's the CLOSTEBOL that's making the difference. But of course MTF, in their quest to hide their heads in the sand, will miss the CLOSTEBOL in the room.

The ones who are ignorant make the most noise, but at least that poll shows that so many people are finally getting it.  I'm glad that Sinner isn't a very popular #1 as well. Even many of those who think he's innocent still find him to be insufferably boring.  🥱

And then there's this joke of a moderator:

"All references to suspected doping have been removed from this thread. Consider this a warning to everyone to stay on topic and discuss details of the match. Future off-topic statements regarding Sinner will result in warnings/infractions as necessary."

They're probably worried about a possible lawsuit.  😬  And wimpy stuff like that is one big reason I don't post there anymore.

Totally embarassing. Some MTFers have figured out what's up, but they are quickly being purged. Some hide themselves by code words, that's how bad the freedom on MTF has gotten.

The author of Facing Serena Williams has been permabanned there too, even though he's tried to sneak back in under different incarnations.  clown

Good thing they basically kicked me out when they became Mens Covid Forum back in 2020.

That year's the last time I posted too, though I do still vote in some of the private polls.  I just think it's better to support mom-and-pop type tennis forums that actually allow freedom of speech.  🎙

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:33 pm

bighax wrote:Comments of other players:

Djokovic:

Though the plea for lesser players to be treated the same is noble, he doesn't really call out the bullshit story given here, nor the specific "protocols" like the possibility to just not be given punishment at all, even if you were playing with a performance enhancer inside you for months. My grade: 4/10.

He's just trying to be diplomatic, and isn't really saying a whole lot.

Federer:

The only thing Federer seems bothered about here is that Sinner wasn't suspended while the authorities "weren't sure what was going on". Yet he still "trusts the process" while we now know Sinner has played multiple tournaments with Clostebol in his body. But Federer sees no problem. Just come out and say it, that you want doping to be allowed completely, and the annoying tests to be done away with. At least that will be honest. 1/10 reply.

Just typical Federer.  Rolling Eyes

Nadal:

I hope he's not really that naive.

He's not—at least when it comes to players doping.  I don't believe a word he said—and I doubt he does either.  🤥

But then again, he also defended the mass poisoning by Covid vaccine.

Well, in that area, I do think he's hopelessly obtuse.  bom

Basically a standard PR reply. 2/10 as it's less shameless than Fed's - at least Nadal doesn't complain about the testing process.

That's about the only positive (no pun intended) there.  Wink

Alcaraz:

Which seems to be a criticism of cancel culture, though I might be overanalyzing his response. There's no bullshit PR or needless defense of the situation. Final grade: 6/10.

His response is decent, but have you seen these before-and-after pics of him from a few years ago?  🤔

https://tennishasadopingproblemblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/16/itf-tadp-q4-21-quarterly-report-2021-per-player-statistics-and-itia-taking-over-responsibility-for-tadp/

Kyrgios:

The only player calling out the bullshit. Still a winner even outside the court. 10/10.

It was definitely no-nonsense, which was refreshing to see.

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:43 pm

Actually, some former pros have expressed their dismay as well, like Chris Evert, who said she thinks they're "protecting" the top players.  But right now we'll focus on the latest statement from former #1 Lindsay Davenport.

Anyway, maybe it's a good thing that Sinner "won" the U.S. Open, because a known doper is exactly the face of tennis that the ATP deserves to have.  😼

All posts on the Tennis Has a Steroid Problem blog got deleted - Page 10 Davenp10

Former women’s world number one Davenport became another known voice who expressed her reservations with how the case was dealt. The former American tennis star was recently quoted in a report where she stated that she was ‘shocked’ with authorities' behaviour towards Sinner despite testing positive twice. She was of the opinion that the current world number one had to bear the 'consequences' and also stated that it is proved once again that all players are not treated equally by the authorities.

I am honestly shocked,” she said. “Like most. It seems that we are only now finding out what is happening behind the scenes. I don’t know how he is allowed to play all year. It’s not fair to other players, it’s obvious that not everyone is treated the same. Especially to those who are ranked lower. Money seems to be decisive here, because there are greater opportunities to pay lawyers and everything that is needed. The Italian had to bear the consequences.”

https://tennisuptodate.com/atp/italian-had-to-bear-the-consequences-lindsay-davenport-left-shocked-after-jannik-sinner-escapes-ban-despite-testing-positive-twice-for-banned-substance

neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum